Chapter 2

The Red String of Fate

"What did you just say to me?" he walked towards me in a threatening way. "I will scream ," I looked for the closes window. "No one would care," he smirked. Before he could advance firther, an alarm clock rang in his room. "," he muttered under his breathe. "Bwoh?" I asked stupidly. "I'm late for class," he went back into his room and came back out within minutes, fully dressed. "Where do you need to go?" he granned jos lets amd pulled me out the door. "Seoul National University," I answered casually. He gave me little acknowledgement as he started his car and turned out from his apartment parking lot. 

"You may be a jerk, but thanks for the ride! I hope I won't see you ever again!" I waved to him happily. He stopped the car and got out of his car, giving me one of his jerky looks and then I came to realize that he wasn't going anywhere. "Baby, I think I will be seeing you everyday from now on," he winked. I slammed his car door shut angrily and stormed off without hearing the other words coming out of his mouth. Every sigle pair of eyes were on us, oh great, the great juicy rumor of the year just started. Miracously, my bag was on my seat when I went into the lecture hall of my first class, is he a stalker or what?

By the end of the day, the rumor of me sleeping with Yongguk has gone through everyone and probably half way around the world. Luckily, my classes weren't as long as yesterday which resulted in me getting to work late and that "incident" to occur between Yongguk and I. I finally found some to breathe, it felt nice to finally be a university student, but the drama just follows me wherever I go, even if I flew 6,579 miles to get away from it in the first place. The area around SNU was mostly wooded and very peaceful, which allowed me to have some time to myself. 

*Meow* 

Am I hearing things? I looked around and it was really quiet except for the occassional wind that caused the tree to rattle. 

*Meow* 

I left my bag on the bench and started to climb the big tree beside me, on one of the tallest branches was a gray colored kitten with a bleeding leg. "How did you even get up here?" I climbed further to reach for it. "YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP THERE?" someone's voice startled me to the point I think I got the kitten and ended up on top of someone. "Owww," I groaned. "You had a nice fall, now get off of me," Yongguk groaned rubbing the side of his stomach. I got off of him worried by the kitten more then Yongguk himself. "Hi," I scratched the kitten's head, she purred hopping around with her one leg up. "You care about that thing more then you care about me, such a heartbreak," he joked. I stuck my tongue at him and picked the kitty up as gently as I could, "that leg of yours need to be bandaged up," I completely ignored Yongguk. "Yaaaaaahhhh~" he ran up to keep pace with me. 

It started to rain when we walked a few steps away from the heavily wooded park area. Yongguk grabbed my other hand and pulled me as we ran through the quiet streets of Gwanak, I had somehow ended up in his apartment once again. He handed me the first aid box and went off to his room to look for something. The kitten sat on the table quietly as I cleaned and wrapped his injured leg up, her soft meows were one of the cutest things I have ever heard in the world. "Here," he handed me a set of clothing, "you know where the shower is," he plopped himself on the couch. I reluctantly left the kitten with Yongguk in the living room and headed into the bathroom for another shower in the same bathroom from this morning. 

======================================

I slipped on the long sleeve Yongguk had included in his care package after the hot shower to warm myself up from running in the rain. "What did you do to her?" I couldn't contain my laughter. "She had some dirt on her head but she was moving too much and I ended up getting all the water on her," he explained as if a mother was demanding for an explanation. "She looks like a giant fur ball," I laughed at him and tried to dry her off with the towel and proceeding  rewrap her bandages. "Pabo," I muttered. "Who? me or him?" he aksed like a lost kid. "You! and she's a girl!" I scolded him. "Sorrrry," he said sarcastically and laid back on the couch. 

"I'm hungry," he rubbed his stomach and complained. "Do you have food in the refrigerator?" I asked. "Yeah but the maid probably won't be coming because of the heavy thunderstorm," he looked out the window. "Well, I can make something," I looked at him for an answer. "Feel free," he pointed at his kitchen. 

