Marriage

Willing Promise

 

Soobin’s POV

After the wedding, my whole body felt like it was breaking. My feet hurt so much that I hope I don’t have to walk anymore. But, now I’m no longer on my own, but I’m someone’s wife. I cannot just think of myself.

When we got to the suite, I gasped in awe. It was so beautiful. We could see the night view. It was amazing. When I got into the bedroom, Donghae was holding onto a card and he read it out loud.

‘Congratulations! The both of you are now officially married. Please take good care of each other and don’t forget, make us grandchildren. – Love, your parents

I blushed at the last part. I had totally forgot about the wedding night. I excused myself to shower before filling the tub for Donghae to take a bath. I’m sure he must be tired too. He had to entertain all of the guests today. It must have been hard on him.

When I got out of the bathroom, I saw Donghae lying on the couch fast asleep. Even though I didn’t want to wake him up, I have to. He has to change out of those uncomfortable clothes. When he woke up, I helped him with his blazer and his vest before he went to shower.

Since I had nothing to do, I watched some television. After Donghae came out of the shower, I wanted to give him a massage, Even though I really wanted to sit, but I have to also take care of Donghae. However, before I was able to do much, he told me to sit down and he massaged my leg. Whichever place he pressed, it was so painful. My legs were so numb from the pain that I myself didn’t realize it.

When Donghae was done, I had wanted to drink some water. As I was about to reach the kitchen, I was swept off my feet and I saw Donghae carrying me into the bedroom. What was he trying to do?

He got me a glass of water as I sat on the bed. This was supposed to be my job to take water for him, not the other way round. What a bad wife I am. As he was about to walk out o the room, I asked him.

“Where are you going?”

“I’ll sleep on the couch.” He said as he grabbed a pillow and a comforter from the cupboard.

“You’ll hurt your back.” I said but he just shook his head and wanted to walk out. I wanted to go after him, but as I set my foot down on the floor and wanted to go after him, my feet gave way and I fell on the floor.

“Are you alright?” Donghae came to my side. I nodded my head but when I stood up straight, my ankle hurt, I guess I sprained it. I sat on the bed as Donghae tucked me in.

“Have a good rest.” He said. As he turned around, I grabbed his hand.

“Just sleep here. We’re already married. It’s ok to sleep on the same bed.” I said. He looked at me for a while before nodding his head.

In the night, I couldn’t help but feel cold because the air con was too cold and I was wearing shorts. I didn’t dare to get out of the bed because I’m afraid I’ll wake Donghae. I just covered myself with the blanket more, but it didn’t work. It was then I felt a warm presence behind me, pulling me towards him. I wanted to say something, but he beat me to it.

“shhhhh… Just sleep.” He said. I guess he was tired.

However, it was indeed not cold anymore. He was really warm and in no time, I fell asleep in his embrace.

The next morning, I woke up with the sunlight shining on my face. I opened my eyes to find Donghae not sleeping anymore. I set my foot on the floor and limped out of the bedroom to fine Donghae setting the table.

“You’re up.” Donghae smiled at me. The first thing I see him doing was smiling at me. I’m just happy that I can see this smile often.

AS we had breakfast, we were totally silent like how we always are. This really has to change.

“When are we going back to taiwan?” I asked.

“10 days later, which is next Thursday, Is your leg feeling better?” He asked.

“I think I might have sprained it when I fell.” I said as he came to me and looked at my leg to see it slightly swollen.

“Let’s go to the doctor later.” I nodded my head.

Donghae drove me to my house and left my luggage and his luggage in my house before we went to the hospital. While waiting for our turn, Donghae said something unexpected.

“Let us go on a date for the next 10 days.”

“Date?”

“Yea. Date. I don’t think I have much time to spend with you when we’re back in Taiwan so why not we use this time to get to know each other?” He said.

“But with my leg like this I don’t think we can go anywhere.” I said.

“How about tomorrow we just drive around, see the scenery and talk? We should first get to know each other. Right?” He smiled and when I was about to answer, our number was called.

The doctor said that I just have a slight sprain and it will be fine in a few days time.

Donghae then sent me home to see that both my parents were gone. HE decided to stay till my parents came back in case anything happened to me, he’ll be here.

“What was your life like before all these happened?” He asked as we sat in the living room with no sound at all.

“I just graduated so I was intending to rest for a while before looking for a job then my parents broke the news to me.” I said.

