You

Nerdy-Badass Hubby

Again?

Yoora sighed as she checked some mails that she got this morning. It had been around two weeks since Minhyuk returned and there were advertisement mails arrived to their apartment every morning since. Sometimes, the mails were addressed to her and some other times those were for her husband. She read every letter on her mail, but hid every mail that addressed to her husband. Those were just stranger’s advertisement mails, as she thought before put the mail in to the cabinet. Minhyuk did not have any time for this kind of mail.

Are you happy?

Do you need more?

We have big present for you.

There are some big things waiting for you.

She couldn’t help but think that the mail had strange and ambiguous sentences for advertisement mail. It was out of place, and she was somehow sure that there was another meaning behind those sentences.

“Good morning, Yoora. New mails?”

She jolted when she heard Minhyuk’s voice and put the mails away in reflect. “Good morning too, Oppa. Did you sleep well? Yes, just some random advertisements letter that sent to me.”

Minhyuk took one of the mails and read it. He furrowed his eyebrow sometimes, indicating something strange caught his sight. “I thought that we’re using my name for purchasing some electronic and furniture stuffs. This is not a letter from credit card provider either. Weird,” he stated as he gave the letter back to Yoora.

Then it hit Yoora. Another weird thing.

“Anyway,” Minhyuk added, “I really think that the company hired bad advertisement people, judging on how they put the words on the letter. But never mind, I kinda miss grandmother. Do you want to come to visit her? We can drop by to yours too after that.”

“Sure thing, Oppa. Let me just prepare you breakfast first.”

“Let’s just have one on our way, Yoora. Go take a bath, I want to watch some anime first,” Minhyuk said as he the TV. Once Yoora was in the bathroom, he took his phone and sent this picture of the mail.

To: Eunkwang

[Picture attached]

Can you help me? I need to know how much Alice Song’s investment in this company and whether Yoora’s name was registered instead of mine. Oh, and if it is not too much, can you tell me Alice Song’s investment in Japan? Thank you. I really owe you one.

 

Do you really think you can fool me?

Minhyuk thought as he put his phone back. It wasn’t hard to figure out. He read one of her letter two days ago when she left it on dining table and read another one this morning. And it didn’t take him a long time to know the real meaning of the letter. Then he walked in to the cabinet where Yoora saved his mails and took a letter—the newest one. Unlike Yoora’s letters, his letter was to the point and there wasn’t such advertisement on it.

Lee Minhyuk,

The game is on, and of course you know that. I never spotted you in Melody these days. You’ve been hiding well, my dear, and I know you haven’t read my mails. It makes me sad. Why are you ignoring me? The game has no fun if you are not making any move like this. I already make mine, now it is your turn so we are even and I can take my turn again. Oh, I am not cheating in a game, Baby. I miss you, don’t you know that?

With love, the queen.

Minhyuk tsk-ed as he put the letter on his pocket. He better made a move soon, one move that would make an Alice Song surrender.

 

 

Both of Minhyuk and Yoora arrived in Lee’s residence after thirty minutes driving. The drive was rather quiet, but definitely less awkward than before. Minhyuk made some effort to crack a joke, but it didn’t last long because they both knew that his jokes were un-amusing.

“Granny,” Minhyuk hugged his grandmother, “Anyway, I just learn mandarin few days ago. Can I call you Nai Nai after this?”

Grandmother slapped his shoulder with the file that she held, “Minhyuk, please.”

“Please what, Nai Nai?”

“Never mind,” she sighed as she called for a maid to make them some tea, “So how’re you two going? Any plans for kids?”

Yoora froze at the question, “Well, Grandma—“

“Yoora is not even graduated from her studies. There are still plenty of times to think about it. We’re young, Granny,” Minhyuk cut Yoora off, afraid that the woman would spill anything about the problem between them since he knew that she was terrible at lying—well, at least he could do it better. “'Cause we're young and we're reckless, we'll take this way too far. It'll leave you breathless, or with a nasty scar. Got a long list of ex-lovers, They'll tell you I'm insane~” he added by singing some parts of Blank Space.

