Chapter 7

The Red String of Fate

Last nights events were a blur to me when I woke up the next morning. "You were dreaming out loud last night," Minhee came barging into my room when she heard the alarm clock rang. "All I heard was Yongguk Yongguk Yongguk Yongguk," she said in such a dramatic tone that it made me want to hurl myself out the window. "I don't want to hear his name," I cried out loud. "You are in love Seulrin, no matter how much you want to deny him and your feelings," I sat up at her words. "I think you can deal with this later because we are going to be late," she dashed out of my room and I looked at my clock before I started to freak out. 

                                                                ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Yongguk was out of my mind till my classes were over and I ran into him while leaving the campus. "Seulrin, are you free right now?" he asked in which I stupidly responded with a quick nod. When Soojung and her group of friends came out of the dance hall, Yongguk grabbed my hand and pulled to walk beside him closely. The car ride was quick and short, we were parked in front of the Han River near the prettiest bridge in South Korea. The setting sun created a pinkish and purplelish color across the neverending sky. When he didn't say anything, I looked over and saw that he was occupied with the time on his watch. "What are we doing here?" I asked, a small amount of people were gathering. "Just wait," he hushed me. 

For what seemed like an eternity has gone by, even though it was just a minute, the normal lights on the bridge turned into all sorts of colors with water coming down in a small waterfall. It was so breathtakingly beautiful that I could almost forget to breathe, "its so beautiful," I exclaimed happily. Some guy accidentally pushed me but Yongguk caught me in time before I tripped, "I'm really sorry," he apologized formally with his 90 degree bow. "It's alright," I quickly brushed him away before Yongguk decided to be a jerk. When he was about to take his arm off of me, I pulled his hand back and stood with him as we watched the water show from the bridge. I hope this will do all the explaining.

"Thanks for showing me this, I have never actually seen this before," I rubbed my arms to keep myself warm. He sighed and dropped his jacket on me, "can you please wear warmer clothing when you go out?" he scolded more then he asked. "Jerk," I mummbled. "Would you like to say it again?" he instigated. "Bang Yongguk is a jerk face," I enuciated each word and then made a run for it. 

Since the area around the lake was huge, I had plenty of place to run from him. I stopped for a split second to see if he was behind me only to be knocked into a nearby tree. "You can't outrun me Seulrin," he smiled his half smirk half smile bad boy grin, raising both of his hand, and blocking my exit. He leaned closer till our foreheads touched and closed his eyes. He looked so peaceful for that moment, I plucked up my courage and pecked him on the lips. A smile crawled up on his face and he pulled me closer, giving me a full on kiss. "Not fair!" I crossed my arms like a little kid. "Nothing is fair in life," his hand found mine and our fingers interlocked. "I'm hungry," he rubbed his stomach cutely. "Where do you want to go?" I realized I shouldn't have asked him until afterwards. "I want a home cooked meal," he opened the door to his car for me. "You make me speechless," I rolled my eyes.

======================================

Grocery shopping with him was like shopping with a kid, and the cooking part was worse. "You can't cut kimchi like that!" I mentally face palmed myself. "I'm sorry I never cooked before!" he handed me the knife. I couldn't help but giggle at his frusturation, a side I have never seen in him before. I heard him turn the TV on but I felt his arms wrap around my waist. "Go put the rice in the bowls, dinner is almost done," I instructed him to do so and he let me go. "It smells so good," he said excitedly while helping me set the plates of food down on the table in the living room. For the first time in my entire life, I've never felt this happy with someone. 

A/N: This is a short chapter, I'm really sorry. I hope that wasn't too corny XD I thought so hard trying to think of a cute and not so cliche way for him to ask her out && as for them being so close already, well, read the story title :D ! I hope you all have a good night or a good morning!