Chapter 6

"I want a girl who is in it for me, not for the money, not for the fame"

I eyed the room over once more, once I met the waiters’ eyes they turned away. I didn’t really understand this situation; they weren’t scared of me were they? I looked at the person opposite me at the table, no, they’re not scared of me, but they might be scared of him.
         He had the menu in front of him; he had a slight smile on his face. I picked up the menu too I didn’t understand anything except ‘MENU’ I sighed and put it down. A waiter was stood to the side, I didn’t notice her before, and she was staring intently at Jiyong, she had her pad waiting in her hand. She is incredibly pretty, she had long hair tied back in a ponytail, she had big sky blue eyes and she had a fantastic figure, I looked down at myself. I shuffled closer into the table, Jiyong suddenly looked up at me. I met his eyes and looked at the young girl once again who smiled at us both. “I’ll have the usually please Hyuna. “ He handed her the menu then they both looked at me. “Err,” I glanced at the menu and gave up. “I’ll have the same, please.”
         He leaned forward, scoped the room and put his head in his hand, staring at me. “Ask me then.” Was it that obvious?
“Just who are you Sir Jiyooong?” I asked sarcastically but with full curiosity.  “And,” I added, “why are you so important?” he leaned back, I realised how cold it sounded after I said it.  Every time I opened my mouth to him I ended up wanting to hit myself.
“Well, let me ask you honestly, Lydie, do you want to know? And would you change if you knew?”  
         I knew he was being serious. His usual happy expression had gone, and I didn’t like what replaced it. I had to think about his question carefully, I didn’t know if I’d change the way I acted just because he told me who he was would I? Surely not, he would still be the same Jiyong to me. And let’s be honest, I doubt I would even know who he was even if he told me, I sat back in my chair and put my hands on my lap... “Well,” I wanted to word this right, I wanted to sound intelligent and a little witty.

“Ji, you are who you are and I like who is sat in front of me, if I’m honest, I like you for you, Jiyong,” He put both of his hands down and pulled his chair closer to the table, “however, I will like this ‘other person’ you keep talking about. I don’t understand why you are so reluctant to tell me who you are but, you should know by now, I don’t know much but I know I’m not as shallow as you seem to think, Ji. My opinion of somebody simply doesn’t change because of who they are or what their job is or where they come from
, I don’t know many things about myself and some things I'm sure I'd rather not know, but I know that I’m not the person you make me seem to be or maybe... you think I am going to be, at least, I hope I’m not.” The young waiter came back with the food and placed it out in front of us, I started eating but Jiyong waited for me to finish.
         “The truth is, I like you Jiyong, and I will like the other Jiyong just as much-"
“Actually,” he stopped me and spoke for the first time, “it’s G-Dragon.” I scoffed, placed my knife and fork down, “G-Dragon? What kind of name is that? G-Dragon,” He laughed and had come back to his usually self, he sat back in his chair and we both started to eat our food, not a word was said after that.