Chapter 12

The Red String of Fate

I checked my appreance in the mirror probably over a hundred times to make sure I looked alright to meet my parents after not seeing them for almost the entire half of the year. Umma would never approve of the clothing I wear normally so I had to change into a classy cream colored dress with a black belt. Ugh, I look so old wearing these dresses. 

Luckily, the bus wasn't so crowded so I was able to ride in peace without being squished. "Umma, appa," I walked over to their table near the window that showed a wonderful view of Seoul. "You look stunning sweetheart," umma hugged me tightly. "How have you been living here?" appa asked as soon as I sat down. "It's been great, I like the atmosphere of the schools here rather then the ones in America," I told them honestly. "What brought you guys back to Seoul on such notice?" I took a seat across from my parents. "The company have been doing well and we thought we would take a break and go on vacation to come and see our beautiful daughter," umma smiled. "Could you really just leave the company like that?" I eyed them curiously "We can't hide anything from our daughter can we?" appa said amused. "Minho is here isn't he?" I felt a little dejected. "The negotiations are over, because of the arrangements made since both yours and his birth, the arranged marriage is going to proceed as normal," Grandfather's powerful voice echoed from behind. "Grandfather," I murmured standing up and greeted him. "Seulrin," he greeted without a smile. "Where is Minho?" umma asked. "Speak of the devil," Grandfather smiled as Minho approached us. "Harabuji, ummo-nim, abeouji, Seulrin," he pulled me into a hug. I felt so powerless under Grandfather's gaze and order. When he talked, it was as if he ran an iron fist in the family. 

"Seulrin?" I pulled out from Minho's arms to see Yongguk standing there in a sharp suit. "Yong, your mother is waiting for us, the wedding instructor is going to be here soon," the girl from earlier came from behind and when she saw me, she purposely clung onto his arm. "What is going on?" Yongguk's umma angry voice approached us. "Well, well, well, if it isn't my former business partners," she said with a bitter sweet tone. 

==================================

"We need to talk," Yongguk pulled me to the side. "Yes we do," I hissed. Grandfather's loud order made up both look back to the table where Yongguk's umma, my parents and my grandfather were talking, and from the looks of it, it didn't look so well. "Yongguk!!" the girl whined. He completely ignored her and pulled me towards the table. "It's either now or never," Park Seulrin is my girlfriend," Yongguk announced and then roughly pulled me into a possessive kiss in front of everybody. "Bang Yongguk!" I pulled away and slapped him across the face. The tears streamed down my face, I can't believe I just slapped him. I ran out of the hotel. Why? Everything was going so well just recently. 

(Yongguk's POV) 

"Does it hurt?" Dasom tried to touch my cheek but I backed away. "Bang Yongguk, what do you see in that trash? She practically lied and cheated on you!" she huffed angrily. "She's something you will never be, I guess you can call me a liar and a cheater too," I walked out of my study in my birth home. All I wanted right now was to find her and be with her. 

(Seulrin's POV) 

I spent most of the evening at the park in front of the river. I leaned on the tree taking in the fresh air. Himchan's words repeated in my head over and over again. 

"You mean Lee Dasom?" Himchan looked shocked. 

"She has dark brown hair up to her shoulders, baby face," I described. 

"Yeah, that's Lee Dasom, she's hyung's fiancee," Himchan said casually. 

"Hyung!!" Daehyun wacked him in the head. 

I stayed till the the light/water show was over and slowly walked my way back to the apartment. When I almost got to the apartment, Minhee called. 

M: Seulrin where are you? Is everything okay? 

S: Oh unnie, when did you get back? I'm getting ready to get into the elevator, I'll talk to you when I get up there. 

M: Araso. 

It really took me by surprise when Yongguk was the one who opened the door. "Y-Yongguk?" he pulled me into the apartment when I didn't make any move to go into the apartment. He pulled me onto the balcony, "we need to talk," he wouldn't let go of my hand. "Lee Dasom is your fiancee," I finished for him. "She's not- wait, how did you know?" he was more interested in me knowing how I knew. "Himchan," I confessed. "She's not my fiancee, I have no interest in her nor do I have any feelings for her," he said so quickly as if I was going to disappear in a second. "I love you only," he stood behind me and wrapped his arms around me. "Funny huh, we've only dated for a month and yet so many things are happening to keep us apart but I still feel like you're perfect," he chuckled. "But I am an engaged women, an arranged marriage since birth," it pained me to even say it out loud. " I don't care," he nuzzled my hair. "I guess this is what you call fate," he muttered as if his mind was far away from him. "Do you believe in those kind of things?" I asked amused. "After meeting you, I'll believe in anything," he turned me around and kissed me. "You're so corny!" I laughed. "Bwoh? I thought you girls love these kinds of things," he gave me his famous boy grin. "I'm not a hearts and flowers kind of girl all the time,"  I pulled his collar to pull him closer to me teasingly. "Is that an invitation?" he smirked. "No!" I ran off laughing.

This is where my happiness truly lies. 

==================================

"I think it's going to be hard for us to see each other from now on," we sat at my kitchen table to eat the breakfast we made together. "Nothing is going to stop me," he said determined. "Even if my grandfather wants to skin you alive? or if he sends me away to some faraway foreign country?" my heart felt so much joy. "Even if I have to up on my life," he blurted out and I kicked him. "Yah, I don't want to hear these kinds of things," I glared. "Araso, my evil girlfriend," he teased. "No breakfast for you," I took his plate of eggs and sasuages swiftly. "Hmmmm, I'll have you for breakfast then," he smirked and picked me right up. "Bang Yongguk! Put me down!" I tried to sound angry but it wasn't working so well. He plopped me right down on my bed, "jerk," I pouted. The phone on my stand started to ring, harabuji was written on the screen. "I'm sorry," he got off me and I went to pick up my phone. 

Oh boy, the war is just getting started. 

 

A/N: I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas and is ready for the new year >:D  but sadly this marks the end of winter break T^T