Chapter 22

The Red String of Fate

 

Last chapter D: ! 
 
 
 
Time stopped all over again. 
 
My breathing hitched and I couldn't grasp onto what just happened. "Call the ambulance!" yells and screams were all over the place. Reality didn't hit me till I arrived at the hospital with harabuji, he was immediately escorted into the emergency surgery room. Minho had to keep a grip on me otherwise I'm pretty sure I would of hit the cold floor. I couldn't cry, I felt like I ran out of tears but my heart couldn't stop beating quickly. You never realize how important someone is until they are about to leave you and I wasn't ready to let harabuji go. "I want to be alone," I pushed myself away to walk away and nobody argued with me. Before I could even walk through the doors, the room started spinning and the last thing I saw was Yongguk. 
 
   (Yongguk's POV) 
 
Seulrin has managed to always give me a heart attack in whatever she does, I caught her just in time before she hit the floor. One of the nearby doctors got a handful of nurses to take her to an examine room. Minho and I stood outside side by side without exchanging a word with each other. For what seemed like eternity, the doctor finally came out followed by the nurses pushing Seulrin on a stretcher to another floor. "She suffered from shock, any later the mother and the baby would have been in danger, she needs to rest to catch up with her body mentally, don't let her receive anymore shock," the doctor gave her quick goodbye leaving us alone again. Baby? She's pregnant? "Do you mind I go see her with you?" I asked, knowing I shouldn't be invading if they didn't want me there. "I don't mind," he said. 
 
"I'll leave you two alone," Minho awkwardly announced when we arrived in front of her room. She was sleeping peacefully but that little furrow in her brows tell a different story. "I don't know what to say to you Seulrin, you're a mother now and you need to know how to take care of yourself more, your grandfather is fighting his war and you need to do the same... aish I never know what to say to you," I ran my hand through my hair frusturatedly. I wanted to give my part of the ring to her, I bought it as a pair and it would only make sense for it to be kept as a pair but I know if I were to give it up, then I'm saying my goodbye to her.
 
Oh, what am I talking about, I already lost her, as of today she is already a married woman. I fished the ring from my pocket and set it on the night stand beside her and exited the room. 
 
(Seulrin's POV) 
 
"How are we- tell her?" I heard bits and pieces of a conversation going on around me. "I'm really sorry," were the last words I heard before I was drowned into the darkness once again. 
 
====================================
 
When I came around again, it was early morning and the sun was already high up in the sky. "Hello," Minho smiled weakly beside me. "Harabuji..." were the first words that came out of my mouth. He didn't even have to tell me and I could see the answer through his change in facial features. My tears threatened to form but I held it back. "I'm really sorry Seulrin," he gripped my hand reassuringly. "I want to leave, I don't want to stay here anymore," I didn't want to stick around in a place where I lost the two people I loved the most. "Go ahead," umma and appa came into the room, "it will be good for you and the child," umma looked so tired. I wanted to run again and this time I didn't want to come back.  
 
As the hours of the day passed on, the sky grew darker and the threatening sound of thunder could be heard in the distance. It had took almost half the day for me to become one hundred percent stable and healthy to be officially discharged from the hospital. Minho and I packed the minute we got home from the hospital, and when I was finally alone in my room, I cried it all out. I found the other half of my ring at the corner of my night stand at the hospital when I was leaving, and now its in the little music box with the other half. 
 
This was his good bye and I have accepted it. 
 
 
====================================
 
It started to drizzle by the time we had to leave for the airport. "Are you ready?" Minho came back into the house with the umbrella opened. "Yeah," I held on to his arm as he lead me out into the pouring rain. 
 
(Yongguk's POV) 
 
I don't want her to go. 
 
I don't know what had gotten to me but when Daehyun called me telling me that Seulrin had checked out of the hospital urgently, and that dreadful thought of her leaving had creeped up on me. I let this one girl corrupt me, and my thoughts were flying back and forth, I need to let her go but I couldn't do it. "Oppa," Dasom's whiney voice came into the living room. I brushed past her, throwing my shoes and jacket on, "where are you going in this weather ?" she stalked after me angrily. "I need to find someone," and I was out the door in seconds, running through the rain with the only intention of wanting to see her.  
 
The car pulled away right in front of me. 
 
"SEULRIN!!" I yelled, using all the strength I had left to chase after the car. "SEULRINNN!" the car picked up pace becoming smaller and smaller in the distance. For the first time, I cried. 
 
(Seulrin's POV) 
 
"Take care of yourself please," umma hugged me so tightly I thought I was going to faint. "Watch her for us, she can get clumsy," appa couldn't hide a smile when he said this to Minho. "Appa!" I glared. "It's the truth," he smiled, his eyes crinkling up at the corner to show his old age. "I want to hear from you everyday," umma demanded worriedly. "Don't worry umma, I'm not going to disappear under your radar, and plus, I have him now," I smiled at Minho. "I'm happy you two are together, harabuji  is very proud of you," umma and appa hugged me one last time. "Ready to go?" Minho held my bag for me. "More then ever," I smiled. 
 
A/N: Ehhhh I don't know about this