Sick

Willing Promise

 

Soobin’s POV

I did not realize till today that Donghae had really bad eye bags below his eyes. There were times when I came out of my room to get a glass of water, I saw Donghae still had his lights . That would be around 1 or 2am.

“Let’s go.” His voice made me wake up from my thoughts.

When we walked out of the office, I saw the ladies pointing fingers at us and whispering to each other. Which passing a pair of ladies, I heard them whispering. ‘Is she manager’s girlfriend?’ ‘does it mean we have no chance?’ questions like that. I do not deny that Donghae is good looking, so it was not really surprising that female workers would like him.

“Ever since you came to Taiwan, this is the first time we are actually having a meal together.” Donghae said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

“It’s ok. You’re busy with work most of the time. I don’t want to be a bother to you.” I said as we made our way to his car.

“On occasion maybe we can have lunch together like this. We have to get to know each other more before getting married.” He said with a small smile.

After that day, Donghae was even busier. He was normally never back for Dinner and I only got to see him in the morning and his health seem to not be really good. Until one day, he did not walk out of his room as usual while I was still preparing breakfast. I went to his room to see him still lying on the bed. I walked towards him, wanting to wake him up when I realized he was sweating profusely and when I touched his forehead, he was burning. I shook him slightly before he opened his eyes slowly.

“What time is it?” He asked with his voice all hoarse.

“It’s 7am, but you’re sick. You’re running a fever. I think you have to call in sick today.” I said, but he pushed himself out of bed, wanting to stand up, but he was too weak.

“Donghae, please rest.” I said before he lay back down on his bed. I then went to take a basin of water to try to cool his fever by soaking a towel with water.

“I’ll cook you some porridge so you can take some medicine.” I said as he nodded weakly.

After taking the porridge, he took the medicine and went back to sleep. Seeing him in this state, I realized that he will always fall sick at the rate he works. I then called my parents in Korea.

“Omma, can you send me red ginseng drink?” I asked before telling Omma what happened.

“Aigoo. He needs to eat more healthy.” She said before we had a little chat and hung up. I went to Donghae’s room and changed his towel so that his fever will subside quickly.

I sat on the chair by his bed so that I can change his towel frequently without having to walk around too much. However, while he was sleeping, he kept murmuring ‘Omma, Omma’ I guess when everyone is sick, they would really want their Omma to be by them and take care of them.

Without realizing, I fell asleep while reading my book and taking care of Donghae. When I woke up, I saw Donghae not on the bed anymore. I walked out of his room and went to check the house and found him in the living room, watching television.

“You’re awake. I saw that you were sleeping so soundly so I decided not to wake you up. you muct be tired taking care of me all day.” He smiled. I then realized it was already dark.

“I’ll go make dinner. You must be hungry.” I wanted to walk away when he held onto my wrist.

“You’re here in Taiwan to not be my maid but to have a better relationship with me. We’ll go out for dinner today.” He said.

“But you’re not feeling well.” I said.

“It’s alright. I’m feeling much better. Since I have time today, we can go walk around the night markets.” He smiled before going into his room to change. I had no choice but to change also.

For the first time, I’m seeing him in casual clothing, t-shirt and jeans. He drove us to a small Chinese restaurant and we had dinner there. During Dinner, I got to know him more and we laughed every here and there.

“Are you alright?” I said as Donghae coughed every once in a while while driving.

“I’m fine.” He said but I think it’s better if we go home to rest since at the night market there would be a lot of people and smoke.

“Can we go back? I’m tired.” I said, hoping he would go home since he wouldn’t go home if I asked him to.

“Alright.” He smiled. However, on our way home, we got stuck in traffic and Donghae is coughing to an extend that he cannot stop. I then got down the car to the 7-eleven to grab some water for Donghae.

“Here.” I passed it to him.

He gulped the water down his throat and he stopped coughing.

“Are you used to the life here?” he ask with his eyes still fixed on the road.

“I guess so. Since all I do is go shopping and staying at home.” I said since it was true.

“I’m sorry I cannot spend more time with you.” He said.

“It’s alright. I know you’re busy too. I’m here to be your wife not someone who brings more trouble. You don’t have to worry about me. I’ll be used in no time.” I smiled at him, not wanting him to feel too bad for what I said.

After Donghae got better, he went to work as usual. However, since I had enough of shopping and looking around on my own, I’ve decided to keep a look out for jobs which I may take some interest in and maybe apply for jobs in that field when I come back.

