Birthday Trouble

Nerdy-Badass Hubby

Beep! You got a voice-mail!

That sound came from Minhyuk’s cellphone when he it. He clicked ‘Open’ and heard six noisy voiced screamed. “MINHYUK HYUNG! WHERE THE HELL YOU ARE? DON’T YOU DARE TO FORGET NOONA’S BIRTHDAY AND DON’T YOU DARE TO SKIP OUR MEETING TODAY IN MELODY BECAUSE… WE HAVE SHOULD DO SOMETHING FOR NOONA!! MEET US IN MELODY ON SEVEN!”

Their voices was just TOO LOUD. Minhyuk was forced to made a distance between his right ear and his phone.  “It’s not like I forget Noona’s birthday. I’m freakin’ remember it.”

“Yoora-ya~” called Minhyuk to Yoora who cooked in the kitchen. “My friends said that we have something important to do for a school-project, and I may be sleepover in my friends’ dorm. Is it okay for you?”

“Ohh, it must be very important. It’s okay for me. But… Can I ask one of my friend to sleepover in here?”

Minhyuk was about to agreed, but he wanted to avoid a chance to meet Yoora in club like before. “I think it’s better if you just sleep here alone. You look very pale, ya know, need rest. I’m afraid if someone sleepover, you’ll chat with her until the morning.”

“It’s okay then. Just take care of yourself. When will you leave?”

“After eat my dinner, I’ll eat it with you, together. You already cook it for me, right?” asked Minhyuk.

Yoora nodded and showed off her cuisine. “I cooked lasagna for you. Do you like Italian food?”

“I love it.” Then, Minhyuk took two plates, for him and Yoora. While Yoora placed the lasagna to their plate. “YEAAAHHH LET’S EAAATT!!”

“You eat first.” Said Yoora. Minhyuk nodded, and he took a big spoon of it. His face became weird for a while, but then he smiled brightly. On the other side, Yoora worried about the taste since It was the first lasagna she ever made. “Is it terrible?”

“THIS IS AWESOME! THE TASTE IS WOW, DELICIOUS! The taste is different, better than a five-stared restaurant. Geu-bi dal-la nam-dal-la Wow!!”

“Is it that awesome?” asked Yoora. Then, she took a small spoon and gasped. He took a glass of water and drank it. “You must be kidding me, this is TERRIBLE. Too many sauce, too salty, and it’s OVER COOKED.”

Minhyuk just gave her a smile and drank a water from the same glass like Yoora. “Listen, this is delicious because you make it with all of your heart, don’t you?”  asked him. Then, he looked at the watch on the wall, 6.15PM. “Dear, I need to go now. Take care of yourself okay?” With that sentences, he took his car key and left the apartment.

“B-But… Oppa! YOU HAVEN’T TAKE A BATH! YOU JUST WOKE UP WHEN WE ATE THE DINNER!”

Yoora’s voice was loud enough to made Minhyuk who still in front of door turned around and ran to the closet. He threw his phone and car key, didn’t know where. “OH MY GOD! HOW COULD I FORGET TO TAKE A BATH!!”

Minhyuk took a duck-bath *if you know what I mean. That’s a really quick bath.* Then, he  opened his secret closet, where he put his badass clothes and put few clothes to his backpack. After it, he needed to find his beloved phone and car key, when suddenly his phone rang, Eunkwang. “LEE MINHYUK! WHERE THE HELL YOU ARE! THIS IS 7.15PM ALREADY!!”

“CALM DOWN, HYUNG!! I LOST MY PHONE AND CAR KEY!!”

“WHAT? THIS IS YOUR BELOVED NOONA’S BIRTHDAY AND—FORGET IT!! I’ll ask Hyunsik to pick you up since he’s on his way right now.” Then, Eunkwang hang up the phone.

“Oppa! This is your phone. You throw it to my face, you know? But I don’t know where your car key landed.”

Minhyuk took his backpack and his phone on Yoora’s hand and left the apartment. “Thanks Yoora, I’m going now. Take care!”


Minhyuk arrived in Melody when the rest five (Eunkwang, Changsub, Peniel, Ilhoon, Sungjae) already waited for him.

