Chapter 2

"I want a girl who is in it for me, not for the money, not for the fame"

My mother greeted me as I came through the door.
“Hi, to you too” I responded and went up to my room; I could hear her muttering to herself as I walked. I knew I was a disappointment to her and she never made any attempt to talk to me, she never even asked me how my day was.

I slumped onto my bed and buried my head into my pillow, cursing. I’ve never been angry, upset yes, but not angry; especially not at myself.
He was the only person who made a slight effort to talk to me and I responsed with sarcasm and rudeness. He was
 the only person who tried to talk to me and he was a cute, the more I thought about it I realised that he never spoke to any of the other girls there, except me. I huffed and puffed into my pillow. I soon drifted off.

“Lydie, Lydie! LYDIE” I was awoken by my mother screaming my name, what did she want? I ignored her and put my head back into my pillow. I heard voices from downstairs, probably just her and some friends. I glanced over at the clock, 6:17pm.  I buried my head back into my pillow. I heard footsteps closeby.
       “Is that all you do when you come in from school? You just… lay there waiting for the day to end? I thought you were going to be a little more exciting than that, Lydie.” I groaned. “Just go away mother.” I heard her scoff. 
“I don’t think I’m your mother Lyd, can I call you Lyd? Is that okay? Of course it is.” It suddenly dawned on me that it wasn’t my mothers voice, it was the boy I had spoken to earlier in the day, it was Jiyong. I turned my head and opened one eye to see him standing at my shelves, smiling as he looked through the books.
“Anyway,” he said still with his back still turned, “we’
re going out! Well what I mean by that is I’m taking you out, ooh!” he pulled out Harry Potter. “I’ve read this one!” he twirled around in one swift movement and I quickly buried my head back into my pillow and pulled the covers over my body. The room went silent. I heard him putting the book back and then everything went silent. “I’m such an idiot,” I murmured to myself.

I sighed and pulled the cover back off my head to see him sitting on my bed, shoes and jacket off. He cocked his head slightly and smiled as he moved closer to me, “you’re not an idiot Lydie,” he pulled out his hand and placed it on my cheek, I reluctantly pulled away. But instead of taking a hint he put his face inches from mine. I closed my eyes as he spoke, “Get ready,” I could feel his cool breath on my lips; I had an urge to kiss the stranger.
“Why?” I tried to say it as seductively as I could. He had that sly grin back on his face, “because,” he returned upright again, I couldn’t help watching this boy; the way he acted and moved fascinated me. “We’re going out..." he paused for a moment, "I’m sure I’ve just said that Lydie,”

       “I thought you were going to call me Lyd?”
“Lyd, Lydie, same thing. Now get ready.”

I pulled myself up and off the bed as quickly as I could; his grin was replaced with puzzlement. “Now wait a minute, what the hell are you doing in my house? How do you know where I live? You creep! Get out! And don’t tell me what to do, either Ji.”  I crossed my arms and waited for him to leave, I put on a stern look but I could tell he knew it was façade. 
“Ji... Ji? Yeah I like that, you can call me that... Nobody else but you,” he laid himself out and was now leaning against the head board, why was he was acting so cool, he had his hands behind his head, he closed his eyes and continued, “and well, how I found out where you live, isn't that important is it?” he opened one eye and looked at me. I just mumbled, ‘no’.
He smiled and opened both eyes and continued eyeing up my room and told me to get ready, again.  I let out a sigh of disapproval and reached into my wardrobe for some clothes.
I wanted to make an effort, I looked over my shoulder to see what he was wearing; he looked casual but smart. I looked him up and down twice before he caught me looking, I could feel my cheeks burning, “Something wrong?” He questioned.