Feelings

Willing Promise

 

Donghae’s POV

Throughout the morning, I cannot help but to be worried about Soobin. It’s like as if something had happened. When it was lunch time, I placed all my work aside and called home, but there was no answer. Thinking she might have went to the doctor’s, I called her phone, but to no avail. I kept telling myself she would be fine, nothing would happen to her, but my heart tells me otherwise. I then decided to make use of the time during lunch to go back and take a look.

I got back as quickly as I can, hoping she really would be alright. I opened the door to find the house really silent. I went into the kitchen, not finding her there. However, when I got to our bedroom, I found her laying on the floor.

“Soobin!” I exclaimed as I went to her side. I shook her, trying to wake her up but there was nothing. She was still breathing so I hurriedly called the ambulance because her body was burning like it was on fire. She must have caught a bad cold.

At the hospital, I couldn’t help but pace around. I called my work place for a half day leave and my mind was so blank after that. I don’t know what to do. If something happens to her, how will I be accountable towards her father?

When the doctor came out, he said that it was lucky that I had found out on time or else she would have been in danger.

When I took a seat beside her in her ward, her face was so pale and her hands were so cold. As her husband, how can I neglect her till this state? Her father told me to take good care of her but I have never done so.

“Donghae?” I heard her calling me weakly as she tried to sit up on the bed.

“Where am I?” She said as I helped her.

“You’re in the hospital. You fainted as you’re having a high fever. Why didn’t you tell me?” I said.

“I thought I can take care of it on my own. You’re so busy with your work. I don’t want to disturb you.”

“It’s my responsibility to take care of you. It’s not a burden.” I said, her hair.

“I’m sorry.” She apologised.

Seeing her looking so weak and frail breaks my heart. How can I let a healthy girl become this state?  I should have taken better care of her. I shouldn’t have been jealous over nothing, causing her to catch such a bad cold.

“Are you angry at me?” She asked.

“I’m not angry at you.” I said.

“Not about me being sick but about Hyukjae-sshi” she said. Did she find out I got angry?

“I…” I couldn’t say anything.

“I know you’re angry. I could tell when you were not hungry. I’m sorry I didn’t tell him about me being married. I didn’t know he took an interest in me. I thought he and I could be good friends.” She explained as she placed her hands on mine.

“I know what position I am in now and I will always do my job as your wife.” She said. How can I doubt such a kind hearted girl like her? From the start, even when I had no time for her, she had never complained to me or her parents. She cook me dinner and waited for me no matter how late I return home. How can I think she would betray me? Even though I’m not sure if she loves me, but I know she would never betray our relationship.

Without realizing what I was doing, I pulled her into a hug. However, what shocked me even more was that she hugged me back.

A few days later,Realizing that even though we’re married for close to a month and I have yet to do anything for her, I decided to take a few days off work and we can go on our honeymoon.

After thinking for a long time, I’ve decided to bring her to Paris, every girl’s dream location. When I got home early that day, I could hear humming of music and the sizzling of the pan. I quietly closed the door behind me and set down my bag before heading to the kitchen. I popped my head into the kitchen.

“HI.” I said and she jumped slightly before turning to look at me.

“You scared me. Why are you home so early today?” She asked since it was barely 5pm.

“I have a surprise for you.” I grinned.

End of Donghae’s POV

Soobin’s POV

Donghae was practically grinning from ear to ear. Something happy must have happened, allowing him to come home so early and to be smiling like this.

“For me?” I asked since from the time we got married, he didn’t buy anything for me. Even when I was in Taiwan with him, he hasn’t done anything.

“Yup.” He said and pulled out a blue piece of paper. I looked at it as it says ‘ 10 day 9 night trip to your dream location PARIS’

I double read what it wrote before looking at him as he just smiled. Does this means that we are going to Paris? It cannot be. He is so busy with work and he’s practically a workaholic. How would he spend time with me, someone whom he’s forced to married and go to Paris for 10 days? It’s impossible.

“This is…” I trailed and looked at him.

“We’re going to Paris.” He said calmly. We’re really going to Paris? It has been my dream to go to Paris but I have never told him that. How could he know?

As I went back to cooking and Donghae went to take a shower, I cannot seem to fit the pieces of the puzzle. It seems so strange. Why was he so nice all of a sudden? We barely had any contact recently before the fainting incident and he was forever busy with work.