“Ppalli!! Ppalli! Noona is about to connect with us!”

Seven of them were sitting in front of an I-Pad, a video call, with Minhyuk who still clueless with what happened. “It’s not a big and expensive present, but we’re sure that you’ll like it.” The could hear Gikwang’s voice.  “No, don’t think that we’re going to give you I-Pad. We know that you already have one.”

“Gikwang Hyung is so funny!” said Ilhoon.

Then, seven of them saw a sight of a beautiful young lady. Minhyuk was the one who shocked the most. “JIYOON NOONA!! NOONA!! CAN YOU HEAR US?!?” screamed all of them.

“GUYS!!” said that young lady, Jiyoon.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!” said all of them, they acted like they were singing, but to be honest it sounded like a scream when they said it.

“NOONA!! Happy birthday. I miss you, so bad.” Said Minhyuk. His eyes were teary, since it has been years since the last time he talked to Jiyoon.

“Hahaha thanks guys. And… I’m not miss you, you don’t even invite me to your wedding!”

Minhyuk just giggled. “I’m sorry, Noona. My wedding is so sudden. You didn’t invite me too.”

“I’m sorry too, then.” Said Jiyoon. “And seriously, how long you guys will act like a badass like this?”

“Mollayo. Maybe until our best fighter quit gang and build a happy family.” Said Sungjae, with a newspaper landed on his head right after he finished his sentences.

Jiyoon just laughed. “Hahaha, do you love her?”

“Probably. Maybe. Definitely.”

“Why did you answer it with three words? I just want a ‘yes’ or a ‘no’.”

“Because—“

The one with cap, Changseob, was about to answer it before Eunkwang shut his mouth up. “It’s nothing.”

“Well, enjoy your birthday Noona!” said Sungjae.

Then, six of them made a formation, a unique one, and made seven heart shapes. Minhyuk who didn’t know what the hell happened just followed them. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIYOON NOONA!! OUR LOVE FOR YOU IS INFINITE!!”

“Thanks guys!! My Love for you is Infinite too! Saranghaaaeeeeee~~” said Jiyoon and made a heart shape. Then, the video call disconnected.

“For you, no one can replace his place, right?”

Minhyuk shook his head. “No, she’s the only one women that care about me. How could I replace it with someone?”

“Even Yoora can’t replace her?”

“No, she can’t. Because my love for Noona is different with my love for Yoora.”

Eunkwang made a cough and read his tab. “Guys, I’m sorry to say such a bad news in this beautiful night. But… Infinite is going to attack Melody and BTOB tonight.”

“TONIGHT!?” all of them gasped at the leader’s announcement.

Minhyuk stared at his drink blankly. “You guys know that I never want to fight on Noona’s birthday.”

“It’s okay if you don’t want—“

“Let’s have a battle with the Infinite guys. I’m the best fighter, right? So let me fight. I can’t let you guys fight with them alone.”

“…But this is your Noona’s birthday! Beside, you have a wife right now, Hyung!” said Peniel.

“I don’t ing care with it. I. WANT. TO. FIGHT.”

“HYUNG! How could you go home with bruises and blood? We don’t know what will happen if we fight with Infinite! They’re very strong in South Korea.” Said Changseob.

“It’s like I’m going to go home tonight. I’ll sleep in BTOB dorm like before, or I’ll sleep in my other apartement. Easy.”

Eunkwang hit Minhyuk’s head with newspaper. “MINHYUK! YOU CAN’T BE STUPID LIKE THIS!!”

“Eunkwang-ah.” Minhyuk called his best friend. “How could I stay at home, cuddle with Yoora, when you guys are fighting with Infinite in here. I’m not that heartless okay.”

“Hmm guys? Do you know that Infinite has a very strong fighter from Italy? I heard he’s a member of strongest mafia in Italy.”

Minhyuk smirked and took a sip of his drink. “Hmm interesting. He didn’t know my family lines, right? This is going to be an interesting fight. What time is it?”

“It’s 9PM already, Hyung.”

“From my calculation, I think Infinite will come in—“

“WHERE’S BTOB?”


JENG!! JENG!! JENG!! Chapter 9~~~

Sorry for the late update, i'l try to update ASAP ^^