Chapter 9

"I want a girl who is in it for me, not for the money, not for the fame"

I sat in bewilderment watching the two of them converse with one another, after around ten minutes of being sat with them both, I noticed Jiyong bringing out his more playful side, it was incredibly cute; the way he looked after the little girl. I still couldn’t determine what kind of relationship they had or what relation they are to one another, there is no way she could be his daughter… is there? She only looks about ten or eleven, and Jiyong is what? 19 I think he said so that’s impossible and he’s never mentioned having a sister, but saying that he’s never really mentioned anything about his family. I could only presume they aren’t close.
        “ICE CREAAAMMMM!” Bella screamed at the top of her lungs in Jiyongs face, “I WANT ICE CREAM!” she had a stern look on her face, I think this girl got whatever she desired. Jiyong held one hand in the arm and the waiter from before came back and took his order. He turned to face me, “is there anything you would like for dessert, Lydie?” I shook my head, looked down and wondered the time, I wanted to go home. The two of them seemed pretty fine without my input so far, I’m sure they wouldn’t mind if I left now. I didn’t want to be here. I couldn’t understand why I was thinking like this, but I knew I just wanted to be home. I started to play with my fingers as I was deep in thought, I knew my desire to leave was getting the better of me.
        I looked up as I noticed how quiet it had suddenly gone, Bella was reading her book looking as excited as ever and Jiyong… he was staring right at me, I couldn’t read his expression at all, it was a mixture of all different emotions both good and bad. 
“Thank youuu, Mrs Waiter-ladddy~” Bella had put her book down and was already tucking into her ice-cream. She was getting it all over her clothes.
“This is my little sister,” Jiyong finally decided to speak to me, just to say that. I had already figured it out really, it was blatantly obvious they were exactly alike both in looks and personality, but right now I liked Bella’s personality a lot more. He was staring at me, waiting for a reply. The only thing I could come out with was, ‘ahh’. He ran his hand through his hair once and leaned in closer and whispered that he was sorry.
“For what?” I asked sarcastically, I tried to make it sound harsh but I was unsuccessful with both. I always felt bad when I tried to be horrible to him, it’s like he could control my very emotions. It pissed me off.
“Everything, I shouldn’t have said what I did,” he looked over at Bella who was still eating her ice cream, “I feel bad, I’ve never felt this bad before, I just… don’t take peoples emotions into account when I say something. Most people because of who I am just go along with it, I hope that makes sense.” I nodded and did a half smile and he continued, “I just feel so stupid for turning up at your house like I did and inviting you out and saying what I did, I think it’s rude of me to do that. And… I just hope, you can forgive me, Lydie. Because, I know it will sound silly, but you’re the only person who hasn’t just gone along with what I say, and I think that’s what friends are supposed to do-“
“What about the band?” I stopped him, he always sounded hurt when he spoke about other people, but he never said how the rest of Big Bang act around him.
“Well…” he started to laugh to himself, “you’ll know when you meet them,” he winked. “They’re my best friends. And that should say enough,”
“but you just said to me-“ he shook his hand at me, “no Lydie, when I said people I meant girls, they put on a show in front of me, but not you, is what I meant.” He said this last sentence incredibly fast like he didn’t want to say it. It seemed to me, he has had bad experiences with women.
“Sorry,” I just muttered. “But I’m glad to hear I’m not like the rest of them,” I reached out and put my hand on his, only for a second.





 

P.S. sorry I took so long to update ><'' I'm writing chapter 10 right now, I will upload it tomorrow ^^<3