Chapter 1

"I want a girl who is in it for me, not for the money, not for the fame"


It didn't take long for my parents to fit in, they had many friends and went out with them whilst I was left, by myself. They made no effort to help me, so I just gave up with them and tried to concentrate on my studies, which to me seemed like a total waste of time - studying something I didn't understand. I would much rather have been sticking to my plans I had back when I lived in England.
       When I finally started High School the first few weeks of Senior High were hell.
I could only pick up very simple conversations and I think sometimes even the teachers found how little I knew about the Korean language, annoying, but they had patience with me at first, because I did make an effort.
People just stared and whispered and made little effort to talk to me, except the odd two or three, which would always say hello when they saw me. I appreciated it.
 I struggled with school more and more as time went by; the teachers made less effort to help and the students just ignored me. I made every excuse to miss school as often as I could.    

It was a few weeks after we came back from winter break that I saw him, I couldn’t believe I hadn’t noticed somebody like him before.
      It was dinnertime and I was sat on one of the benches just outside of the school, there were two girls sat giggling to themselves;  they looked younger than I was only by a year or two. I couldn’t understand what they giggling about and why they had to be so loud. But after a while I heard other people around laughing too, and I noticed that the people talking were girls. I tried to block the noise out however, it was a little irritating, I had an exam in the afternoon and Chemistry wasn’t my best subject.
The girls next to me on the bench were getting more excited as the minutes past, I glanced to them and saw one almost lose her balance as she laughed. Her friend was holding back a scream. I wanted... no, needed to know what they were getting so excited about. I looked up from my text books and knew exactly what all the girls were giggling about as soon as I saw him. 
He was beautiful. He was just stood there, as though he was waiting for something or someone, the girls around him made no effort to talk to him they just stared, giggled and pointed. He simply smiled at them and that was enough.
He had short black hair, which flaunted his facial features. He was wearing our uniform;  but he pulled it off better than the rest of us. Anybody could see that.
I attempted to make myself look more feminine and a bit more intelligent, I pulled my skirt down just a little and I unclasped my blazer. I fiddled with my hair.
I don’t even understand why I bothered pampering myself up a little it’s not as if somebody like that would ever- my thoughts stopped as the giggling of the girls next to me stopped. I could see from the corner of my eye them pointing at me, I let out a sigh, shook my head and returned my thoughts to Chemistry.
       “Are you going to acknowledge me yet?” I didn’t recognise the voice. But they were speaking in English. And it was a male. I stopped what I was doing, not knowing what to do with myself, I was beginning to get nervous, but I managed to lift my head up to see that face looking at me. His eyes were locked with mine, which made me panic even more. I gathered all my books together in a hurry.
I was about to stand when his hand came down onto my books. I looked at his arm and then up to his face, he had just a shirt on. I could see the muscles tensing as his grip tightened on my books, I swallowed, hard. He was smiling at me. His eyes were a deep brown; I could see the puzzlement in his face as he eyed me over. I turned my eyes towards the girls on the bench - just to break the eye contact; they were giving me a look of jealousy and shock. Just what was their problem? A flash of anger had overwhelmed me, I pushed his arm off my books and stood up, he returned upright too and now he’d stop smiling and had a look of confusion and wonder on his face, he tilted his head slightly. We stood staring at each other; I could feel our audiences’ eyes, burning into my skin.
       “Do you know who I am?” it seemed like a genuine question. “You’re somebody who is in my way, and why… should I know who you are?” I cringed as I heard his dry laugh, I glanced to the girls who were still on the bench, and their eyes were wide with shock. Just who was this man? I looked around and saw everybody staring, whoever he was everyone knew him, except me. He made me feel stupid. I shook my head and asked him politely to move but he just stood there staring at me. 
I was starting to become impatient, I decided to walk by him when he asked me who I was.
“What’s it to you? And who are you? You seem to have quite an affect on the people around here.” He glanced around and when he looked back he had a sly grin on his face. “Yeah I guess I do, the ladies do seem to love me... All except you.”
He seemed so full of himself, even if I responded I doubt he would even listen to anything I had to say, but the truth is, he was wrong, I had found him mesmerizingly beautiful.
I wanted to say something but I didn’t want to hurt him, but I wanted to know who he was… But if I wanted to know why was I acting so cold?
       He waited for my response but I just puckered my lips slightly at him and walked by, before I had a chance to make my get-a-way he grabbed me by the shoulder, “Oh, I didn’t answer your question, I’m Jiyong.” He said it with a smile.  “Lydie” I spat back and shook him off my shoulder and carried on walking away.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jiyongs POV
Jiyong turned and watched the mysterious girl walk away, he hoped that she would turn back and talk with him, but she didn’t. He had never met a girl like her before, she was fierce and argumentative, and not like any other girl he had met. Nor had he felt admiration for any girl he had met. He liked her coldness, he found it exciting which he thought was quite an odd thing. And besides he’s never had to do the chasing before.
His thoughts were interrupted by a gentle tap on the shoulder, “Oppa…” said a young girl, her friend was stood closely behind, he smiled as she held out a piece of paper and a pen. He signed it with; G-Dragon.
       The young girl bowed and walked away giggling, he waved as they went, this made them giggle more. He turned back to where he last saw Lydie and she was now gone. There was only one thing he knew for sure, he wanted to meet and talk to her again.
“Lydie,” he murmured to himself. He put his hands into his pockets and headed towards the school building, with groups of girls following him.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


I went through the whole situation in my head half a dozen times, why was he speaking English? Does he know who I am and where I’m from? But I don’t know who he is…
So how could he know who I was? All I knew is that I wanted to see him again, I didn’t know why, but I did. I sighed as I walked into the examination hall. I doubt he’d want to speak to me after the way I acted.