Chapter 15

The Red String of Fate

(Seulrin's POV)

Harabuji hadn't stopped smiling the entire night, to the point it made me forget how much of a strict person he was. "I hope my old age will make it to your wedding," harabuji squeezed my hand, "I need to be there for your halemonim," he smiled and all his wrinkles became visible. "I don't want to hear the age nonsense, you're going to be there," I hugged him, Minho gave me a reassuring rub on the back as if he knew I was trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall from my eyes. "Go on ahead, you look very tired," I ushered him to my parents chauffered car when they pulled up. "Alright, you and Minho have fun," he gave one last look at the both of us before getting into the car. "Don't stay out too late," umma made me want to roll my eyes, I'm not a little girl anymore. I could almost feel Minho go tense when a pair of familar voices came through the revolving doors. "Well, if it isn't the two most perfect couple in the world," Dasom's compliment had a mocking tone to it. "You two aren't so bad yourselves," Minho barked. "You two look great," Yongguk's eyes darted towards me and for a moment, we held each other's gazes. "Can we go? I don't feel like waiting for the car to get here," I tugged his arm a little. "Yeah, we wouldn't want to be late," Minho smiled and led me to the fancy parkinglot.

"Are we going somewhere?" I almost tripped when he suddenly stopped. "We were, but I can't wait any longer," he suddenly got on one knee and pulled out a little velvet jewelry box, "I know you're not happy about being stuck with me, but I want to let you know that I will give myself to you wholeheartedly, I've loved you since the day  I met you, I want to make you the happiest woman on this planet, Park Seulrin, will you marry me?"

(Yongguk's POV)

I don't think my heart can take anymore of this. "So romantic, to propose in a parkinglot, she looks like she's going to say yes," Dasom pointed out so casually on purpose. "This isn't right, we shouldn't be watching," I tried to brush it off but my eyes kept wondering to where Seulrin was. Even from afar, I could tell she was crying and the moment he slipped the ring on her finger and stood up to kiss her, I felt my entire world shatter into little pieces.

(Seulrin's POV)

I wasn't sure whether my tears were from happiness or the burden of the whole arranged marriage. Perhaps it really is time to move on, all this time I was the silly immature little girl that believed everything would work out the way I want it to be. Maybe Minho was the good one for me.

I reluctantly took off the ring Yongguk gave to me weeks ago remember the words he said to me months ago.

"I'm not going to let you go"

I put it in my bag and twirled the engagement ring around, this was the only ring I needed to wear from now on.

====================================

"You are not allowed to see the bride before the wedding day!!" I laughed like an idiotwhile trying to hold the door shut from inside the room with the maids giggling behind me. "No bad luck is going to stop me from marrying you, at least let me get a small glimpse," he tried to jiggle the door handle. 'Aniyo! I want it to be a surprise!" I motioned for one of the maids to call our security guard. "I can't believe you called the guard on me," he laughed a few seconds later. "Whatever it takes baby," I opened the door a little, popped my head outside and blew him a kiss. "I'm going to get my revenge later," he smirked as sif he already had a plan.

After the maids got what they needed to re-adjust the dress, I changed back into my t-shirt and shorts and set out to look for my parents who decided to visit. "Where's appa and Minho?" I found umma in the kitchen. "Harabuji is the referee of their tennis match," she pointed at the window viewing the back yard. "Seulrin, do you have any spicy peppers?" she was busily looking through all the cabinets. "Ani, but I can go get some, I need to restock on some things," I grabbed my keys. "Komawo Seulrin," she looked at me more seriously. "See you in a bit, umma," I exited my house knowing she was going to say something dramatic.

=====================================

The drive to the supermarket was quick and easy with my new car. I found all I needed  but when I was about to grab the peppers umma wanted, somebody's hand went for it at the same time. "Seulrin," Yongguk greeted then retreating his hand to grab another bag. "Yongguk," I lookedat him, just a few weeks and so much has changed. "You look like you are doing well," he pulled me to the side to let a person pass by. "You are too," I muttered, my head was full of questions wanting to be asked. "I'm glad you are doing well," he smiled. "I'm glad you are too," I brushed him off, knowing this wasn't going to get anywhere. "Wait!" he grabbed me by the hand and when he noticed my engagement ring, he let go with a sigh. "You deserve the better good," his tone was filled with melancholy. "Have a nice day Mr. Bang," I swung his arm off as gently as I could to go pay for my food and left as quickly as I could.

Till now, he still has the power to completely subdue me under his gaze and deep voice. Just what else would I do for this man?

====================================

"Are you okay?" Minho wrapped his arms around my waist as I stood on the balcony twirling the glass of wine around, "you seemed out of it ever since coming back from grocery shopping". "I guess I'm a little stressed out, dress fitting, planning, invitation sending, and we have to visit the wedding hall tomorrow, do you think you would be able to make it in time?" I changed the subject. "I'm going to try my best to make it, if this business deal is successful, the company will be in good position, and..." he placed a kiss on my bare shoulder, "we would be able to go on our honey moon for as long as we want," I could hear the smile in his voice. "Are you still not going to tell me ?" I turned around to face him but since he was taller then me by almost a lot, I got his chest and had to look up a little. "I'm not telling," he laughed and I pouted. "Go to sleep early, you have to make some big decisions tomorrow if I can't make it," he lead me back to the bedroom. "You trust me to make the decision on whether or not we will have our wedding at this wedding hall?" I looked at him amused. "I trust you with my life," he gave me one last kiss before exiting the room to finish whatever documents he had to get ready for tomorrow's meeting. I changed into my pajamas and climbed into bed, I opened the bed side drawer and a little box, taking out a familiar looking silver promise ring.

This ring held no more promises.