Chapter 18

"I want a girl who is in it for me, not for the money, not for the fame"

 

He was dragging me along and I was still in deep thought about what just happened. I never got to thank the boy for helping me and now me and Jiyong... are... dating? Boyfriend and girlfriend? Something like that. I liked the sound of that. The thoughts of my parents had pretty much left my head; it felt as though I had no worries. 
Jiyong squeezed my hand as we entered the park, as soon as we did everybodys eyes were on us, it made me feel uncomfortable, but Jiyong carried on walking; his pace was slowing now and he had a bounce in his step. I ignored all the faces and walked with a bounce in my step too. 
        The park was incredibly beautiful, full of greenery and bustling with people. I didn't know such a place exsisted in such a crowded city. Peoples eyes had started to drift elsewhere and we had privacy, well almost. There were a few cameras around.
        He led me to a spot pretty much secluded from everybody else, except for a few people walking by and he let go of my hand and threw himself down on the grass. I just stood there for a few minutes, looking around, not knowing what to do.
"Are you sitting down or whaaaaat?" he put his hands behind his head and closed his eyes, it looked as though he was sun-bathing. I sat up-right beside him, still looking around. "Aisssh, aisssssh, are you just going to sit there looking around and looking miserable all day?" 
"I will do whatever I please, thank you." I nodded and smirked. I looked over my shoulder to see a vexed look on his face which made me laugh. 
"I think you do what you want to do all the time, anyway..." I slapped the bottom of his leg and he flinched. I sighed as I realised I had to go home later and face reality, alone. 
He put his hand on my shoulder, interrupting my thoughts and he pulled me down.
       We stayed there for a while, talking about anything and everything. He questioned about my problems at home once or twice but my reaction was enough for him not to question anymore. He asked more questions than me and I had more to ask. I would have felt rude if I asked who 'Big Bang' were and what their music is like. I should look them up really, and soon too. I hardly managed to get a word in, nevermind a few questions. He sounded excited and I wish I knew why. He just kept going on and on... after a while I kind of stopped listening and closed my eyes.
       "What do you think Lydie?" I opened one of my eyes; I must have drifted off. I groaned and moved so I was laying on my side and I had my arm over him. 
"Erm..." I mumbled, "about what?" I added with a sly grin. He turned away from me.
"You haven't been listening to me, have you?" I tried to pull him closer but he pulled away. "I'm sorrrrry..." he turned to look at me, I puckered my lips and tried to look as sad as possible. 
"Aisssh," he pulled me closer to him this time and he put his arm around my shoulders. "I could never be angry with you, especially when you do that stupid face!" I regarded his insult. "What were you talking about anyway?" 
"It doesn't matter." I looked at him closely, "have I upset you for not listening or?" 
"No, not at all, I'm not that sensitive you know!" He flicked my forehead. I crossed my arms and refused to say anything until he told me.
"Why are you always so stubborn?" I didn't reply. "Ok, ok! I said we should take your father out, for a meal or just a day out... or we could take him on a holiday, or something like that... I don't know really, I just want him to relax a little..." he was starting to get embarrassed, he started to trail off. 
"I think he would love that and I would love it too Ji." He nodded and we stayed there for a while.
        Riiiiiiiiing Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing... I didn't bother to answer, riiiiing riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing I had a feeling it wasn't going to stop ringing... riiiiiiiiing riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing. I sat up and pulled my phone out my pocket, it was my dad. 
"Hello? Dad?"
"Lydie I was wondering when you were going to pick up! I thought you were ignoring your old man or something..." he laughed, "anyway, where are you? Are you coming home soon? Mum is home and we need a chat, but it is ok if you can't get back yet, I just think your mum will be impatient if you don't come back soon..." I could hear my mum in the background, and she was shouting at him. 
"Erm, no, don't worry... I can come back now if you want." I looked behind me and Jiyong sat upright too; he had a concerned and sad look on his face.
"Are you sure? I don't want you to come if you are busy doing something!"
"Well yeah... but it's okay, I hope it is as important as you say!" I could hear him laugh.
"Well ok, but take your time ok? I think you should saviour the moments you have Lyd." He hung up on me after that sentance and what did he mean by that anyway? At least I would find out soon. I got up and brushed the dirt off me- Jiyong remained where he was. "I'm sorry, I really am," he still sat where he was, staring at me. I started to feel awkward, I put my arms around my back and started to look around. 
"Was it your father?" He asked and I nodded, then he got up. "Time to take you home then?" He forced out a smile and grabbed my hand. 
        On the way back we didn't walk, his security guards walked us to a car. But, on the way back I saw two girls from my school, they were in all my classes, they were so beautiful. I think they are called... Paula and Eun Mi, they were nice to me when I first started school but now they never spoke to me. They kept looking at me and Jiyong as we walked, I bet they will talk to me now. 
        The journey back was long and bland, we didn't speak, I only rested my head on his shoulder and he played with my hands. 


Waaah~ Sorry I took so long to update. I have lots of exams coming up so I've been revising and hardly on the computer... and when I have tried to write, I've been stuck with writers block >< Sorry sorry~