Lunch

Willing Promise

 

Note: When there is (Chinese). The conversation will be in chinese unless I have (Engish) or (Korean)

Soobin’s POV

When I woke up in the morning, I realized I’m no longer in my own home, Korea. I’m now in Taiwan with my future husband to be. I did not know what I could do so I thought that maybe making him breakfast might be the best thing to do right now.

After breakfast, Donghae went to work and I cannot help but think that we are really very awkward. It was barely 10 in the morning and I have no idea what to do. I walked around the house to find it quite dusty, so I’ve decided to thoroughly clean the house. From cupboards to shelf, I cleaned everywhere till it was all clean. Looking at the clock, I realized really not much time have passed.

I cooked myself a quick lunch and cannot help but to notice that in his refrigerator, there was nothing much left. I wanted to make some kimchi, but I realized if I left the house, I would not be able to come back anymore since I didn’t have the key or the passcode to the lock. However, from the corner of my eye, I saw a keycard by the phone and on it was a note. ‘This is the key to the house. – Donghae.’ I jumped in joy before c hanging and going to the nearest mart.

I was lucky that my Dad had prepared for me Taiwan money. Even though I’m here to get to know him, it’s not nice if I totally live on him for the next 3 months. I walked into the supermarket near his house and realized that there were many supply which I needed. I carried them back and started making kimchi and side dishes.

By 5pm, I was all done. Then I thought it was the right time to start making dinner. I took out the food which Omma told me to bring. There consist of different types of Kimchi, bean paste and chili paste. I didn’t really know what Donghae liked to eat so I made Kimchi chigae.

After making dinner, I looked at the clock and it was already 7pm. I cannot help but admit I was exhausted. I went over to the sofa and lay down, telling myself I would just close my eyes and rest, but it turned out to be a long nap.

End of Soobin’s POV

Donghae’s POV

After a long Day of work, I finally could go home. I had a last minute emergency meeting that lasted till 8pm. I opened the door to find the lights were . I then remembered about Soobin. I smacked my head since I totally forgot that she’s here. I went around the rooms but I didn’t see her, but I saw the dinner set on the table. Where could she have gone to?

I then heard muffled voice from the living room and realized she was sleeping on the sofa. She must have been worn out. I took out a blanket from the cupboard and placed it around her, but it caused her to wake up.

“You’re home. I’m sorry I fell asleep. Are you hungry? I’ll heat up the food for you.” She said.

“You yourself have not eaten right?” I asked since I saw 2 bowls set on the table. She shook her head before she went to the kitchen to reheat the food.

Dinner was the same as breakfast. However, I realized that the house seems clean.

“You cleaned the house?” I asked and she nodded her head.

After dinner, I opened the fridge, wanting to get fruit juice, I realized the fridge was filled with Kimchi and side dishes. I looked at Soobin as she washed the dishes and yawned. No wonder she looked so tired. She practically did everything today. I walked towards her and turned off the water.

“I’ll do it. You go and take a rest. You must e tired from doing so many things.” I said. She was about to say something, but she nodded her head and greeted me goodnight before going into her room. I had thought that she might go to and do some shopping or walk around, but she cleaned my whole house and made food. She’s really a very nice girl.

The next morning, I woke up and saw breakfast on the table with her making coffee.

“You should rest more. I can manage breakfast.” I said.

“It’s ok. I wake up around this time every morning to exercise, but I don’t know this place well enough so I use t to make breakfast.” She said.

When I was leaving, she was no where to be found. I guess she might be showering, so I wrote her a note and left her some money so she can use it to buy things if she’s going out today.

End of Donghae’s POV

When I came out of the toilet, Donghae had already left for work. I looked at the dining table to find a note and money.

‘XXX-XXXX-XXX This is my phone number so you can call me if you need anything and you can use to money for your shopping. – Donghae’

I changed my clothes and dried my hair before packing and leaving the house. However, when I’m leaving, I met the old lady next door and she greeted me.

“Annyeonghasaeyo” She greeted me. I smiled at her

“(Chinese) Hello, nice to meet you.” I said and she looked a little shocked.

“Your Chinese is really good.” She said.

“Thank you.”

“You live with Donghae sshi?” She asked me.

“After 3 months I will be going back to Korea.”

“You’re his sister? He didn’t tell me he had such a beautiful and smart sister.” She praised.

“I’m his friend.” I replied her and she laughed at herself.

“Ok. I shall not disturb you anymore. I’ll see you soon.” She said as I greeted her before leaving. I should have greeted her the first thing yesterday. Maybe later I can give her some food as a form of greeting.