“Have you wondered what kind of person I was like before meeting me?”

“I did think of it. You were out of my expectation.”

End of Soobin’s POV

Donghae’s POV

“I did think of it. You were out of my expectation.” Soobin said. Out of her expectation? I shall think positively about it.

“What kind of person did you think I was like?” I was curious.

“I had thought you’ll be those kind of serious looking man who never smiles and was fierce and very chauvinist. But you weren’t any of these. I only found you to be very serious when I met you but it turned out well. ” She then chuckled at her own statement.

“Then what kind of person do you think I am?” I asked

 “ You’re serious at certain things, you smile a lot and you’re not chauvinist at all.” She smiled. I start to like to see her when she’s smiling.

“Do you have any Korean food which you like? I can make use of the time in Korea to learn so that in Taiwan I can cook for you.” She said.

“I’m ok. Your cooking is enough.” I said.

That night, I got to know her more. When my father and Mother in law came back I wanted to go home, but they said that my Omma went to Mokpo to do something so I’ll have to stay here because I don’t have my keys.

“You can sleep with Soobin since the guest room hasn’t been used for a long time.” Omoni said.

“Omma.” She exclaimed.

“You’re already married it’s ok to sleep in one room. You’re suppose to make us grandchildren remember.” Omoni said cheekily.

“OMMA!” She exclaimed even louder this time and her face was red. I just laughed. She then hit me lightly on the arm and I stopped.

When I got into her room, it was neat and spacious. I then realized on her table there were many books in regards to language.

“Didn’t you major in Chinese?” I asked.

“Oh yeah. But I sub-major in Japanese and I took English classes outside.” She said.

“Won’t that cost a lot?” I asked.

“I used to teach Dance or piano to earn money so I get by.” I was extremely shocked. She took Chinese, English and Japanese while teaching Dance and Piano. What doesn’t she know how to do?

“Isn’t it tiring?” I asked.

“I think the fun about school life is when you cramp yourself with school work and yet wanting to go out and play. I never study till the exams are near so I get by.” She laughed.

AS we talked, she helped me to unpack my things and took out a set of clean clothes for me. No wonder she was always so organized. It was because she was always busy so she has to be very organized.

“You must be tired. Go take a shower.” She said as I went to take a shower as she continued to unpack out luggages.

When I came out, she went into the shower, I then took a look at her books. Her books were filled with her scribbled notes and in the books, there were also her own hand written notes. She must be really hardworking to be an honor student.

When she came out of the shower, I wonder how we’re to sleep tonight. Are we going to sleep on the same bed again? I don’t know if she’ll be comfortable with it. When she climbed onto the bed, she pat the space beside her.

“If my parents come in and find us sleeping separately they will definitely suspect.” She said and I climbed onto the bed.

Today I’m more nervous as compared to yesterday. Due to alcohol yesterday, I was more relaxed, but today I was wide awake, knowing what I was doing.

“I know you won’t do anything. Let’s just sleep.” She pleaded and I just threw away all my thoughts and went to sleep.

The next morning when I woke up, I opened my eyes to have Soobin’s face inches away from mine with us hugging each other. This was the first time I’m seeing her up close. Her skin was fair and her hair fell softly on the side of her face. I’m really lucky to have such a kind, gentle and beautiful wife.

I didn’t realize I was staring at her for so long until her eyes fluttered open. When she saw my face so close to hers, she backed away from me, pushing her hair behind her ears. Without saying a word, she went into the toilet.

Why do I feel my heart thumping so fast in my chest? Don’t tell me….

After Soobin came out from the toilet, she went immediately to the dining room while I wash up and went there to join her. Throughout the morning, we did not exchange a single word. When I wanted to talk to her, she would avoid me and do something else. It feels like she doesn’t like me at all ask compared to when we laughed at the most stupid things.

I had taken extra days off to get to know her but she spends most of her time learning how to cook and packing her things. When she was done with packing her things, I’ve then decided that we should return earlier since there are quite some things we have to settle in Taiwan.

“We’ll go to Taiwan to find you if we can.” Soobin’s Omma hugged her as we were going into the departure gates.

“I’ll miss you.” She said as tears streamed down her face.

“Take good care of my daughter.” Her Appa told me as I nodded my head, my eyes never leaving hers.

As we walked into the gates, we’re now alone and this is where our journey be