I proceeded to hunt around his kitchen and in his refrigerator, he had all these good and expensive ingredients, yet he doesn't know how to cook. 

(Yongguk's POV) 

The bruises she gave me from falling on top of me made my body sore for the rest of the day. I lifted my shirt up and the black and blue had already started to appear, I the TV to pass time but only gave myself a heart attack. "Umma!" I yelled startled. "What son? I was just about to call you, is that a kitten you have there?" she inched her face closer to the screen as if it was going to help her see better. "Dinner is ready," Seulrin came into the living room and set the first plate of food down. "Is this Park Seulrin? The girl from last night?" umma questioned with an amused expression. "Mrs. Bang! Anyeonghasayo," Seulrin tried to keep a not surprised expression which caused me to stiffle a laughter because she was just way too cute. "Anyeong Seulrin-shii," umma smiled. "Don't you have things to do umma?" I tried to end the conversation as fast as I could. "I do but I just called to check up on you, I heard there was a hurricane heading your way, I'll be back in Seoul as soon as they let the planes fly. Well, I will let you two go, it was nice talking to you again Seulrin-shii, feel free to call me anytime if my son bullies you, Ciao!" umma waved and the screen went blank and then to some random channel on the TV. "Umm, I'll go ask my neighbor for some cat food," I headed out of my front door. I've never been this nerve-wracking around a girl, more importantly, I just met her. 

======================================

(Seulrin's POV) 

"I don't think she likes you very much," I thought I was imagining things when I saw the little kitty push the small bowl of food in my direction and then proceeded to eat peacefully. "Che," Yongguk glared cutely before resuming to eat the food I cooked. "How is it?" I poked at him, this was the first time I got to cook for someone, I didn't even care if he was a jerk or not. "Say it," I glared. "Fine, it's good," he gave up. "Yes~!" I said happily. "You're such an idiot," he laughed. "Sure, because I'm the one who doesn't know how cook but I had a load of ingredients in my refrigerator," I rolled my eyes. "Yah," he head locked me. "I'm going to call your umma!" I threatened while reaching for the control that was very closeby. He let me go when the weather came on about the incoming hurricane, and the nasty weather conditions we were suppose to be getting for a few days. 

"You do the dishes," I even handed him kitten's little bowl. "I'm injured," he lifted up his shirt to show me the bruises. "How will that affect you in washing the dishes?" I grabbed the nearby pillow. "Because you hurt me, like this morning," he pretended to sound hurt. "I cooked," I wacked the pillow at him and he started to tickle me. "Stop! Stop!" I couldn't stop laughing. "Go wash the dishes!" I managed to say in between my laughs. 

The power outage was the only thing that stopped the whole tickling situation. "Stay here," he demanded as the thunder started to rumble across the sky. A few minutes later, he came back with a flash light and ordered me to hold it while he washed the dishes, and the kitten followed me wherever I went. "I think I'm going to name her Gaeul," I suggested. "Why autumn?" he asked. "Because it's getting cold which means it would start snowing soon,"  I explained. "It's too cold, what about Bomi?" he continued to wash the dishes as I stood next to him with the flashlight pointed at him. "I don't like the spring, everybody gets allergies," I ranted. "Bomi sounds prettier for a girl," he argued. "She likes me more then she likes you," I pointed at Gaeul who was currently sitting as close as she can to my leg. "Araso pabo," he said casually. "My name is Seulrin, Paaaaaaark Seulrrrrrrrrinnnnn," I said to him as if he couldn't understand me. "You little brat," he flicked water in my direction and yelped. "We can stand in the kitchen all night," I glared at him but he probably couldn't see me in the dark. "Stop nagging me like my old women," he joked. "Bali! Bali!" I rushed him jokingly with a smile. 

It was that moment that made me forget what happened this morning, the same moment that made me want to be affiliated with him in any possible way. 

        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 

A/N: Thank you for subscribing & commenting  ^ ^!! I hope I'm not disappointing anyone~