Chapter 17

The Red String of Fate

I was warmer then usual and this warmness had woken me up from my nice sleep. Yongguk was fast asleep beside me with one arm over my stomach and our legs were a tangled mess, no wonder I was so warm under these thick blankets. I turned my head to the side to get a better look at him and the tip of our noses touched slightly. He looked so peaceful and my heart felt so content seeing him like this that I forgot I was a engaged women. I traced my fingers from his cheek to his collarbone lightly and he stirred in his sleep, I quickly closed my eyes. His movements became bigger indicating that he in the process of waking up from his hibernation and I stayed as still as I could so he wouldn't suspect me being awake. "I know you are awake," I could hear the smile in his voice. I relaxed myself so I wouldn't lose control and bursts out laughing. He left a trail of kisses from my ear all the way to my chest and I giggled, "I get it, I lose," I opened my eyes and he pulled me into an already too warm embrace. "What can I do to make you stay with me forever," he stated more then he asked, all I did was stay quiet and held him tighter.

He fell asleep again after a while, he was probably really exhausted from yesterday and all that I have put him through. I really needed to step a way for a bit, even if it was just a day or even a few hours. I took a cab home and luckily Minho was already at work, I wasn't ready to face him just yet.

Rinnie,

come back soon

  I ripped another sticky note and left him a quick message.

I'll be back tomorrow, visiting grandma in the country side.

   -Rinnie

"Seulrin, are you home?" umma's voice came from down the hallway. "What are you doing here so early umma?" I pushed my bag to the side but she had already noticed and frowned at me. "I called you several times, where have you been?" we sat down on the tall chairs  in front of my counter. "I slept over a friends house, I guess I left my phone there," I lied as best as I could. "Stop lying, I just saw you leaving that young man's apartment, the one that rudely introduced himself," she frowned. "Umma, I can't do this anymore, I'm marrying a man that has no place in my heart and I don't even know why!" I finally let my frusturation come out. "Honey, I don't know how much I can say sorry to pay you back, if I could take everything back I would," she gripped my hand. "Why? Why is this all happening?" I backed away. She took a deep breath before she started as if she had been holding on to a big secret for my entire life. 

"Your grandparents and Yongguk's grandparents were business partners, at that time your father and I, including Yongguk's parents were just starting to take over the company, and then we had you and they had Yongguk. A wedding arrangement had been set by both of your grandparents, the reason why it was set up is unknown and we will never know why but a few years into the partnership, something went wrong and everything turned sour, including our relationship with the Bang family. The wedding arrangement was called off and we had one created for Minho. Minho and his family helped us more then you will ever know and you and Minho were so close with each other, you two were practically insperable."

"Are you kidding me?" I laughed. "I'm so sick of this!"

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," she broke down and wanted to pull me into her arms. "Don't touch me!" I almost shrieked, my tears making my vision somewhat blurry. I grabbed my car keys and left the house. I needed to...wanted to be far away from everyone.