Chapter 3

The Red String of Fate

 

The two people connected by the red thread are destined lovers, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. This magical thread may stretch or tangle, but never break. 
 
"You can sleep in the bed," he added a few more pillows upon my request and made himself a sleeping area on the ground next to me. Gaeul had made herself comfortable on an empty pillow beside me, stretched out with her eyes glued on the both of us. "I hope you don't try anything because I have a body guard," I scratched her tummy and she meowed softly. "Che, like I'm going to do anything to a girl like you," he laid down on the floor and I pegged a pillow at him. "You obviously don't want to sleep, we might as well do something," he smirked at me when I leaned over  to shut off the light. "You need to get your brain washed of its ertedness," I suggested. "I can't help it that I am a guy," he confessed innocently. "Good night," I scoffed and turned the other way. 
 
==================================
 
It felt warm, way too warm, when it got to the point I couldn't sleep anymore, I woke myself up. "What is this?" Yongguk was asleep beside me with his one arm on top of me. "Yah," I tried to move his arm but he was dead asleep. "Bang Yongguk, get off of me," I tried moving his arm again. 
 
I decided to pinch his nose and his eyes shot open so quickly to the point I thought it was going to fall out. "Get off of me," I couldn't hide my laugh from his ridiculous expression. "Naa, I'm starting to really like this position," he snuggled closer. "You're too fat!" I acussed his heavy weight, and he started snoring on purpose to tune out my acussations. 
 
==================================
 
"Give me one good reason why you ended up beside last night or I will tell the world you attempted to me,"  I crossed my arms in his car with Gaeul on my lap. "I probably went to the bathroom and forgot you were in my bed, because I'm so used to living alone," he said with all honesty. Before I could say anything else, "wait, that won't explain the fact you were at my place willingly," he smirked. "You kidnapped me," I got out of the car because I knew I was already losing this argument. 
 
(Yongguk's POV) 
 
I watched as she angrily got out of my car, I found myself smiling like an idiot as I drove away. When I got to the airport, umma was already waiting for me. "I didn't think the storm would clear up that quickly," I didn't even notice the gray clouds were starting to part ways. "I'm sure you didn't want umma to interupt your time with Seulrin," she teased with a smile. "I'm telling you umma, there's nothing going on between us," I put the luggage in the trunk. "Even if I was ten thousand miles away from you, nothing can hide the affection I see you have towards her, you let her wear one of your personal shirts and let her cook in your kitchen," umma continued. "Umma!" I shot her a playful glare. "Araso, araso, but you do need to remember the deal you made with him," she returned to her serious side. 
 
I stayed quiet and started the drive back to my apartment. Deadline, that's what my life feels like. 
 
(Seulrin's POV) 
 
"Gaaaaaaaeeuuuuuuuuuuuul!" I called for and she came running at me and then plopped herself right on my stomach. "I need to get you some toys and food," and she meowed as if she understood what I meant. My phone vibrated abruptly, indicating a text message. 
 
BYG: My umma wants to have dinner with you
PSR: I don't recall asking for your number and giving my number away 
 
My phone started to ring with Minhee's caller I.D. 
 
"Unnie! Where have you been?" I yelled. "With you," she giggled, "flying over the rainbowwwww," she sang. "Where are you? I'm coming to get you," I quickly put my shoes on and grabbed my keys. "Babe, we aren't done," I heard her boyfriend's voice. I'm going to kill that ing bastard. Having no time to respond, I quickly called him. "Can you tell your umma I'm really sorry I can't come tonight, I'm sorry Yongguk," I said as quick as I could. "Yeah, it's fine, is everything okay?" I could hear the worry in his voice. "Yeah," I lied then hung up and ran across the street. 
 
(Yongguk's POV) 
 
"Is everything okay?" umma looked at me weirdly. It was then when I noticed Seulrin running across the street and then disappearing up the stairs. "Umma, I got something to do, I'll see you tonight for dinner," I kissed her on the cheek and dashed out the cafe. What the hell is she doing up there? That place is full of Minhyuk's people. 
 
I heard a loud slap and then, "she doesn't want to go with you ," said an angry male voice. "What the hell are you doing?" Seulrin was standing there with her hand to her cheek and Minhyuk standing there angrily. "None of your damn business," he spat back. "You just hit a girl," I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. "Really? that doesn't compare to the countless hearts you messed and toyed with?" he laughed. 
 
(Seulrin's POV) 
 
Yongguk had appeared out of nowhere I didn't even know how to react. "Seulrin, what happened?" he looked at me while keeping a distance between Minhyuk and I. "He drugged my friend," I said clearly. "Go get her," he ordered. I quickly went into his bedroom and found Minhee on the bed with needles beside her. She was topless and full of bruises on her chest to her sides. "Oh my god Minhee," I took off my hoodie and slipped it on her trying to control my tears. 
 
"Come on," Yongguk came in and picked her up in one scoop. Minhyuk was on the couch wearing the most hated grain when we left his apartment. Yongguk sped off to the hospital as soon as we got into the car. "Unnie, we are almost at the hospital, stay strong," I choked back on my tears as I held her tightly. 
 
================================
 
She was in critical condition when we arrived at the hospital. Please, Minhee, I can't lose you. I silently prayed. Yongguk dropped his jacket on me and pulled me towards him. He caressed my stinging cheek as I listened to his calming heartbeat. 
 
The doctor came out hours later. "She is fine, but the baby is gone," his words hit me as if someone was throwing knives at me. "What baby?"  I found myself asking. "She was pregnant for a month but the constant drugs in her system caused the baby to stop growing normally and eventually breathing, I'm really sorry," he walked away leaving Yongguk and I alone. 
 
"No, no, no," I shook my head unwilling to accept what I just heard. That bastard her! "Hey, look at me, she's alive and well, that's all that matters," he held my hand tightly. "Let's go do the paperwork and then visit her," I let him lead me to the front desk. 
 
================================
 
While I stayed with Minhee after the paperwork, Yongguk handled the police. At this moment, I didn't even care what his intentions were, if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have made it out alive and with Minhee. "You are going to hear an ear full from me when you get better,"I combed her hair. 
 
"Miss Seulrin, visiting hours are over, I can assure you that Miss Minhee is in good health, all she needs is a heavy dose of sleep," an older woman walked in, in the nurse uniform. "Thank you," I hugged the nurse. "No need to thank me, now go on, your boyfriend is waiting for you," she was so motherly to the point I almost didn't hear what she said.  
 
I peeked out the door to see Yongguk leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and his eyes closed. I met him just a few days ago, but I felt like I've known him my entire life. 
 
A/N: I lost power for almost 3 days T_T I'm sorry that I haven't been updating as much lately.