Chapter 5

"I want a girl who is in it for me, not for the money, not for the fame"

The drive to wherever we were going was incredibly bland, Jiyong was talking to the driver, in Korean, so I didn’t have a clue, I only picked up a few sentences which weren’t of much importance but Jiyong mentioned my name once or twice. I didn’t pay much attention. I just looked out the window and closed my eyes.
         “You sleep funny.” I blinked twice and slowly opened my eyes to see Jiyong sat staring at me, I coughed and sat upright. “I, err, sorry.” Was all I could come out with, I ended with a smile though.
"Don’t worry it wasn’t that bad, you want to see how my sister sleeps! You were much cuter.” I laughed and thanked him. 
       The car came to a stop; Jiyong undid his seatbelt and then undid mine too. I couldn’t remember doing mine; I stared at him in puzzlement. “What are you doing?” I whispered. *click* “What does it look like I just did?” he shuffled out of the car, I was still tired and staying in the car seemed a better option than getting out to me. The driver was stood holding my door, he closed it once I had gotten out, he hoped I have a good night. I smiled and bowed.
       Jiyong was waiting for me on the path; he had put a hat on and sunglasses. I felt even more out of place next to him now. Did he not want to be seen with me? “We’re going in there,” he gestured to the restaurant behind us, it was empty except for two security guards outside, one was watching us and the other was watching the people walking by. “It looks awfully expensive,” I murmured eyeing the place up, he saw the worry in my face. He grabbed my arm and led me in.
        The two security guards bowed to Jiyong as we went in, Jiyong didn’t respond, but I bowed. The restaurant was huge, it had beautifully black polished marble flooring, and it was dimly lit. The walls looked freshly painted, they were a brilliant white. The waiters were stood at the back, near the kitchen, they were watching us with intense eyes, one greeted us; "Sir Jiyong." They both bowed at each other. I watched as they both spoke, again I could only pick up a few sentences, so I continued to look around. “Miss Lydie,” I looked at Jiyong who was staring at the waiter, I looked back and bowed. The waiter led us to our table, Jiyong nudged me on the way and grinned and winked. He hadn’t said much since we were sat on the wall; he seemed hurt when he spoke about the people around him. I didn’t like the thought of somebody hurting him, I walked closer to him, I wanted him to know I was by his side.
          We were sat at the table furthest away from the windows and door. Jiyong had taken his hat and sunglasses off and handed them to a female waiter stood nearby. He ruffled his hair and pulled out my chair. “After you,” he said and smiled.