Chapter 14

The Red String of Fate

"Do I want to know why you are here?" I looked at Yongguk then at the surrounding areas filled with clubs and bars. "Uhhhh... I got nothing, you caught me," he put up his hands in defeat. I turned around to walk the other way, angry with him and angry with myself. "Hey, hey," he caught up and grabbed a hold of my hand gently, "I'm sorry Seulrin, I've been doing this for so long it's became...a habit that I don't even notice, I'm sorry, I don't want you angry at me, I promise I'll stop," and I stopped my legs. "If you ever have something on your mind, would you please talk to me?" I pleaded him. "Araso, if I were to ever pick up another alcoholic drink to get myself drunk, Park Seulrin can have my head literally," he held up his hand as if he was making a declaration. I couldn't help but laugh at his expression, "now that's the girl I fell in love with," he tipped my chin up a little and planted a soft kiss on my lips.

We walked around the town, stopping here and there to do whatever to spend time together. "Stay right here a moment," he pointed at the bench and I did as he told. A few minutes later, a hand stuck out beside me holding on to a casual looking silver ring, and I looked up at him confused. "You are not allowed to take this off until you don't want me anymore," he slipped the ring on to my ring finger on my left hand and lifted his hand up to show me his matching ring. "Then I guess my finger will be getting those lovely ring markings because I don't plan on taking it off anytime soon," I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and could feel him smiling. My smile never ceased to stop after heading home that night.

============================================

These few days have been busy even though I didn't want it to be busy this way. Harabuji has kept me busy with doing all sorts of stuff purposely so I wouldn't have time to go out by myself because apprently whenever I went out alone, I went to go see Yongguk and honestly I haven't seen him in a few weeks. It started with a phone call every day and messages but it gradually decreased to the point I almost had the idea of giving up. He's been busy in dealing with his umma, I keep telling myself but it just doesn't seem so convincing. I miss him terribly, I would of never thought falling in love with someone could be his hard and full of problems.

"They opened up harabuji's favorite watch store up ahead, we should go pick something for tonight's early birthday celebration," Minho squeezed my hand gently. "Sure, but do you know which brand he likes? I'm not familiar with watches," I managed to sound interested but a set of voices caught my attention. "Oppa! Dasom accused with a laughing voice. "My place tonight," Yongguk said teasingly.

He walked past us, sharing a mili-second of eye contact, he made no move, not even the slightest hint that he was going to stop and greet me. Just a couple of months ago he pulled me up to our family members and declared that I was his girlfriend with a kiss and now I was a complete stranger to him. I kept my eyes forward, walking into the store with Minho, trying to hold my tears in. Calm down, it was just one small thing, I shouldn't worry about this, today is harabuji's early birthday celebration, get yourself together Park Seulrin!

"You look absolutely stunning!" I had given up on getting ready and gave myself to my umma to play dress up. She put me in a cream colored cocktail dress with one thickish strap that connects from the middle of the dress over my shoulders with a silver glittered flower design pin. "Thank you God for blessing me with such a beautiful daughter," she exclaimed a little too excitedly. "Sometimes I wonder who is the younger one around here," I teased. "There's the two beautiful women in my life," appa came into the living room with Minho. "You look breathtaking," Minho whispered to me when my parents walked out the door before us. "You don't look so bad yourself," he was in a nice suit that really brought out his young CEO demeanor.

By the time we picked up the present and headed for the restaurant. "Happy Birthday Harabuji," Minho and I hugged him and handed him the gift. "You didn't have too," he looked almost tearful to hold on to the gift box. "Just open it," I rolled my eyes playfully.

(Yongguk's POV)

I almost frozed up when I saw Seulrin a few tables away from me, she was so different, so beautiful, and so out of my reach. I thought over and over again about what umma said, it was better off this way, Seulrin and I apart. I almost felt myself fall apart when she kissed him on the cheek and then he said something to her that made her laugh the laugh that I had fell in love with. Dasom and umma came in right when my thoughts were getting a little too deep, do I really want to give up on her?