Chapter 3

"I want a girl who is in it for me, not for the money, not for the fame"

“No, I, err…” I pulled out the first thing I could find, “I was waiting for you to get out,” I stood with the clothes in my hand, I had my red lace body-con dress, I swore as as he noticed what I pulled out, he had a strange look on his face which I didn't recognise.
“Why should I get out? Just get dressed, I won’t look!” He put his hands over his eyes. It was just moments before his fingers edged apart. I moved to the bottom of my bed, with my arms crossed, “Move. Now.” And  with that he got up and left the room.
 
        What was I doing? Why was I going out with him, I didn't even know him! I had acted without thinking, I should have refused to go out with him, I had only met him today and he just turned up at my house but I don’t think he would’ve taken no for an answer.
I sighed and put the dress on, some flat shoes and I also put a little eyeliner and mascara on.
He was the first to open the door, he stood at the doorway, staring as I was
 putting a bobble in my hair,  I turned to face him. He looked me up and down.
“You look, err... you look…” he looked me up and down again and he swallowed, hard.

My eyes widened, I wanted him to tell me I looked good. “Nice, you look nice, Lydie.” I smiled and he added, “Really, really nice.” He nodded his head and looked at me again.
“Off we go,” he added with a smile, I smiled back.


He left my doorway and walked down the stairs first, I followed in pursuit. I liked how confident he was and somebody as handsome as him, I’m sure he had been on a lot of dates before so he knew what he was doing. As for myself, I’ve never been around a guy this long, well a guy that I wasn’t related to, as far as I can remember. [Soft Break]      My mother was waiting at the bottom of the oak staircase, probably to tell me I wasn’t allowed out. I let a sigh escape my lips. “Lydie…” she said holding out what looked like a handbag. “Here, they were your grandmothers,” she held them out, I could hear her voice shaking as she spoke; she had never shown me affection and from what I could tell she was unsure on how to proceed. Jiyong looked at me and stepped aside. I stepped off the stair case and met her eyes; she smiled then instantaneously looked away. I took the bag, it was beautifully made, and it had a gold strap with silk threaded through. The bag itself was small; its clip was also gold, in the shape of a diamond. I put it over my shoulder and smiled to myself then to my mother.  “Thank you,” I bowed. She nodded and quickly walked back into the kitchen, my eyes followed her. “I put some money in too, just incase.” She said this without looking back. “You can go now,” she added dryly; attempting to go back to her usual self.
          Jiyong and I left.