Chapter 21

The Red String of Fate

 

I'm going to trip and then fall to my death. 
 
Because I feel like crap and for the last half hour I made friends with my toilet. I cleaned myself up and headed out of my house to meet with Minho but I still felt like crap. "Come on," he helped me into the car. The car ride to the doctor's office was almost painful, "I don't like this," I whined silently while Minho and I sat in the quiet waiting room. "We are going to figure this out soon and you'll feel better," he drew small circles on my hand with his fingertips and surprisingly, it soothed me a lot. "Park Seulrin," the nurse called and for the first time I was happy to enter a doctor's office. 
 
It took longer then expected laying on the bed waiting for the doctor to come back to tell me what was exactly wrong with me. "Seulrin, you can come out and sit here," Dr. Kim instructed. I came out to the office part of the exam room, Minho was sitting next to the empty chair. "Well, congratualation Miss Park, you are 8 weeks pregant," she smiled and my jaws dropped to the floor and ran away. I didn't need a doctor to tell me who the father was. 
 
==================================
 
"Do you feel better?" Minho looked at me as we walked the warm streets of Seoul. "Yeah, better then this morning," I reassured him, I had to talk to him about the "issue" but I just didn't know how to bring it up. "Do you think you will be able to handle tomorrow?" he frowned as if he saw right through my lie. "Yes Minho, I wouldn't delay it any further then it already has," I smiled. It's been a few weeks since my accident and I had just recovered from my injuries and now here comes a visitor that will be living in my tummy for a while. "Seulrin, I know what you are thinking, I will take care of you and the baby, I will love him as much as if he was mine, you have nothing to worry about," he looked me in the eye. "I'm sorry Minho, I did things that you shouldn't have to suffer for," I looked away. "Silly, I'm not suffering, it is a blessing that you are with me," he poked me in the forehead. Although seeing him like this made me so happy, I wondered if it is the right thing to do. 
 
Minho decided that we tell both of our parents that the child was his but we both decided to keep this a secret for now, and thanks to the medicine that Dr.Kim prescribed, otherwise I would be puking my insides out at my parents house. After Minho and I took a walk around the city,we packed our bags and went our separate ways for these two nights, afterall, it was bad luck for the bride and groom to see eachother before the wedding. My phone vibrated indicating there was a message and when I opened it, I was welcomed by a pouting Minho on his bed pointing at the empty space beside him with the message, "I miss you already :(". 
 
I let out a laugh and did the samething except I put my giant teddy bear beside me instead. "Seulrin? Can I come in?" umma knocked on my bedroom door. "Yeah," I sat up from my bed. "How are you feeling? she sat down beside me. "Better then ever, I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep with all this nervousness and excitement," I twirled the engagement ring in my finger. "This is the daughter I gave birth too," she laughed and then took something out from her pocket. "This was a gift from your grandmother when I first got married and I want it to be passed down the family," she held out a simple silver bracelet with the infinite symbol. "I still never learned what it meant but it seemed very important for your grandmother and your grandfather knows how to keep a secret very well," she helped me put the bracelet on my left wrist. "Thank you umma," I hugged her tightly. "Get to sleep early tonight, we can't have you looking like a panda tomorrow," her sniffling told me she was already in tears and was trying her hardest to surpress it from falling uncontrolablly. 
 
==================================
 
It probably took more then 2 hours to get my hair and make up done and another hour to just put on my dress. Now the only other challenge was getting out of my house, getting into the limo, and getting off the limo. Everybody was already at the wedding hall and my only job was too get to the wedding hall and walk in with my father. 
 
Today was the day where whatever decisions I had not made will be left behind and today is also the day I leave Yongguk behind. "You look beautiful Rinnie," appa helped me out of the limo. "I just hope I won't trip walking up," I told him honestly. "You'll do just fine," appa smiled. 
 
It felt like just yesterday that I was that immature girl running away from everybody because she didn't want to be stuck in an arranged marriage, and today I'm going to be facing my own problems the way I should have handled it a year ago maybe if I did, I wouldn't have met Yongguk. 
 
As appa walked me down the aisle, every pair of eyes were on me, and it was then when I noticed Yongguk, Daehyun and Himchan near the front of the church. 
 
You can't mess up now Seulrin. 
 
"I, Lee Minho, take you, Park Seulrin, to be my lawfully wedded wife, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live." he gently and swiftly slid the wedding band on to my finger. 
 
"I, Park Seulrin, take you, Lee Minho, to be my lawfully wedded husband, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live", now it was my turn to slide the ring on to his finger. 
 
He pulled me towards him and kissed me, and the room stood up cheering while umma cried. "Are you ready for your surprise?" Minho whispered to me. "Been ready," I stuck my tongue out at him. Right when we were about to get into the designated car to drive us to wherever Minho had planned, Harabuji collapsed. "Harabuji!" 
 
A/N: Some questions cannot be answered -cough- C: