Chapter 30

"I want a girl who is in it for me, not for the money, not for the fame"

Jiyongs POV:
Jiyong awoke at 8AM with a groan. His head and stomache hurt; he swore never to drink again. He got up, went to get dressed and had a wash; he walked straight past Lydies letter; he didn't even notice it. Jiyong was looking forward to seeing Lydie today; he was going to take her out - somewhere special and bring her back to his place. He tried to block out the fact she was leaving soon; he had been thinking of ways to persuade her to stay and the only one he could think of was... her living with him. Jiyong knew she wouldn't like it but the least he could do was ask or most likely, beg.
        He walked into the kitchen -still half asleep- to find T.O.P sitting at the table drinking tea, staring at him. Jiyong nodded at him but he said nothing. Jiyong made a cup of tea and sat with him, "what's up bro?" He questioned but T.O.P was just staring at his door; he looked troubled. T.O.P shook his head.
"You haven't found it then," Jiyong looked confused; he didn't know what his friend was talking about. T.O.P stood up abruptly, "she left you a letter! She is leaving, TODAY! I can't believe you didn't notice it..." T.O.P shook his head, "you really were drunk last night." Jiyong froze, what was he talking about? Lydie wasn't leaving for another week; she wouldn't lie to him... would she? He didn't know what to do; his eyes began to sting; he just shook his head. T.O.P placed his hand on top of Jiyongs and said he was sorry for not telling him the truth.
        Jiyong got up and moved swiftly to his room; he saw the letter straight away. It was next to his bed; on his table. His hands shook as he picked it up; he thought he had more time. He opened the letter:

My dearest, Jiyong,
                                  By the time you read this I will already be on a plane to England. I'm sorry I lied to you and I know sorry isn't good enough but I hope one day you will understand why I did what I did. It may seem selfish and wrong to you, but to me... it was the right thing to do. But don't think for one second that I didn't try to tell you; because believe me I did. But... I just couldn't. It was too difficult; the thought of saying goodbye to you makes me want to cry and stay with you, forever.
        I didn't want to leave you, infact you're the only reason I wanted to stay. Life is Korea for me was dull; I hated it but then I met you and you made me enjoy living here; you made it fun and exciting. So thank you for that. 
       Will you say goodbye to the rest of the boys for me? It saddens me; the thought of not seeing them again. They are good friends and I'm sure they will help you through tough times Jiyong; if the need ever arises; I hope it doesn't, but it may.
       My flight is at 10AM, tomorrow. (or today? Depending on when you are reading this ha~) I'm rather looking forward to going back to England; I've been waiting to go back since I was 13 years old. I'm excited about seeing my friends again; I doubt they will recognise me but still. I'm looking forward to seeing my family also, it has been such a long time since I saw or spoke to any of them; my parents have been so busy the past years they've not kept in touch with their mothers or fathers. It's sad really. Anyway.
        I'm kind of hoping you're there at the airport; to say goodbye but... at the same time I don't want you to be; because I know if I see you I won't get on that plane. So I will just say goodbye now; just incase. I will never forget you, Jiyong, don't you forget that okay? I hope you remember me too! At least for a little while... I'm going to miss you a lot. Please, please, please look after yourself and eat lots! I'd hate to hear you falling ill. 
       I wish we could have spent more time together; I love you -and don't you forget that!- Goodbye, I'm sure we will meet again, one day!
All my love, now and always, Lydie.


Jiyong didn't know what to do; his hands were shaking and tears rolled down his cheeks. He looked at the clock and it read 9AM; he had an hour. He knew it was too late but he couldn't let her go without trying. He grabbed his coat and his car keys and headed for the door.
        T.O.P was stood at the door he nodded at Jiyong and said; "make sure you find her, okay? And make sure you bring her back." Jiyong nodded and T.O.P closed the door behind him.