Chapter 16

The Red String of Fate

I had grown to love Minho, I admitted to myself, but Yongguk was the one in my heart. As much as I tried to push him away, I do nothing but miss him even more. The lady in charge of the wedding hall stepped out to retrieve some paper work, leaving me alone in the massive ball room type of wedding hall. This place was already beautiful and extravagant to its natural beauty, and I'm sure if we were to decorate it, it would look even better, except I'm going to be standing up there with the wrong person. "Miss Kim, all I need is for you to confirm the date and time and this place will be all yours that day," she handed me the documents. I scanned through the dates and time and handed it back to her with my signature. "I am very happy for you, all the good wishes to you and Mr. Lee with a long last marriage," Lindy congratulated me and left me to myself to head back to work.

I had nothing to do, really had nothing to do. I had received my graudation diploma early on harabuji's order, luckily I had enough credits because I had worked enough with Kahi unnie or else everything would have been a couple more steps harder to accomplish, so now basically I was already a house wife with nothing to do.

My phone started to vibrate vigorously and my caller id blinked Daehyun's name.

"Daehyun?"

"Noona, I know I shouldn't be bothering you around this time, but this is an emergency"

"What's wrong Daehyun?"

"I'm out of the country at the moment and Yongguk hyung just called me drunk... I'm really sorry"

"It's fine, where is he?"

"The regular, sunset bar, I owe you so much noona!"

"You go do what you need to do," I laughed. He muttered something about getting me something from Thailand and then hung up. I literally marched my way to the bar with the intention to murder him for drinking again, in broad day light for goodness sake.

====================================================

"Seulrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrinnnnn," he slurred when he saw me with the biggest smile on his face. "It's time to go Yongguk," I pushed his drink away and payed the bartender. "Let's go," I slung his one arm around me and tried to get him to walk with me, he was heavy, slow and my heels were killing me.

After a lot of trouble, I was able to get him into his car and start the drive back to his apartment. "Seulrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrinnnnnnnnn,"he looked at me groggily. "Don't sleep yet, we're almost home, I won't be able to you to your apartment if you fall asleep now," I urged him to stay awake.

Luckily, the man at the front desk had one of the security guards help m bring Yongguk back to his apartment because he was leaning all his weight on me and I was struggling to get him through just the front door. "Thank you so much," I handed him a $20 bill and he shyly said his departure before heading to the elevator. When I walked backe into the living room, Yongguk was on the couch doing some more drinking. "Stop!" I took the cup from his hand, the rest of the bottle and dumped it all into the sink.

It was the first time I had seen him so broken, so frusturated. "Yongguk, I'm sorry, I'm really sorry," I went to sit beside him. He rubbed his temples and ran his hand through his hair, not even making a single eye contact with me. "Please talk to me," I cried and gripped on to his hand tightly. "Why are you here? You're driving me crazy," he laughed almost angrily. "Do you know what you do to me?" he returned my grip. "I was just hanging there by the edge of the cliff, I thought I was going to get over you, but then you had to show up, that day at the supermarket, you just brought everything back," he said angrily. "I'm so angry at myself, you were everything I have ever wanted and I let you go so easily," he was holding his other hand into a fist until it almost turned white. I took his other hand and flexed his fingers out. "Let's talk about this tomorrow, it's late and you need to sleep," I pulled down the hallway and into his bedroom.

"Can you stay the night?" he asked tiredly. "I..." I hesitated for a split second, "I will, just let me clean up the kitchen first," I smiled reassuringly at him. "Hmmm," he grunted and went off to get ready for sleep. I left a quick message to Minho saying I was going to spend the night with a friend, lying through my teeth, one night couldn't hurt right?

I stripped out of my dress and into the t-shirt I took from one of his drawers, I climbed into the bed beside the sleeping pabo, his mouth was slightly ajar and his expression was so cute that I couldn't help but smile. "What are you smiling at?" he opened his eyes a little and looked at me. "Nothing," I turned the other way, my back facing his front. Yongguk moved closer, his arms wrapping around my waist and my back to his chest. "Yongguk..." I felt my heart race quickly as if it was going to jump out of my chest. "I love you," he murmured against my ear, his hands running up my thighs to my waist.

I turned around and he kissed me, deeply and lovingly.

He was my world, my universe, and everything I have ever wanted, but our road isn't going to be an easy one and when one side gives up, we both lose everything we have ever fought for.