Chapter 5

The Red String of Fate

"You're too slow for me," I smiled at him breathless. "I didn't even try," he grumbled and started his car. "It's so dull in here, you need some car perfume," I looked around the car and realized it was all just black leather, the typical male car. The drive back to my apartment felt really short because my mind was in a deep battle with the words ummo-nim shared with me earlier. "Hello? Are you okay?"  he was waving his hand in front of me. "Oh, sorry, lost in thought," I laughed. "You should go to bed early then, you look tired," he said with concern. "Since when do you care?" I didn't sit around to wait for his answer and got out of his car. "Wait, Seulrin!" he hurriedly got out of the car and grabbed me by the arm in a gently way. "Today, tomorrow, the following day, will all just be the same," I said to him, I don't even know what had got to me but I pulled away. Park Seulrin, you must distance yourself away from him, today, tomorrow, for the rest of your life, if you have too.

==============================

The next day Minhee didn't ask me anything about her savior, she must of sensed the negative vibe the second I stepped through the door last night. "Don't be late for work today!" she chirped before she left. I was so lazy today that I didn't want to do anything but be a potato couch all day, watching movies and eating junk food, it was just one of those days. I started to get myself ready for work a little after Minhee left, sometimes I don't understand why that girl leaves to early for work when we both shared the same shift in the same bar. I'm not proud of where I work but I needed the money, to show that I can do well by myself rather then leaning for support. Foolish. That was what my mother said to me each time I wanted to prove her wrong. 

I got to the bar right in time to see a small scene unfolding. "It's Minhyuk," Minhee scurried over to me while trying to hide herself. "Go in and help the other girls, I'll handle this table," I ordered her to leave the main room. I put on a smile and walked towards Minhyuk, " what can I get you for a starter?" I got my little notepad ready. "Hmmm, I never knew you looked this good," he looked at me from head to toe. He's lucky, I'm working right now.

"10 shots of Vodka," he his lips keeping his eyes on me as I walked back to the bartender. "10 Vodka shots," I told our bartender Daehyun. "How are you holding up over there? He specifically wanted to see you," he told me as he worked on the shots. "I'm good, just keep an eye on Minhee," Daehyun was such a cutie at times, he just came back from the States and practically every female that comes in is automatically swooned over by him. When he finished, I bought the tray over and set the ten shots down for Minhyuk and his friends and turned my heels on them. "Your not done here pretty," I turned back around at his words. "I want to play a game with you," he patted at the seat next to him. Tell me again why I worked here? because drinking with the customers was something the waitresses can do if the customer requested.

"If you can drink all ten of these shots, I'll leave Minhee alone and your boss will get a very profitable tip," he whispered to me as he s his arm around my waist, feeling his touch on my stomach. "Minhee's life might kind of depend on it," he motioned with his hand and a few guys near the stools nodded at him and kept a close watch on the working Minhee in the backroom that was visible through the decorated glass. I picked up the first shot and gulped it down. After the fifth one, the room started to spin, I didn't even know I finished all ten shots till he cheered as if he was for real. 

(Yongguk's POV) 

Why is she so damn hard to read? 

I couldn't understand why her words from yesterday bothered me so much,"Today, tomorrow, the following day, will all just be the same". 

The ringing of my phone startled me and when I saw her name flash on the screen, my heart skipped a beat. "Seulrin, we need to talk," I quickly said before I was too nervous to the point I wouldn't even bring it up. "This is Minhee her friend, Seulrin is in trouble right now and I don't know who to look for," I could hear club music  playing in the background. "Where are you right now?" I already raced out of the door with my keys. "The FF Club". 

I raced down the street, "Hyung!" Himchan came out of nowhere. "Can't talk, she's in trouble!" and I ended up in front of the club just in time to see Minhee trying to stop Minhyuk from taking Seulrin into his car. "Well look whose here," Minhyuk grinned. I threw the first punch as Minhee got Seulrin just in time and moved to the side. 

(Minhee's POV) 

"Seulrin, Seulrin," I try to shake some sense back into her but she was way too drunk to even understand where she was. When a guy try to approach us with a broken bottle, I didn't think twice and shielded Seulrin from him but nothing came. "I don't think you want the police on you again Minhyuk," Daehyun was standing in front of us. Yongguk fought an unfair fight and ended up with with bruises on his face and a cut up lip. 

(Yongguk's POV) 

"Daehyun?" I almost had to do a doubletake to make sure it was really him. "Hey Hyung, sorry for not informing you I was back, trying to keep a down low," he laughed nervously. "Even from me huh," I grabbed him into a headlock. "Hyung! I'm still at work," he complained, "and you should take Seulrin and go, Minhyuk will probably come back and  I call the cops," his quick planning never fails to amaze me. "Yeah, thanks, we need to catch up soon," I was happy that was he was back. "Yeah we will," and then he disappeared back inside the club. "Hey are you okay?" I asked Minhee. "I'm fine but she's drunk out of the world," Seulrin was now crying for no apprent reason. "Minhee, come back to work," Daehyun resurfaced from the dark doors. "I'm going to send someone to pick you up and you can come for Seulrin," I encouraged her to go and reluctantly she let go and went back inside. "This pabo," I said to Seulrin and tried to get her on to my back. 

                                                               ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

(Seulrin's POV) 

I woke up to an all too familiar surrounding: bland white room, desk, half empty book shelf and these soft silky bed sheets. This scent... I shot up which was a bad idea because the migrane hit me and I had to sit for a few minutes before I could get up. I was in Yongguk's home again, way to keep that promise to yourself Park Seulrin, stay away my . 

I walked out of his room quietly and into the living room where I found him diligently working on something at the kitchen table with his laptop and his back facing me. "How did I get here?" I almost couldn't recognize my tired quiet voice. "You scared the crap out of me!" he said dramatically. "Am I that ugly when I wake up?" I blurted out. "You were really drunk because of that bastard that threatened your friend," he ignored my stupid question. I looked around and then noticed I was wearing nothing but a giant long sleeve shirt. "Did you change my clothing?"  I felt my cheeks get warmer and warmer. "Yeah, you threw up and it got on you," he returned his attention back to the laptop. I chugged the pillow at him without a second thought, "I was just kidding! Minhee came at the right time and changed you, you were fast asleep and she didn't want to wake you up," he threw the pillow back at me and thats when I noticed the injuries he had on his cheeks. "Could of said so earlier," I mummbled embarassed. I sat down in front of him and noticed the way how sloppily his bandaids were slapped on. "Where's the first aid kit?" I asked casually. "Right behind you," he said without looking up at me. I grabbed the metal box and pulled the chair up to him, "look at me," I ordered and he did as I said. I re-cleaned the cut on his lip, the cut on his cheek and then roughly slapped a band aid on his cheek. "What was that for?" he winced in pain. "Nothing," I got up and put the first aid kit back to where I found it. 

 

The ringing of my phone made me head to the living room where my phone was residing. The caller name made me think twice before picking up. 

Umma

===================================

 

Thank you for the comments! You guys make me so happy  ♥^♥. 

Anilove22: You will find out :D but I can't guarantee it would be any time soon though.