Chapter 20

The Red String of Fate

 

(Seulrin's POV) 
 
My eyelids felt so heavy as if they were weight instead, and my body felt so exhausted as if I had been working out nonstop. It took me a while before I could open my eyes fully and adjust to my surrounding, I had no idea what had happened or where I was at. I painfully sat up and looked around the room, bland white walls and ceilings, and machines, I was in the hospital. 
 
I tried to think back on what happened but my mind was a complete blank. At the corner of my eye I saw something drop, a file had slid off the couch, and the figure on the couch was none other then Minho. He was fast asleep on the couch, suit jacket on the chair nearby, tie and buttons on his dress shirt were loosened at the top and his hair was a mess, he didn't look anything like the CEO he was. I laughed quietly but it hurt to just even lift up my cheeks to laugh, the digital clock on the table stand beside me blinked 7AM, how long had I been asleep? one hour? two hour? three days? one week? 
 
"This is wonderful, you're awake," an older women in a white coat came into the room. She looked at the machines that were connected to me then at the clip board at the foot of my bed before turning her attention towards me, "you're vital signs are in good condition but I'm going to need to run some more tests on the blood clots that had formed, but I'll come back in a few hours," she smiled, "good men are hard to find these days, he's been here since day one," she looked over at Minho then back to me before exiting the room. Good men huh? 
 
A nurse came by later and helped me out of bed, it was like learning how to walk all over again. I got the hang of it pretty quickly and was able to gain my balance back but I still ached. What I found amusing the entire time was that Minho continued to sleep like a baby, he must be really tired, I'll let him sleep a little more. I checked my screen-cracked phone, I had dozens of messages from friends but not a single one was from Yongguk. 
 
Minho stirred in his sleep and I stood there frozen as if the slightest movement from me would wake him up but in the end, he woke up by himself. "What the hell are you doing? Are you allowed to be standing like that?" he instantly shot up and came to my side. "Yes Minho, the nurse just left after helping me," I reassured him. "When did you wake up? Why didn't you wake me up?" he frowned at me. "A few hours ago and you looked so tired, I wanted you to get some sleep, if you look like a panda it's all my fault," I pouted. "Araso, I give up, I hate it when you give me that face," he laughed. "My little girl is up!" umma's voice could be heard from outside the room. "Umma!" I almost screamed when she barged in through the door with appa. "Umma...not..too hard.." I flinched when she hugged me too tightly. "I'm sorry," she quickly let go. "You gave all of us the biggest scare," appa hugged me more lightly then umma, "you're so lucky your harabuji is on a trip with his friends at the moment," he scolded. The thought of facing harabuji was scarier then being forced to jump into a pool full of sharks. 
 
=============================================
 
"I'm sooo boreddddddd!!!" I whined. My parents left after spending a few hours with me, Minho went home to shower and to change into something more comfortable and came back. "You have your laptop right in front of you," he said without looking up from his screen, he was busily working on some company document again. "Why don't you just go to work instead of wasting time here?" I asked. "Hmmmm," he grunted a response. I threw my pillow at him to catch his attention, he looked up from his screen and shot me a glare, "I'm going to go find out when you can leave this god forsaken place araso? so just sit there and don't go anywhere," he came over and kissed me on the forehead before leaving the room. 
 
I waited and waited for what seemed like eternity and Minho finally returned to the room with a no emotion expression. "I can't leave for a while can't I?" I could already tell from his expression. "You are allowed to leave...." 
 
"Yes!" I jumped excitedly only to feel the pain of the bruises and soreness. "Be careful!" he hissed. "Sorry hehe," I smiled innocently. "Before you interupted me, Dr. Choi said you may leave but you have to come back to get check ups for 4 weeks, once a week," he talked to me as if he was a teacher instructing his students. "Yes sir," I saluted and he laughed. "I'm going to go home really quick to get you some clothing, sit tight and don't do anything," he kissed me on the forehead and left the room. 
 
=============================================
 
"You have the worst taste in clothing, just thought I should let you know," I yelled from the bathroom in my hospital room. "I think those yoga pants is really good, it really brings out your figure," he yawned. "ert," I threw my hospital gown at him when I opened the door. " There's the Seulrin that I know and love," he carried my sports bag for me as we exited the room. It felt so nice to just step out of the hospital and today's weather was so a warm day with a nice breeze. "Something doesn't feel right," I felt a little off when we settled down in his car. "What? Are you hurting somewhere?" he examined me from head to toe. "My ring! oh my goodness, I lost the ring, I'm so sorry," I freaked out. "Relax Seulrin," he laughed and took the engagement ring from out of his pants pocket. "But I do have to admit, you are really adorable when you are freaking out like that," he teased. "I think I might end up in the hospital again because you are driving my high blood pressure," I fanned myself dramatically. "Is there anywhere you want to go? or you want to go home and rest? I'm at your service for the entire day," he drove out of the parkinglot slowly. "Home please," I relaxed in his comfy leather seat letting the music comfort me. 
 
=============================================
 
I guess I was really tired but I couldn't sleep well in the hospital bed and just knowing that I was in the hospital. I didn't even remember walking into the house, I had slept for a good solid 4 hours in our bedroom under those soft silky bed sheets I missed so much. I threw on one of his hoodies that he usually wore when he went out for a jog in the morning and crept down my stairs slowly. 
 
I found him in the kitchen cooking something diligently. I tip-toed up to him and wrapped my arms around his waist startling him, "it looks like I missed a lot while I was asleep these past few days". 
 
"I'm still not as good as you so you're going to have to eat the food I cook because I don't want you eating outside food for now," he stirred the congee slowly. "It looks good to me, you need to give yourself some more credit," I let go and sat on the cool marble counter next to the sink as he cooked on the stove. "Tell me again when you taste it," he poured some of the congee into a bowl and pulled out some side dishes from the refrigerator. "Chef Lee, thank you for the wonderful food," I got off the  counter and sat in one of the tall chairs at the middle counter of the kitchen. "I need to make some phone calls and then I'll come join you," he kissed me on my forehead. "Araso, come quick," I reluctantly let him leave. 
 
I ate my dinner as slow as I could eat but Minho didn't even come out when I finished. I peeked into his study and he was speaking angrily on the phone with someone from the company. "I'll deal with this tomorrow," he said to the person on the other line as I sat down beside him and he pulled me to his arms. "Is it bad?" I asked. "Nothing to worry about, just someone that's going to be fired," he reassured me. "Don't lie to me," I said without looking at him. "I would never Seulrin, but I do want you to promise me something...don't get yourself into this again, do you know how scared I was? I thought I had lost you forever," he twirled the ring around my finger.  
 
 
 
A/N: I missed you guys! I had a really busy week with school work but I'm almost done with this research paper T~T so close that it brings me to tears because my graduation depends on it, but I'm back :D ! At least I hope I am XD  but I hope I'm not starting to bore you guys with this story.