During Dinner, Donghae was as usual, eating while looking through his documents. I have wanted to tell him in regards to my job interview which I have been called for.

“Donghae..” I called softly before he closed his file and looked at me.

“I’ve been called for the interview at National Taiwan University. It’s scheduled for Tuesday.” I said as he nodded his head.

“I believe you’ll get it. You don’t have to worry. You’re so smart.” He smiled as he continued eating.

I felt my face getting hot when he said that. His smile is just so charming. I used to think he was the kind of guy who will marry me in order to fulfill his Father’s death wish, but I guess it was wrong. Maybe he does care.

“You take a rest. I’ll wash the dishes.” He said as we were about to leave the table.

“But…” However, he didn’t allow me to finish.

“No buts. You’re still a little sick and I don’t want your cold to get any worse.” He said before pushing me out of the kitchen. I sat down on the couch and the television before finding Donghae walking towards me with my medicine. How I wish he would have forgotten. He stood there till I finished before he went to wash the dishes. As I was feeling full and the medicine made me even sleepier, I dozed off while watching the television.

 When I woke up, I found myself tucked in bed with the blanket around me, keeping me warm. Looking at the time, it was a little pass midnight. However, the other side of the bed was still empty. I guess Donghae is up working again.

“Donghae.” I called before he snapped his head to look at me.

“Why are you up? Go take a rest. It’s already so late.” He nagged.

“You should go to bed. As you yourself said, it’s already so late.” I said as he scratched his head awkwardly.

“I’m going after I finish this report.” He said, wanting to go back, but I stopped him.

“Finishing the report means not getting sleep. You shouldn’t tire yourself like this. It’s bad for you health.” I said, saving his documents and turning off his laptop. He looked a bit unwilling to leave, but he know it’s for his own good. That night, I felt safe, knowing he’s on the other side of the bed.

The next day, I went to tell Hyukjae the good news and he was happy for me. Not to mention, his business was getting better and better by the day and now he has totally no time to relax as there will be customers coming in all day.

Knowing Hyukjae will be busy in the meantime, I went to the mall to get myself a suit. Since I’m going for an interview in 2 days time, I need to get a suit for the interview. Looking around the mall, I got to a shop where their clothes are totally Korean style. I know it would not be cheap but nothing else look more appealing to the items in their shop.

Even though I have suits, but I might have grown out of most of them and they have not been touched for a long time not to mention it might still be on it’s way to Taiwan.

I came upon a beige suit which totally caught my attention. However, the price was a tad bit too expensive. Now I’m no longer living alone, allowing me to spend my money on things like clothes and food. I should call Donghae and ask.

“Hello.” He answered.

“It’s me.”

“Is Something wrong?” he asked, his voice smooth and deep.

“I want to buy a suit but it’s quite expensive so I’m thinking maybe I can discuss with you about it.” I said, finding it awkward on the phrasing.

“Just buy. I know you need one.” He said.

“Alright. I’ll hang up now.” I said before hanging.

Finally when I made up my mind, I bought it and went home, not wanting to spend anymore money on unnecessary things.  

When I got home, I quickly whipped up a meal before Donghae gets back. He must be tired after a long day of work so I should do things quickly so he doesn’t have to waste time waiting for me.

Donghae was never home all the time. He works from Monday to Friday, but he always had to go back to work on Weekends, which means I don’t get to see him most of the time. However, I couldn’t blame him since he was working for a prestigious company and I’m current jobless.

I heard from the old lady next door when I was not yet living with him, she barely see him around but now he’s home earlier. I guess his job is really busy since he barely had time to go back to Korea to Visit his mother.

Close to 8pm, I heard the door closing and found Donghae home. He looked tired. Sometimes, I really hope he could be less stressed up with work. AS he headed into the shower, I heated up the vegetables. As I set the table, I realized Donghae really is getting more stressed up. 

“You have not eaten?” Donghae asked as I took the seat opposite him.

“Not yet. I wanted to wait for you.” I said, trying to hide my blush.

“Soobin-ah, next time, Don’t wait for me. I never know what time I’ll be home. If you want to wait, give me a call and I’ll try to be home earlier ok?” He spoke to me gently as I nodded my head. He picked up his chopsticks as we ate in silence.

As I picked up my chopsticks, I looked up at him and gasp, I could feel my tears threatening to fall, How could this happen?