However, I also spend most of my time cooking. I bought a few recipe books and tried to cook new dishes which I do not know how to cook because now I no longer feed myself but I also have to feed my husband to be and I realized he really likes Chicken, xiao long bao and bubble tea.

On occasion, I would be in time to make him lunch and sent it to his office and most of the time when I’m in his office, he was the only one left and he buried himself with work. There was once when I cleaned his study room and found his drawer with gastric pills and it was then I found out he doesn’t eat his meals on time.

Most of the time when I go to his office, he would get caught red handed for not eating lunch again. After since he got sick, I took more care of his health.

“Donghae.” I knocked on his door as he looked up from his computer.

“You’re not eating lunch again?” I said as he just smiled at me with a guilty look.

“I told my secretary to take away for me.” He said but his eyes were shifting around like a little boy who just lied and got caught.

“I brought your favourite Xiao long bao. I don’t know if it’s nice.” I said before he beamed at the word ‘Xiao Long Bao’ I set the lunch box in front of him. As he took a bit, his eyes were practically glowing.

“This is really good.” He said as he stared stuffing it into his mouth like someone is going to snatch it with him.

“Eat it slowly. No one is fighting with you for it.” I said before he stopped eat.

“You’re not eating?” He asked.

“I’ll eat when I get home. I haven’t ensure you eat before I can eat in peace.”I said before he pushed the box to me.

“You’ll go hungry.” He said but I just smiled at him.

“You have to finish before it gets cold and it would be nice anymore.” I said before he continued eating again.

“Oh. I forgot. Omma said that I’ll have to go back next week to prepare. So she asked me to tell you to book a ticket for me to go back to Korea next week while you book for yourself one for the week after.” I said and he stopped eating.

“It’s already 3 months?” He asked as I nodded my head. I couldn’t believe it myself as well when Omma told me about it. I realized Donghae and I didn’t really get to know each other much.

“Omma also told you to take time off next Monday so that we can take our wedding Photos in Taiwan. As she already contacted a wedding planner and they’ve planned everything so we just go to the shop which she specified.” I said and Donghae nodded his head.

After that it was silent as Donghae ate his lunch. When I heard him closing the lunch box, I realized he finished eating.

“I’ll go back now.”I said. But before I left, he told me he won’t be home for dinner as he has a client event to go to. I nodded my head before heading home. I guess I’ll be home alone again. I guess I have to get use to this life.

When Monday came, Donghae took the day off so that we can take our time for the photoshoot and the choosing of our outfits.

I spent almost half of the day in choosing the wedding gowns. All of them were so nice and Donghae wasn’t really of any help since he said all were nice. But luckily the photoshoot I can use more than 1 gown and there was also a concept so I could narrow my choices more. In the end I chose 3 gowns and the rest were decided by the photographer.

http://aloveaffair.com.sg/images/Gowns/Fullskirt-Ballerina/large/11.png

http://aloveaffair.com.sg/images/Gowns/Column-Empireline/large/15.png

http://aloveaffair.com.sg/images/Gowns/Aline-Princess/large/14.png

We went to a few places to take our wedding picture as well as we took some in the studio itself. However, since we were not really very close we were awkward at first, but because Donghae was the more childlike type, he heighten the mood really quickly and the pictures turned out more natural.

Due to the bridal shop had connection with a Korean Bridal shop, they had Fusion Hanboks. I had always wanted to wear one.

http://moranbp.com/front/php/image_zoom.php?product_no=860&main_cate_no=62&display_group=1

Even though the day was tiring, I had quite a lot of fun. The pictures were really amazing. I could never imagine myself for turning out like in those photos. It was amazing. Donghae the brought me to a Fine Korean dining restaurant. Saying that I had always cooked Korean food and I must be really tired so he brought me here to enjoy myself.

I was leaving in 2 days and this is the first time Donghae brought me out to eat not for other reasons but simply because he wanted me to enjoy myself and have a meal with me.

“You’re leaving in 2 days right?” He asked and I nodded my head.

“I’ll cook some food and keep in the fridge. When you’re hungry you can just heat it up and eat.” I said and he nodded his head. This was the first time I saw him so upset.

“How do you think we will be after we get married?” He asked during the meal.

“I don’t know. Maybe the same?” I said. Even though I know if we remain in the same state, our marriage will really be very fake.