Chapter 13

The Red String of Fate

"Neh, harabuji," I hung up and Yongguk sat up frowning. "I have to go, I'm sorry," I put my phone back down. "I'll take you there, go change," he smiled positively. "You go get dressed, my clothing is in here," I pushed him out playfully. I pulled out a strapless plum colored dress and a pair of dark plum colored pumps. I stared at the mirror after I changed, I feel like I have aged 10 years since yesterday's events. "You ready?" Yongguk came back looking as new as always with his messy hair and top buttons of his dress shirt ed, y as ever. "Yeah,"  I gave him a weak smile. 

========================

"I don't know when I'll get the chance to see you after today, harabuji wants me to move back to the family home," I wanted to choke myself at just the thought. "That's still not going to stop me," he smiled my favorite boyish grin. "I'm not playing around!" I pouted. "I'm not either when I said I love you and that I'm not going to let you go," he kissed my forehead. 

My phone started to vibrate like crazy and when I saw the caller i.d., I knew I had to go. I reluctantly pulled apart and got out of the car, I wave to him one last time before stepping into the lobby. I walked in unable to spot a single face I knew, until someone tapped me on my left shoulder, I turned to the left and no one is there and then turned to the right to see Minho laughing (A/N: HAS THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ANYONE? LOL I fall for it everytime >__>)

That was one of the few things Minho can childishly pull and make me want to smile because of it. I had two choices: I either go with the flow and accept what was happening or be as y as ever and have my grandfather skin me alive but if I were to be so nice to Minho, I would feel like I was betraying Yongguk and his love. Just what else does life want to throw at me? The internal battle within myself just would not shut the hell up and I was on the verge of just leaving everyone. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened.

"Minho, we need to talk about what happened lately, I don't think neither of us could continue on like this," I brushed off all things and came straight out with what was on my mind. "I don't think I've lost you completely yet," he toyed with a strand of my wavy black hair, " it doesn't hurt to try," he gave a smile that gave nothing away.

We went back to my family home, and it was like a walk down memory lane. Minho and I grew up together just like how the arranged marriage was set up. Sometimes I wonder why I didn't have the feelings for him, he was a perfect ladies' man, loving, honest, knew how to treat you right and definitely had the looks that would steal your heart away in a split second but I found myself slipping away from him.

"Remember that one time when I fell asleep here and you drew on my entire face?" he reminded me excitedly. "And you completely scared the wits out of me when you woke up so suddenly," I smiled at the fond memory when everything was so innocent in our eyes. "Do you think the carving is still there?" I looked around the tree. "I'm pretty sure it's still there, but I think by now, the carving would be somewhere up there at the highest part of the tree," Minho laughed as if I asked a stupid question. "Stop laughing at me," I was so itching to climb the tree to see the carving myself.

When I turned around, Minho was very close to me, his chest pressing up to my back and he wrapped his arms around me. "Can we just stay like this for a while?" he pleaded and I stayed there like he wanted me too. This was the most I can ever do for him.

============================

(Yongguk's POV)

 

Boredom.

Was the only thing that crossed my mind as I walked around without my mind. Dasom hooked onto my arm tightly and dragged me around with umma was more then happy to witness the entire thing. I was just so bored and I couldn't give a rat's about where they wanted the wedding ceremony or party or whatever they were planning.

"Isn't this place beautiful?" she spun around the empty ballroom hall like a little kid. "Hmm," I checked my phone for a message from Seulrin. I missed her already.

 

"I've already given you leeway today for not paying one single attention to what were suppose to do today, do not get me started about that girl, you have to choices right now: you either block her out or I will finish the job for you," she walked up to me annoyed. "You back off or I will not hesitate to you up," I hissed. I'm not going to just sit around all day and waste my time here.

I needed a drink and I needed it badly.

A/N: I think I might be updating slowly from now on, school is in the way x( there's so much to do during the last year. Thank you for sticking with me and all the wonderful comments! <3 Yongguk is a little OOC at the end, my bad xD but I can't think of any other way to make him sound angry.