Chapter 24

"I want a girl who is in it for me, not for the money, not for the fame"

He stood motionless as I put put the photograph back where I found it, I had come to believe that he has had many girlfriend before me and now he will have girlfriends after me. I swallowed, hard. I didn't like that thought but it was inevitable. Was I being selfish? Or were these feelings just natural... ? I didn't know, probably never would, but water still filled my eyes. I didn't turn back around but I could hear him making his way across the room.
        "Lydie... it isn't what you think," I could feel his soft breath against my face as he spoke, I didn't really care who she was because after all, it had nothing to do with me. "I really should have put it away, I'm sorry, I wasn't considerate of your feelings, forgive me," he kissed my jaw as he spoke. I shook him off as he continued to speak, "she works at the company, it was taken at my birthday party last year, the guys organised it..." he spoke softly as he finished his sentence, "I just had a little to drink, it was before I even met you... I didn't have any feeling towards her and besides, nothing happened," he just kept talking and talking, I had to stop him.
        " Ji, you should know by now, I have no interest in your past relationships... because now... now you're with me and that is all that matters, right?" I turned around and put my hand on his face, I saw saddness in his eyes. "And I'm so happy that you... I'm happy that you found me, Ji. I don't know where I'd be if you hadn't have been there for me over the past two weeks, I really don't..." my eyes drifted from his, I couldn't believe what I was saying, he would now probably think less of me, but I still continued, "I have come to realise how caring you are and at first I wasn't used to it, not at all," I shook my head as I spoke, "and I appreciate the fact you have been by my side throughout this time in my life I really do..." A big grin appeared on his face, "but..." it then disappeared as quickly as it materialized. "I think..." I closed my eyes for several moments as I tried to think of the right words, "I think that when I leave, that will be the end of whatever this is..."
        "Whatever this is? What is that supposed to mean?" He shook his head as I was about to continue but instead, he carried on, "I don't want this to end and I know you don't either," he waved his hand as I opened my mouth and carried on, "everything that you said is right, I have grown to care about you and the truth is I've never cared about anybody as much as I do about you, do you understand what I'm saying?" I nodded as water began to fill my eyes once more. "I don't want you to leave Lydie, but it is your choice, not mine... as much as I want you to stay here, with me, it isn't my choice. I know how difficult is, I know what your relationship is like with your mother and I know how close you are with your father..."
        "Y-Y-Y-" I was stuttering and the reason was evident, I had begun to cry, "Y-Y-Y-You, y-you're the only r-r-reason I want to s-s-s-s-stay, nothing else is keeping me here," he smiled a crooked, half-smile and then he pulled me into a hug.
        We stood in each others arms in silence, his arms were around my back and my hands were covering my face, which was now stained with tears.


He exscused himself from the room after I stopped bawling and . I felt pathetic. I decided to get into my night clothes that Seungri had left me and get a wash and clean myself up, if I could find the bathroom. 
        I returned to my room expecting to see Jiyong waiting for me, but he still hadn't returned. I crawled into bed to wait for him, I thought about the events that had occured that day.