Chapter 19

The Red String of Fate

"Where do you think you are going?" she snapped. "Seulrin is in the hospital, I need to go," I tried to walk past her but she slammed the door shut. "You are not going anywhere, especially nowhere near Seulrin or her family, this is over, I went easy on you hoping you would learn something but this is it, your marriage with Dasom will go as planned," she couldn't look me in the eye. "Why? Why is this marriage so important to you? Why do I have to give up my entire life for you?" I was so eager to find out the answers that I just said whatever was on my mind. "Your father screwed us over! I'm in my last stages of a brain tumor, I can't leave you in this world without anything," she broke down. "What are you talking about?" for a second I thought my heart stopped beating, "why didn't you tell me...." I cried. "I'm sorry umma, I'm sorry," I hugged her tightly. My world was torn and I didn't know what to do.

=====================================================

(Minho's POV)

"I'm only giving you three days, you better wake up by then," I threatened, holding her hand as she laid there on the bed in a coma. The surgery was completed successfully, she had a slight concussion which would last about 3 days and afterwards, waking up was entirely on her strength and will to continue living. "I forgot to tell you, today at work when I handed out the invitations to our wedding, everyone complimented on how beautiful you were and couldn't wait to see you in person, I'm quite jealous of you Mrs Lee, my employees are more excited to meet you then come to work," I continued to talk to her as the doctor said it would work if people close to her speak to her often, it would help her get out of the coma.

I fall asleep and wake up, fall asleep, and then wake up to check up on Seulrin, her vital signs were good but she was still fast asleep in the coma. I pushed some strands of her out of her face, admiring her natural beauty, only now it was covered with scratches and some bruises that were starting to form. "I love you Seulrin, more then anything in the world," I kissed the top of her hand, "you have to wake up," I slid the engagement ring back on her ring finger on her left hand.

(Three Days)

The color of her face had returned back to normal, the blood clot in her head had miraculously dissolved but she was still in a deep sleep. "Mrs Lazy, I'm going to head home, shower and head to the company to grab my paper work and then come back, I miss you a lot," I kissed her on the forehead and left the hospital room.

(Yongguk's POV)

When I closed my eyes, all I see is Seulrin.

When I open my eyes, all I can think about was Seulrin.

I had moved back to my home with umma and Dasom, I was either at the company with umma or handling any extra details about the wedding with Dasom. I felt so hopeless, so powerless, Seulrin is still in the hospital and I don't know a thing about how she was doing. Because of umma, I pretended I never picked up the phone call from Dasom, because of umma, I agreed to be a filial son, because of umma, I'm giving up Seulrin.

"Jagiya, what do you think about this place?" she flipped through the wedding magazine. "I'm fine with anything, you and umma can decide for me," I busied myself with the company document on purpose, not wanting to deal with these things personally. "You're the best!" she kissed me on the cheek and then walked out of my office. Finally some peace and quiet.

I randomly opened a folder that had the most randomest name in the world: Flowers.

I had the biggest shock when a picture of Seulrin smiling like an idiot came on to the screen

"Open the saved document in your email pabo."  It was writting on the picture by her handwriting.

I did as she told on the picture and inside the saved folder in my email was a short letter from her to me from a few months ago.

You're probably never going to open this because you never use your laptop. I love you pabo, funny huh? Remember our first meeting? When I spilled coffee all over your expensive suit and your literally forced me to be your date. I bet you are cursing me out right now for reminding you this memory ;) Anyways, I hope you love my face on your laptop! See you tomorrow pabo <3

              -Rinnie

"Pabo," I chuckled.

(Minho's POV)

My original decision was to stay at the company for one or two hours, but I couldn't stay away from Seulrin, so I ended up packing my work and continuing it at the hospital. I busied myself with company documents and finishing the final planning stages for the honeymoon I was so excited to surprise her with. Everything was set and ready, all that was missing right now was the bride.