Epilogue 1

The Red String of Fate

 

Hot. 
 
They were my first thoughts when I slowly gained consciousness from my sleep. Legs and blankets were all over the place and something big was sleeping my arm. My eyes fluttered open fully and met head on with Dongjun's big head and Yongguk's arm draped over the both of us protectively. 
 
No wonder it was so hot. 
 
I crawled out of bed as slow as possible to not wake them up. I decided to give them a little more time to sleep so I went and did my normal wake up routine. When I came back into the room again, I had the urge to just take a picture of the scene before my eyes. The blanket was on the floor , Dongjun had switched position and Yongguk's stomach was his pillow. "Dongjun," I whispered and shook him awake gently. "Time to get up for school," I picked him up. "Umma," he half greeted and half yawned. "Go brush your stinky teeth and get changed," I set him on the toilet. 
 
Little baby checked. 
 
Now it was time for the big one. 
 
"Gukkie," I climbed back into bed. Without another word, he opened his arms and pulled me into his chest and continued to go back to sleep. "Yah, you have work today," I tried to pry myself out of his grip but I didn't move him one bit. "One of the advantages of having your own business is being able to go to work anytime you want," he muttered. " Araso, go and be fat, Grandpa Guk," I had no choice but to relax, Yongguk liked a challenge and the more fight I put up with the more he wouldn't let me go. "Grandpa Guk?" he gave an amused expression. "Yeah," I answered casually. "If I'm Grandpa Guk, that makes you Grandma Rin," he started tickling my sides and I laughed bloody mary. "Stop!" I said in between my laughs and he eventually stopped but did not get off of me. He leaned down for a kiss and it soon became a heated make out session.  
 
"UMMA! I CAN'T FIND THE OTHER UNIFORM!" Dongjun's wide awake voice yelled from the hallway. I mouthed a quick sorry to Yongguk and got out of bed. "It's right here," I picked up the smaller dress shirt on top of his dad's and exited the room. After I fixed him up and he was ready to head to school, Yongguk came downstairs dressed in casual clothing. "Time to go little man," Yongguk swooped him right up. "Hey, you forgot something," I pointed at my cheek. Yongguk gave Dongjun a wink and they each took one side of my cheek. "Bye umma!" and Yongguk was out the door with Dongjun. 
 
Now that both men were out of the house, I finally had some peace and quiet for a short time period before Yongguk comes back from taking Dongjun to school. It has been a couple of months since we got back together and ever since then I was a bored stay at home mother because Yongguk wouldn't let me work. We weren't officially married but Dongjun was his kid and Yongguk wouldn't take crap from anyone who dared to say anything about me or Dongjun. "Yongguk?" I heard him talking on the phone and I got down the stairs in time to see him coming into the house on the phone with an angry expression. "I'm going to come in right now," he hung up angrily but softened his expression when he saw me standing by the stairs. "Is everything okay?" 
 
"No, someone at the company screwed up the contract meeting with the company in China, I'm going to have to fly to China tonight, do you think you'll be okay with me gone for a few days?" he walked up to me on the stairs. "I'll be fine, don't worry about us," I reasured him, "I'll help you pack, go change," I pushed him playfully up the stairs. "I'm just happy I get to keep you all to myself," his voice came from the walk-in closet. "You are going to be late Hwe Jang Nim (Boss, the one in charge of the entire company) and I don't want to be the cause of it," I buttoned his shirt for him and wrapped the selected tie around his neck. "Well Bang Seulrin, take care these few days and call Daehyun if you need anything, I'll be back as soon as I finish everything," he pulled me against him and gave me a long kiss until a phone call cut us short. 
 
===========================
 
"Umma!" Dongjun came running out of the school excitedly carrying something in his hand. "Come on, it's really hot," I picked him up to sit him in the back seat of the car, his bangs clung to his forehead as if he had been running around in this heat. We stopped by the ice cream parlor before heading home and I kept getting the feeling that we were being followed but each time I turned around, nobody suspsious was following us. 
 
Maybe I'm just a little nervous because this is the first time Dongjun and I would be alone after being with Yongguk again, and there are some people out there that aren't really happy with the way his company is successfully taking over parts of South Korea. 
 
"Where's appa?" Dongjun was walking around the entire house. "He's on a business trip, he will be back in a few days," I picked up his toys and moved it to the side of the room, "help me clean up your toys, it's everywhere". "Araso," he said dejected. "He'll be back in a few days, and we'll make him a big dinner together when he comes back, alright?" I gave him a reassuring smile. "Okay! I want to make the dessert!" he jumped excitedly. "Help me clean up first," I laughed, "and then we will go grocery shopping tomorrow". 
 
(Yongguk's POV) 
 
I haven't been this aggravated and stressed out in a while. I threw the fake documents across the room, "I want that little bastard out of my company and out of this country!" I yelled angrily. "Yes, Hwe Jang Nim," Jin, my right hand man exited my hotel room, and it was then when I could only relax myself. I went through my bag and a dorky picture of Seulrin and Dongjun fell out. I really needed to get this done and fly back home. I took a quick shower and my laptop. Before I could even hit the call button, Seulrin's name appeared and I hit accept. 
 
"APPPPA!! Dongjun jumped up and down on the bed. "Don't hurt yourself! Stop!" I laughed. "When are you coming home? Umma and I miss you," he sat down at my words. "I'll be home as soon as I can, where's umma?" "Right here," Seulrin came into view with a smile and a towel drying her hair. "Did you shower yet stinky?" I pinched my nose to tease Dongjun. "I showered! I'm not stinky!" Dongjun pouted angrily. "I'm just playing," I laughed.
 
A loud bang and Seulrin's horrid expression made my heart drop, "umma, what was that?" Dongjun held on to his mother's sleeve tightly. "Stay here and don't move," Seulrin started to get up from the bed. "Seulrin, lock the door and call the police!" I could feel the color drain from my face. "SIT DOWN!" a man's voice yelled followed by a gun shot to the wall next to Seulrin and Dongjun. Seulrin grabbed on to Dongjun and he hid his face into his mother's arm crying.
 
. I dialed Daehyun's phone and his sleepy voice picked up. "Daehyun! Someone is in my house with a gun, call the police!" my eyes were glued to the screen. "Got it," Daehyun hung up at the same time the screen went dead.