Chapter 23

The Red String of Fate

 

A/N: I lied XD This is the last chapter, I'm sorry, please don't murder me  T-T
 
*SEVERAL YEARS HAVE PASSED* 
 
"UMMA! HURRY UP!" Dongjun, the black-haired little boy with chubby cheeks was yelling on the top of his lungs for me to hurry up. It was Children's Day in Seoul and the park was filled with so many hyperactive little kids running around. Dongjun has been excited since day 1 when he got off the plane after an 18 hour flight, and boy was he active for the next few days. Dongjun was the younger resemblance of his father and sometimes the way Dongjun acts reminded me so much of him. "I want ice cream!" he pointed at the big stand in the middle of the park with the longest line. "Come on Junnie," I called him by the name he hated to be called in public. "Umma!" he puffed up his cheeks and glared at me. "Araso Dongjun," I laughed and held his hand as we got in line for some ice cream. 
 
(Yongguk's POV) 
 
Children's day was one of the major events that my company handled, every year we held a big festival/event in the park and over thousands of people attend each year. This year I decided to personally go and handle everything with my planning team. Kids were running everywhere with the biggest smiles on their face and parents were laughing as if nothing else in the world mattered. "Looking good CEO-nim," Daehyun teased. "Not really a good idea to come to these kind of events in a suit," I contemplated. I already took off my suit jacket and tie but it just doesn't work in these kinds of hot but still kind of breezy weather. 
 
"Yah! Bang Dongjun! Watch where you are going!" a voice caught my attention and then seconds later, a kid ran right into me, getting ice cream on my black slacks. The kid instantly froze up and looked at me as if I was going to yell at him. "I'm really sorry, this is my fault," the young women who I assumed was the mother kept herself at a 90 degree bow that I couldn't get a good glimpse at her. "Park Seulrin?" the name rolled off my tongue easily. "Yongguk?" she stared back at me with those big brown eyes of her. 
 
(Seulrin's POV) 
 
My heart really did skip a beat when I heard Yongguk's voice say my name. "It really is you," he laughed, "all these years and you haven't changed one bit," his last sentence had a more teasing edge to it. "You haven't either," I lied. He has definitely changed but in a very good way, there was a different aura surrounding him, he looked more mature then before but he was still as good looking as ever. "You have ice cream all over your face," I watched as Yongguk bent down to Dongjun's level and he motioned for me to give him the napkins. He was so gentle with Dongjun that I wanted to explode in happiness, forgetting the fact that Dongjun was his and Yongguk doesn't know about it. "Umma, who is this man? He looks scary," Dongjun hid behind me hugging on to my leg tightly. "Dongjun! Apologize right now, he's is umma's friend," I scolded.  "Sorry," Dongjun quickly apologized. "Do you want to try the boat racing game?" Yongguk pointed at the group of kids with controls in their hand. "Yeah! Umma pleaseeeeee??" he begged completely forgetting the comment he just said towards Yongguk. "Go ahead," I gave Dongjun and Yongguk permission. "Come on!" Dongjun literally grabbed Yongguk's hand and pulled him along. "Don't regret it," I laughed.  
 
I sat on the grass  farther behind from where they were observing them play like little kids. "He's hyung's kid isn't he?" a hand extended a bottle of water out to me. "Daehyun!"  I was surprised to see him. "You might make hyung jealous if you are that excited to see me," he laughed. "He can deal with it," I prayed that he wouldn't bring up the kid topic again. "Don't you think you should let him know?" Daehyun sat down beside me, "he has a right you know". "How are you so sure that Dongjun is his?" I was curious to see why he kept pushing at this. "Because Dongjun looks exactly like Yongguk when he was a kid, being friends with hyung sine childhood has it perks,"he winked and shut up when Dongjun and Yongguk came walking towards us. "I lost," Dongjun pouted. "I'll take you out to eat at your favorite restaurant alright?" I wiped the sweat off his little forehead. "I want Yongguk hyung to come along!" out of nowhere he plopped himself right between us, grabbing a hold of both of our arms. "You have been extremely rude the entire day Dongjun," I frowned at his behavior. "If your mother doesn't mind, I'll be happy to come with you," both of them completely ignored me giving Daehyun a reason to laugh. 
 
=====================================
 
After watching the fireworks at the park, the three of us walked to the restaurant, and Daehyun made up some obvious lie to leave the three of us alone, after all these years, he still at lying. "It's closed already," the owners of the shop had left a paper taped on their entrance door saying they won't be opening because of Children's Day with their children. "Mwo ya?!" Dongjun yelled in his little voice. "Bang Dongjun!" my jaw almost dropped to the ground at his curse word. "Bang Dongjun?" Yongguk froze up. 
 
That was how Dongjun and I ended up at Yongguk's penthouse with Dongjun glued to the TV in the living room, and Yongguk and I was in his study. "Were you ever going to tell me?" he loosened his tie frustratedly. This wasn't the way I wanted to find out. 
 
"What happened?" he asked when I couldn't find the right words to say to him. 
 
(Flashback) 
 
"I want to annul the marriage," Minho's words was like a reality slap to the face. "What are you talking about?" we shut up when Dongjun came running into the room asking to go out to play soccer. "In a bit araso?" Minho patted him in the head and Dongjun went about with his toys in the living room. "I can see it Seulrin, even though you aren't telling me things, I can tell how much you aren't happy here, Dongjun looks exactly like him," Minho did not raise his voice like I expected him to have done. "You don't have to worry about the company, I'll have a cover story made up," he continued. "Don't I get to have a say in this?" I don't know whether I should be happy or not. 
 
(Minho's POV) 
 
"No you don't because you never tell me what you really want," I forced myself to give a small laugh. "Take care of yourself alright," I made the first move to kiss her one last time and she didn't back away. When you love someone so much and their heart isn't with you, you let them go. 
 
(End of Flashback & back to Seulrin's POV) 
 
I told him what happened. 
 
"I was blindly coming back here not even thinking if you already have a family of your own and I wouldn't dare want to ruin it for you," I honestly told him. "Do you know how much I missed you?" he pulled me into his arms out of nowhere. "I was so desperate after I found out you had left for good, I didn't know what to do," his words were making the tears form at my eyes. 
 
"Umma?" 
 
I quickly wiped the tears away with the sleeve of my cardigan. "Dongjun, in here," I pulled away from Yongguk. "Umma, I'm sleepy," he rubbed his eyes helplessly. "Why don't you stay the night? It's really late," Yongguk suggested. "Yeah umma, please?  he begged and I found myself unable to refuse Dongjun. "Just for today," I sighed with a smile. "I'll tell you a bed time story," Yongguk said excitedly, swooping Dongjun into his arm and pulling me with his other hand. 
 
It is of legend that two people are connected with a single red thread are destined lovers. The thread might stretch and tangle but it will never break no matter how much time has gone by. 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dear Subbies, 

    This marks the end of the first story I started and finished T^T Thank you for staying with me to the end, you guys kept me going with your always fun to read commets even when I ran out of ideas. I don't know how many times I'm going to thank you guys LOL but I realy mean it from the bottom of my heart because completing a story is actually difficult for me xD. I have some new stories rolling in if you guys are interested! It's just a click away~~