I went to the nearest tourist hotspot, Taipei 101. There was not much people and I walked around, but actually there was nothing much to see, so I decided to go to Shilin. But it was quite a long way so I decided to read a book which I’ve brought.

However, there were quite a lot of men in their 20’s who were also in the train cabin and they kept looking at me and whispering. Then one came over to me and spoke in very very horrible English

“(Chinese) Please respect yourself and don’t disgrace yourself.” I said and he widen his eyes in shock.

“Aren’t you Korean?” He asked.

“Yes but it doesn’t mean Korean ladies are good to bully.” I said before went back to his friend and they got down at the next stop.

When I got to Shilin, I filled my stomach with Food since I’m so hungry. From the guide, they introduced their popular food and indeed it was nice. Maybe I can buy some back for Donghae since he seem like he was always busy with work.

After I was full, I went to the road opposite shilin and did some clothes shopping. I didn’t realize that actually I had bought a lot of them since they were nice but it was really similar to those from Korea so I guess it would be ok.

After buying close to 10 bags, I went back to the food market and bought some food which can keep for a few hours back for Donghae. Since I bought so much things, I don’t think I can afford to take the train. I took a taxi and hope I won’t reach home too late or I won’t make it in time to cook.

When I reached home, it was close to 7. I was glad I bought some food so I can cook a simple meal of bean paste soup with some potatos and Seafood pancakes. When I came out of the shower, Dongae just came back.

He took off his blazer and tie. I took his bag for him and placed it on the chair.

“Did you go out today?” He asked me. And I nodded my head.

“I bought some food from Shilin. I thought maybe you might not have time to go there.” I said and he looked at the table and he widened his eyes.

“Actually I Missed all these food. I was too busy to go there. Thank you” He smiled for the first time.

“When you want to eat I can get it for you since there’s nothing much to do in the house most of the time.” I said and he nodded his head.

Even though he didn’t tell me which one was his favourite, I could tell. He liked 大肠包小肠 (sauage wrapped with glutinous rice), milk tea and Ai-Yu jelly.

After a week in Taiwan, Donghae got me a Taiwan phone and sim card so it would be more convenient for me.

After coming to Taiwan for close to 2 weeks, I realized that I’m starting to not have anything to do anymore. What was worst was that my point of coming to Taiwan is so that Donghae and I could be closer to each other and we would not feel so awkward even if we’re married. However, I still feel awkward around him.

Today, I’ve decided to stay at home and rest. However, that thought was smashed into pieces after I’ve received a call.

“(Chinese) Hello?” I answered.

“(Korean) Soobin, can you do me a favour?” It as Donghae.

“I’ll try my best.” I said since I was unsure what he wants me to do.

“I left a very important document on my study desk in my room. Can you bring it over for me?” He asked.

“Ok. Where is your office located at?” I asked since I have no idea where it was and how to get there.

“It is at Taipei Main station if you take the train. However, you just take a taxi and tell the driver to drop you at the blue office building opposite the station. I’ll inform the front desk that you’re coming so they’ll give you a pass. You come up to the 13th floor and ask the lady for my office.” He said and I tried to absorb what he said.

“Ok. “ I said.

“Please hurry.” He said with a more anxious voice before hanging up.

I quickly changed my clothes before grabbing all the necessary items and go down to hail a cab. I was glad the driver knew which building I was talking about and he drove there as quickly as he can seeing I was in a rush.

When I got to his office, everything went as he said. I got a pass and went to take the lift to the 13th floor. When I got out of the lift, I asked the lady behind the counter for Donghae’s office

“(Chinese)You are?” she asked.

“Donghae told me to bring for him an important document of his.” I said and her expression changed into more of a scowl before she pushed a few buttons on the phone, waiting for an answer.

“Manager, a lady is looking for you with a said important document you have asked for. Ok. Ok…. I got it…” After she hung up the phone, she stood up unwillingly and walking quickly in her killer heels. AS I followed her, the tables I pass, the eyes would follow me and it was really uncomfortable.

She stopped in front of a glass door which has the name plate “ 李东海行政经理” ( Lee Donghae Executive Manager)

She gestured me to go in before closing the door behind me. Donghae came to me and I passed him the document.

“Sorry to make you come all the way here. You must have not had lunch. You wait for me for a moment. I’ll bring you to lunch.” Donghae said as I nodded my head and sat on the couch looking around. His office was neat but there were so many paper work on his table.