Chapter 9

The Red String of Fate

"I am sorry, I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Lee Kikwang from Chunhei University. SNU and our school is collaborating for the annual dance competition for all dance majors and the best students were picked to compete. Kahi sunbaenim recommended you to me, would you like to be apart of the competition as my partner?" my soul probably lept into heaven and back down to me. "Yes!" I said excitedly.

"Great! Can we meet today? sunbaenim wants to start as soon as possible"

"Yeah sure" 

"Shakespear's cafe in 20?" he asked. 

"I'll see you there," I realized Yongguk was now listening to me intently. When we hung up, I looked up at Yongguk, "can we cut today short? I'm sorry Yongguk, something came up for my class," I felt bad for needing to go on our first official no rude jerk of a date. "It's fine, let me take you to wherever you need to go," he helped me take off the ice skates. "I'll make it up to you definitely," I pulled his face up gently to look at me. "I'm going to hold your promise to that," his goofy boyish grin came out again. 

The car ride was quick and not as awkward as before, he opened the car door for me and held my hand tightly. "Call me tonight?" he brushed mybangs to the side. "Yes," I couldn't resists his begging expression.He kissed me on the cheek before letting me go. 

The thought of dancing already made me jump with joy on the inside. 

"Seulrin?" a guy around my age stood up. "Kikwang?" 

"That's me," he laughed, his adorable eye smile came right out. "Kahi sunbaenim should be here soon," he informed me. "My two wonderful darlings," sunbaenim startled the both of us. "You should really get the speak of the devil award," I and she wacked me in the head with her "deadly" bag. 

"I'm sensing a couple theme," she looked at me then at Kikwang several times back and forth. "A darkish y couple theme," she said with excitement as if she was the one going to compete. 

Kahi sunbaenim was the most respected dance teacher around this area. She was strict and 100% work when it comes to dancing, but those students close to her could see she is a kind-hearted person and full of humor. "Are you twoo free for the rest of the day?" sunbaenim asked.  

"Yeah" 

"I am too" 

"You want us to start practice thats why you wanted me to bring extra clothing," Kikwang finished off. "I don't have anything with me," I pointed at my small bag. "I'm not that old and fat, you should be able to fit into my spare," and that was how the practice conversation ended. 

(Yongguk's POV) 

Why does it feel so weird? Something was irking me from the inside and I just couldn't grasp on to what it was. Seulrin was acting weird and she didn't even inform me whom she was meeting. No, I sound too controlling. What if she was secretly seeing someone else? my conscious kicked at me. Shut up ! Shut up! Shut up! and my conscious finally shut up.  

I waited and waited for her phone call or text message but nothing came till 2 in the morning when I had started to get drowsy. "hey, you are probably sleeping right now, I'm sorry I couldn't get to you earlier, my phone ran out of battery, I hope you are sleeping well miss you ♥ & dream of me!" I had fallen asleep with the phone to my face after reading the message. 

Well, the next morning was worst. I had accidentally ran into Seulrin with another guy shopping for clubbing clothing. She was talking and laughing with him like they were the real couple. She had called me earlier saying she was busy with school work. Is my eyes playing games with me because this doesn't look like school work to me. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and called her. 

"Seulrin, want to have dinner tonight?" 

"I can't today, I'm going to be busy till late," 

"Araso, take care," I watched her lie in front of my eyes. 

I felt like I was going crazy. "Yah Himchan, club tonight at 10, same place," I hung up just in time to hear a "okay" response.