Chapter 26

"I want a girl who is in it for me, not for the money, not for the fame"

I sat upright in my bed, I could remember fragments of my dream; I remembered being in London, that boy and a train. I woke up screaming, it woke Jiyong up too, he looked dazed and confused; his hair was ruffled and his eyes were puffy. Somehow I found it cute.
        "Wh..." he coughed as he tried to find his voice, "what are you screaming at?" he said this with slight distaste. I guessed he wasn't really a morning person. I apologised and got out of bed. I went into the bathroom and cleaned myself up. Their apartment was small, modern and right now, was silent. I couldn't hear anybody talking, I figured they must have been in bed. I wondered what time it was. 
        I walked back into the bedroom to find Jiyong asleep. I stood in the doorway and looked at him for a few moments. He had his head buried into his pillow and his arms cocked at a weird angle. I wondered if he was actually asleep. The bed covers were at his waist, he looked like a young child. I walked over to him and put my face close to his; I could hear his light breathing. I reached my hand out but hesitated for a moment; I didn't want to wake him. Oh well. I tucked his hair behind his ear -out of his face-.
"I love you, Know Ji Yong," I whispered as I kissed his cheek. He groaned and rolled over, still fast asleep. I laughed, picked up my clothes and left the room wondering if I would ever see him again.

 A deep voice came from behind me, "And where do you think you're going?" I closed the door as quietly as I could and turned around to see T.O.P standing above me. I looked to Jiyongs door and back at him; he stood staring at me with his arms folded.
        "You can't leave without having a drink and some food!" A big grin spread across his face, I sighed in relief as he turned around and beckoned for me to follow him. I was actually very thirsty and thankful of his hospitality.
"The rest of the guys are asleep, I usually get up hours before them and go for a run." I'd never really spoken to T.O.P before but I had a feeling that I was going to enjoy his company. 
        "I quite like to be alone for the morning run, I like to think about things," I didn't know where this was going; he turned left into the kitchen. I couldn't imagine any of the boys cooking for themselves... I smirked at the thought.
        He pulled a chair out for me and gestured for me to sit down, I did as I was told. He poured me a glass of water and got me out a bagel; he put it on the counter and sat down with me. We sat in silence as I ate.
        He was the first to speak, "are you sure you want to leave?" I began to choke on my drink. "Sorry, was that too forward? It's just..." his eyes gazed elsewhere, "It's just that I've never seen Jiyong like this... He has been acting very... strange..." It began to dawn on me that the way he had been acting in front of me was probably just a facade, I felt terrible. I never thought of how he was acting at home in front of his friends. I rested my head in my hand.
        "I'm sorry," was all I could say. He went and poured himself a drink.
        "When are you leaving?" He asked as he sat back down. I didn't want to lie to him.
        "Two days," I murmured looking down into my glass.
        "But Jiyong said... he said it was in two weeks..."
        "That is what I told him," I was still staring into my glass, "I lied because I didn't want to say goodbye... because I know that if I faced him before I was going to leave... I know I won't get on that plane."
        "I don't think that would be such a bad thing," I looked up and saw him smiling at me. "But not saying goodbye at all, is a terrible thing to do... Can I tell you something?" He picked up both glasses and went over to wash up. "I think you should know why it is a bad idea to leave without saying goodbye," I was becoming intrigued, "Jiyong... he has had some really bad past experiences in relationships," I thought as much. "He has only been in love twice, you're his second love and his first..." I could sense that this subject was very personal to Jiyong and he was unsure whether to tell me his story, but I kept quiet, waiting. "She really hurt him, she did the worst thing somebody could in a relationship... she was in love with somebody else, she didn't love Jiyong. She loved his social status. We all knew but, he was completely oblivious to it." I looked in the direction of his room; I wanted to crawl back into bed with him. "Until one day, she just left." He turned around with a stern look on his face, "he did some bad things after she left... very bad things,"
        "Did he find out the truth... in the end?"
        "But the things he did were understandable," it was as if I never said anything, I was kind of glad he did- "yes, he knew, I was the one to tell him the truth. He has never been the same since, he still bares the scars that she left, we all do. Until one day he met you," I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach. "The Jiyong we once knew came back to us... when he met you, that hurt look in his eyes had left, he was-" he shook his head, "he is happy with you Lydie. It's as if he has forgotten the past since you came into his life and if you just leave like she did... I don't think he will ever be the same." I understood now. I couldn't just leave, not without saying anything. "So please, say goodbye... in some form of another." In some form or another? I thought for a moment and nodded.

He led me to the door and we said our goodbyes.
        I decided that it wasn't going to be our last meeting.