Chapter 6

The Red String of Fate

"Minhee, you shouldn't work there anymore," I yawned. "Seulrin, I can't just magically find a job you know," she furrowed her brows at me. "I'll find you one, but you have to promise me today is going to be your last day," I held up my pinky. "Yaksuko," she sighed and interlocked her pinky with mine. 

When she left for work, I held my phone in my hand and hesitated. If I don't deal with her now, later is going to be a superstorm. Right when I decided to pull up my courage and call her, HE called me. 

PSR: Yeborsayo 

???: Seulrin, I handled our umma for you, you don't have to call her back if you don't want too. 

PSR: Thanks oppa 

???: When are you coming home? 

PSR: We've been over this before.

???: I really miss you. 

And this was what I wanted to avoid. 

PSR: You know when I'm coming home, I don't want to talk about this anymore. 

???: Just take care of yourself.

PSR: I will and good night. 

???: Good morning to you 

Our conversation ended abruptly, and I threw my phone on to the couch. Why does this have to be so difficult? My thoughts started to go back to Yongguk and all that has happened between us ever since that small incident where I spilled something on his expensive suit and he made me his date. The more I want to avoid him, the more I keep running into him. My life is already diffcult enough, why did you have to come along? I decided to go out and take in some fresh air.

I headed back to the campus to do some work to get my mind off of certain things. "Yah, Park Seulrin!" Jung Soojung yelled. "What do you want?" I turned around to see her annoying face. "I can't believe you are still doing the samething since high school, you're such a ," Soojung marched up to me with her so-called friends behind her. "I don't know what you are talking about," I turned the other way to keep walking but she caught up and stood in my way again. "What the hell is wrong with you?" my anger was rising by the second. "Stay the hell away from Yongguk," she raised her hand to hit me. 

It all happened so quick, one second she was getting ready to hit me, the next second, Yongguk held her hand back and pulled me away. "Oppa!" Soojung was surprised for a second but resumed her angry expression. "Oppa, what is she to you?" she glared at me. "Park Seulrin is my girlfriend," he said sternly. "Bwoh?! Did I just hear right?" she laughed bitterly. Yongguk pulled me closer and kissed me right on the lips. It felt so natural with him that I didn't jerk away. "Was that clear enough?" for once he wasn't his annoying childish, player self. Soojung marched away furiously, leaving us alone. "I-I'm sorry," he avoided eye contact with me. "Why can't you stay away? Just let me make my mistake and learn from it," I had to cut ties with him. I walked off to the studio without giving him a  chance to speak. 

                                                                                         ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I sat on the dance floor drenched in sweat under the dim lights. It has been hour since the incident earlier. I'm so confused. I sighed frusturatedly.

(Yongguk's POV) 

I was too scared to approach Seulrin, what as I even doing? Standing here in the cold waiting for her when she obviously doesn't want anything with me. Why am I so attracted to her? She's so average, not my taste at all, but something keeps pulling me towards her. 

(Seulrin's POV) 

It was late when I decided to leave and had gotten colder. This trip to Korea was suppose to be a happy one but my original intention is slowly disintergrating. I was in the studio for so long that I didn't realize my stomach was grumbling. The smell of noodles reminded me of halemonim's noodle stand and I decided to stop by. After picking up some fresh oranges, I found Halemonim's stand bright and lively. "Halemonim!" I greeted. "Seulrin! Where have you been? Did you forget about me already?" halemonim was still as lively as ever. "How could I ever? I've been too busy with school work," I handed her the bag of oranges and then hugged her tightly. "Same as usual?" "Yes halemonim!" I sat down on one of her four chairs and waited for the spicy mixed noodles like a little kid. "Halemonim," an all too familiar voice came over my shoulders. "YOU!"we both pointed and said in unison. "You two know eachother?" halemonim set my noodles down. "We go to the same university," I mummbled. "Well what a coincidence, you two are my most frequent guests," she set down another bowl of the same noodles I ordered. The more I wanted to be away from him, the more I keep running into him.  

"Yah, Bang Yongguk, you are destroying the taste of the spicy mixed noodles," I poured the sauce in the bowl of steaming hot noodles for him. "Yah! I can't..." his voice lowered and I inched closer, "did I just hear right? You can't really eat spicy food?" I teased. "Stop teasing the poor boy!" halemonim wacked me with the towel playfully. "Yes mam," I quietly ate my dinner and Yongguk started to laugh. "What are you laughing at?" I punched him on the arm. "Nothing, nothing," he smiled and continued eating his noodles. 

=====================================

"For the fifth hundred time, I don't need you to walk me home!" I grumpily stomped away from him. "It's right for me to do so! and it's late for a girl to walk home alone, now come on," he grabbed my hand out of nowhere and pulled me along. Right when I was about to question why he was rushing me home, I heard foot steps behind us, someone was following us. "Run," he whispered and I followed kept pace with him until he turned a sharp corner and I crashed right into his chest. "Shhh," he held me close as the four guys ran passed us. We waited for a few minutes before we stepped back out into the street, "let's get you home," he gripped my hand tightly. I snuck a peek at his expression, "WORRIED" was plastered all over his face. 

 

A/N: Sorry >___< I've been really busy these few weeks, I'll try to update as much as I can. Thank you for commenting and subscribing lovies ♥ ~