Chapter 18

The Red String of Fate

I don't even remember how I had got to a bar but I only had one drink and I started to get dizzy. Someone must have drugged the drink but I lost all control of my movements but I liked this feeling, it made me numb, it made me forget about everything that had happened. I want to run, to get far away from everybody again, it was so easy to just leave, but nothing would be resolved and eveything would just go back to where it all began.

(Minho's POV)

"Take deep breaths and then tell me what happened," I tried to calm ummo-nim down. "I was trying to talk with Seulrin, but she got so angry and ran off, I don't know where she went," she sniffed. "Araso, go on home, I'll find her and I'll give you a call," I reassured her. "You are a good man, thank you," and then she hung up. I cancelled the rest of the meetings I had for the rest of the day and had my secretary handle whatever work that needed to be done while I made phone call after phone call to ask people to keep an eye out for my fiancee. What in the world happened to the point that Seulrin had to run from her own mother?

I have checked all the places that she frequents the most but she was nowhere in sight. I have dialed her number over hundreds of times, it goes through but no one picks up. It was only 8PM and the streets of Seoul were still very busy so it was very hard to keep a good eye if she passed by me by chance.

A girl stumbling around across the street caught my attention. "Seulrin?!" I pushed pass the people to get a better look but there was no way I could cross the street with all these cars going by. "NO! SEULRIN, STAY THERE!" I yelled at her but she paid me no attention.

When the lights flashed red, all the cars stopped and I bolted across the street, but one car did not stop. No matter how hard I ran, I didn't get there in time. "Seulrin! Look at me! Stay with me!" I held her tightly, "SOMEBODY CALL THE DAMN AMBULANCE!!"

==============================================

 

Please, please be okay.

 

I gripped her engagement right so tightly I thought it was going to go through my hand. "Minho! How is she?" abeoji asked while holding on to ummo-nim tightly. "She lost a lot of blood, they've been in there for so long," I stared at the sign on top of the door that glowed red, indicating that there was a surgery going on at the moment. "Mr. Lee Minho?" two guys in uniform walked up to us. "What?!" I snapped. "We need to ask you some urgent questions," the guy said. "My fiancee is in there right now, does it look like its the right time to ask me some ing question?" I retorted. "Go," abeoji placed his hand on my shoulder, "Seulrin is stubburn, she won't let go that easily".

I reluctantly pulled myself away from the surgery room to follow the two officers to the waiting area.

"Are you able to recall what car it was?"

"No"

"Some witness have said Miss Park was not in the right state of mind, do you know if she drinks heavily or takes any drugs?"

"Are you kidding me?" I said amused, "I've been with her for over three years and I have never seen her drink heavily, heck she can't even take a glass of wine before getting all red, don't you ever say my fiancee takes drugs again, she's the most innocent girl you could ever meet," I glared.

"We have set up perimeter around the area, they are on the look out for the driver that hit your fiancee," the finally said something worth hearing. "You better find that because he never thought once to stop his damn car," I stood up and stormed out of the waiting room.

==============================================

(Yongguk's POV)

I flopped down on my couch after I took a shower, I was exhausted and had a massive headache from yesterday. I spotted Seulrin's phone on my coffee table and smiled to myself, she was always so forgetful.

 

My phone ringing destroyed the good mood I had in me because the called I.D. flashed Dasom's name.

"Oppa, I crashed my car," Dasom laughed.

"Are you high out of your mind right now? Where the hell are you?" I was already angry at just hearing her voice.

"High hehe, I put a lot in her drink and she got hit," Dasom giggled and my I felt myself froze up.

"Who her?! Seulrin?!...." but the line went dead already and when I tried calling back, the phone was turned off.

A minute later I received a phone call from Daehyun.

"Hyung! Seulrin is in the hospital! I'm on my way to the hospital from the airport, hurry up and get over there!" Daehyun literally yelled through the phone.

I grabbed my keys and headed out my apartment, not even bothering with anything, all I wanted was to be there right now, to know that she was okay but as I was about to open my door, umma had stepped out of the elevator.