“Minhyuk, please. You don’t even have an ex-lovers.”

“…Right.”

So he spent his days by loving Jiyoon Eonni? No wonder, but it feels strange, somehow, Yoora thought. She just found out that her husband never had any girlfriend in the past. But she was sure that there were tons of girls waiting for him.

“Don’t act all surprised, Yoora. He was too studious to get one,” Grandma explained before stood up. “Anyway Yoora, I will borrow your man for some minutes, I need to hand him some files.”

Yoora nodded politely, “Yes, Grandmother.”

“Make yourself at home, Dear. And Minhyuk, come with me.”

Minhyuk followed Grandma to her working-room and he felt the face of his beloved grandmother changed as the door closed. “Spill.”

“What?”

“Your marriage is definitely not okay, Lee Minhyuk. Tell me.”

“Well, Yoora knew my identity as nerd,” he explained and gulped before told her the next one, “And she also found out about my forbidden feeling.”

Grandma didn’t look surprised at all. She knew it better. “But you ended it already, right?”

“There was no beginning, Granny. It all settled, don’t worry,” he assured, “But there is a beginning now.”

“Yoora?”

“Yes. And also another thing. Remember Alice Song?”

The face of Grandma changed as the mention of her name. “That poison girl?” Minhyuk nodded. She always acknowledged Alice as poison girl after what she did to Jiyoon few years ago.

“She challenged me for a game, and her first move was unveil my identity to Yoora.”

“Well she deserves to know.”

Minhyuk nodded, “I couldn’t agree more about that. But these days, she has been terrorizing Yoora with weird and ambiguous advertisement letters. I think I should play my card, but I want a move that will make her surrender.”

“Make Yoora pregnant, then.”

“Granny,” Minhyuk whined at his grandmother’s tease. “It will make her more furious. She may danger Yoora’s pregnancy if she really pregnant.”

“Do you want to send her to Korea?”

“She will get suspicious,” Minhyuk said, “Plus, she is my responsibility, Granny. I will take care and protect her with my own body.”

“That’s my boy.” Little did he knew, his grandmother was very proud of him. Of course, she never said it in front of him, but she was really proud of his grandson that always acted mature and all on facing problem.

Both of them walked back to the living room. Minhyuk and Yoora stayed for lunch as they talked about many things beside the marriage. “Granny, I think we’ll get going now. We’ll make sure to visit you more often,” Minhyuk said as he hugged his grandmother again.

“We’ll take our leave now, Grandmother,” Yoora bowed.

After visited Lee Residence, Minhyuk insisted on taking Yoora out for another date to Akihabara. He bought her some new figurines as she got him disney’s gloves. “You always seem cold—and you once mentioned that you often feel alone. If you have gloves, it will feel like there are someone that hold your hand,” she reasoned.

Both of them were walking hand in hand when Yoora saw a photo box on the end of the road. “Shall we?” she asked as Minhyuk nodded. They took several picture with various poses, and being Minhyuk, of course none of the poses looked ordinary.

Minhyuk saved one of the picture for himself and just before he wanted to put it in his wallet, his phone vibrated.

From: Jiyoon Noona

Hey, I am pregnant. You should have your share of happiness too, Squirrel.

He just smiled and put it back to his pocket and took the wallet. Until now, the picture on his wallet was Jiyoon and himself from the day he departed to Japan. Minhyuk let out a small chuckle before replaced it with the picture that he took with Yoora earlier. Noona will be a memory, but this will be a future. I will have my share of happiness, Noona, his mind stated.

“Oppa?” Yoora called him, “Can we have an okonomiyaki?”

“Sure thing.”

I will stay with you no matter what happen in the future. 

 

 

Are they on good terms again? What do you think?

Feel free to chat with me though personal messages! :)