Chapter 1

The Red String of Fate

 

"What are you talking about?" I sat in a empty chair across from the jerk. "Either you pay for the suit you just ruined right now or you help me and be my date for the night," he said with all seriousness. There was no way I was going to expose my identity so I was forced to go with the second option. "Good girl," he smirked, "Lindy, she's ready," he motioned at the door. 
 
For what seemed like hours, I felt like my skin was being wiped off and my hair was being pulled off. "To tell you honestly, out of all the girls he has shown up here with, you are the prettiest, natural beauty,"Lindy was the nicest women I have ever met, how could someone like her work with someone like him. Despite the real reason as to what I was here in the first place, I really liked what Lindy did for me. She gave my hair soft curls, the lightest make up and a beautiful gown that stopped at my ankle and a pair of ballerina flats. "You look like a little fairy!" she squealed happily. I thanked her and stepped out of the private room with all eyes on me. Yongguk was nowhereto be found, only his limo was parked out front. "Lindy, is she done?" his jerk tone came from behind us. "She's all yours," Lindy said with confidence. He offered his hand I reluctantly took it, he's just acting nice with all these people looking. "When do I get to go home?" my heart was already racing home before my body. "When I say so," he motioned for the driver to start driving. I sat in my seat pouting and scowling like an angry child. Why did I have to meet such a jerk like him? 
 
There were so many limos out front at the entrance of the company when we got here. People dressed in rich and fancy dresses flooded the front and we so became one of them. Yongguk gripped onto my hand tightly as if the slightest chance of his grip lessening would send me away with the waves of all these people. I was being pushed and shoved and Yongguk noticed my annoyed expression, he moved behind me and put his arms around me then instructing me on where to walk to. It felt nice to have someone wrap their arms around you protectively but it still doesn't erase the fact that he was and still is a jerk. "Well, I thought you were coming alone," this girl came up to us with a snarl directed towards me. "I think you didn't understand what I said that day, it was more like I didn't want to come with you then wanting to come alone," he slid his arm around my waist and pulled me towards him roughly. So I'm being used. 
 
"What are you grinning for?" he looked at me annoyed. "Nothing oppa," I said oh so sweetly. For the rest of the night, we acted like we were a young couple deeply in love with eachother. "After all that you are putting me through, I think I deserve to know why I'm here as your so-called girlfriend," I whispered to him. "You don't deserve to know anything," he smiled and whispered back to me. "I'm your girlfriend though," I said a little more loudly on purpose. He became embarassed and apologized to the other people. "Shut up or you won't be able to go home tonight," he kissed me on the cheek out of nowhere and I quieted down as if he just tamed me as his pet. 
 
For the rest of the night while he talked and drank with other people, I took the chance to examine him. He was tall, handsome features and his deep voice to complete his looks, he was what every girl wants in the other half. "I think you should stop drinking for the night," I noticed him starting to get a little tipsy. "I can take a few more," he insisted but almost lost his balance. "What were you saying a few seconds ago?" I snickered. Yongguk bid his farewells and I helped him into the limo, thank goodness he didn't object to me helping him otherwise it would of been more difficult to leave without causing much of a scene. 
 
The ride back to to his apartment was a short one, he had past out in the limo and the driver had to carry him to his apartment. "Can I ask you a favor?" the driver was an older male, a lot more friendly then Yongguk himself. "Could you take care of him for me? My family needs me at the moment," he begged. "Is everything okay?" I was more worried about him then that drunk idiot. " Yes, thank you for asking," he said his goodbye and headed out the apartment. 
 
I went on a scavenger hunt around his expensive looking apartment for a towel. After soaking it in warm water, I went back into his bedroom and set it on his forehead. He continued to sleep like there's no tomorrow while I took off the jacket part of his suit and ed the first few buttons on the top of his dress shirts. Now what was I suppose to do for the rest of the night? I went back into the living room and fell onto the soft vanilla couch. Slowly, my eyes became heavy and then I fell into a deep slumber. 
 
(Yongguk's POV)
 
My head was like beating drums when I woke up the next morning. It took me forever just to get up and go to the bathroom for a nice shower. After the shower, I headed into my living room and did a double take before realizing the girl was still here and sleeping on my couch. She stirred and then opened her eyes and sat up looking at me. "Aren't you uncomfortable in that?" I didn't know what else to say to her. "Kind of," she stretched. "You can go use the shower, I'll have someone get you some clothing," I pointed at the bathroom door and she walked in without giving me any acknowledgment. 
 
I called Lindy to help me drop off an outfit for her and she showed up within 20 minutes. "You're really quick," she caught me by surprise. "They don't call me a stylist for no reason kid," she handed me a bag of clothing. "Use protection kids!" I could almost picture her prance away with a silly grin. "WHAT?" a head popped out from the bathroom. As soon as she saw me looking at her, she quickly slammed the door shut, I chuckled, she was cute. "Here," I covered my eyes and knocked on the door. "Thank you," she took the heavy bag from my hand and slammed the door in my face. 
 
(Seulrin's POV) 
 
"Did Lindy buy the entire outfit? because the size awkwardly fits really well and the pair of shoes," I walked out almost bumping right into him. "Yah, are you trying to kill me with those shoes?" he grabbed me by the hand. "Well, I'm sorry I couldn't see a jerk walking my way," I blurted out.