Test

Willing Promise

Soobin’s POV

Donghae and I walked in Silence to the mall nearby our house which Donghae called it. Donghae held onto my hand gently as we walked side by side. Donghae and I went to have dinner together, but what he said just made me sad.

“… if you still want me that is…”

I still want him as my husband and I love him, but I don’t know what’s pulling me back. We got seated at a western restaurant and Donghae ordered food for me. It was as if he knew me well and ordered all the food which I find pleasing now. When the appetizers came, even though I’m hungry, I can’t seem to want to eat them. I was just fiddling them with my fork. Donghae looked at me and my food.

“You don’t like it?” He asked me.

“No, it’s just that I’m thinking of something.”

He reached out his hand to hold onto mine gently. When I looked up at him, he gave me a gentle look to make my heart melt all over again. When the main course came, I had more appetite. I looked at Donghae and saw that his face had slim down a lot from the last time I saw him. I couldn’t really finish my food so I gave him some, hoping he can eat more so that the flesh on his face would return.

When dinner was over, he held onto my hand again as we walked on the bustling street of Korea. Seeing couples walking together, smiling, laughing and enjoying themselves, I feel so out  of place with Donghae.

“Donghae, would you let me go back to Taiwan with you?” I asked, hoping he gets the hint. He stopped in his tracks and looked at me, wide eyed.

“You won’t leave me?” He asked.

“What did I ever say I would?” I said, smiling at him and he smiled a full megawatt smile and hug me by the waist, spinning me around in the middle of the street.

“Donghae! Put me down!” I exclaimed as he laughed and turn and turn. When he finally put me down, I realize we caught attention of many people. I flushed as he kissed me on the lips and I heard applause from the passer bys. I flushed even deeper red before Donghae held onto my hand and we carried on walking. How can he act like nothing had just happened?

“Where are you staying now?” He asked me.

“With Haemin at XXX apartment.” I said.

“I guess you have bothered Haemin enough. Come stay with me.” He said sincerely. I nodded my head since I also think I have bothered Haemin long enough. I had actually wanted to discuss with Haemin before making the decision, but I know I couldn’t bear to leave him and he had done so much in the last few hours to make me feel alive as compared to the past month.

Donghae and I went to Haemin’s house. I totally forgot to tell Haemin I would be out and she opened the door with such a flustered look on her face. She pulled me into a hug, telling me how worried she was when she found the house empty and when she called, my phone was turned off. She thought I had went to attempt suicide. When she saw Donghae by my side, her look turned into a scowl.

“Haemin.” I said as she dropped the look and we both went into the house. I got Donghae a cup of water as Donghae sat uncomfortably on the couch with Haemin burning holes in him.

“I guess you’ve forgiven him since he’s here.” Haemin said, looking at me in a different way as compared to Donghae.

“I have. I can’t stay too mad at him for long.” I said and smiled at him.

“You do know how much she suffered when she first came to me. You broke her into pieces.” Haemin said and this time she was talking to him.

“I know. It’s my fault. I shouldn’t have been so irrational.” He said as he held onto my hand.

“I really wanted to slice you into pieces when she told me everything. If you ever make her feel that way, or I ever see her the way I saw her that day, Don’t ever think of having her back. I will tell ahjumma about you and Ahjusshi will kill you.” Haemin said and Donghae nodded meekly.

“Do you want to stay here for the night?” Haemin asked. She knew me too well.

“I’m going to Donghae’s place. I bothered you for far too long. I’ll treat you for lunch or dinner sometime.” I said and she nodded before giving me a hug. Haemin is truly a good friend. Donghae helped me pack my things and we left. I waved Haemin goodbye as she smiled at me, giving me the please be happy look.

“You have a great friend.” Donghae said. I just smiled as he held on my hand with one hand and pulled my luggage with the other hand.

When we got to Donghae’ hotel room, it was really neat. His things were placed nicely and his clothes were well organized. I saw the do not disturb tag on his door meaning he did this on his own. He placed my things nicely.

“We’ll go back to Taiwan in a few days then we’ll move here. I think you have to rest till you deliver. You can stay with your Omma if you want. I won’t object to it.” He said.

“We’ll see how. When we come back, we can let our parents know.” I said as I placed my hand on my stomach.

“They would be delighted.” He said as he placed his hand on top of mine, as if feeling the child.

That night, once again we slept together on one bed, but no longer apart. I slept in Donghae’s warm embrace. He hummed a soft lullaby by my ears, his beautiful voice made me fall in love with him more and he make me feel once again alive and loved.

The next day, Donghae and I went out to settle our air tickets before walking around Seoul. After dinner, we went back to the hotel. It will be the last night Donghae and I will be staying here since we’ll be moving our things to our house.

The next day, Donghae and I had dinner together with the rest of the girls. Donghae had suggested that we had dinner together. However, I know he will have a hard time with them, especially after they know what had happened he will surely get a piece of all their minds and they are really shrewed when they need to be. Even I can’t save him then. However, he insisted.

After leaving the hotel and moving our things, we made our way to the meeting venue and just by the meeting venue itself, I now Donghae would be screwed. It was not those high class restaurants where everyone eats gently and talks gently. It’s a barbeque restaurant where everyone talks loudly and laughs loudly. They are so going to scream at him.

One by one, they arrived. First was Taeri, then Haemin then Hyuna. Taeri was more forgiving among all of us so she was on neutral ground, not taking sides. Next came Haemin and she already gave Donghae a piece of her mind, but judging from her personality, Donghae had already painted a black spot on his white paper. Donghae’s expression changed slightly when Haemin sat down. However, Taeri made small talk with him, trying to distract him while I shook my head at Haemin, but she just shrugged.

Lastly came Hyuna. She looks calm and composed, but Taeri and I know deep inside, that’s not how she feels. Hyuna was very concerned about all of us and she can come up with all kinds of way to torture you without you knowing.

At first, Dinner was calm. We talked about life, how we’ve been doing the past year. Donghae kept real quiet since he knows there will be a time for him to talk, so he just quietly barbequed the meat. I fed him at times as he gave me a reassuring squeeze on my hand. I too have became as nervous as he is.

When we’ve finished the food, it’s when all the torture began. Taeri went to the toilet but to be honest, she’s just escaping the tense situation.

“So, Donghae, I guess Soobin must have warned you about us.” Hyuna said, with a nice voice which makes it even scarier.

“You asked to meet us because you want us to teach you a lesson?” Haemin asked, trying to act blur for some reason.

“I know you are not happy with the way I treated her and am very thankful you agreed to meet me. Do anything you want. I’m at fault.” He said.

“Alright then. This meal is on you and we’re going to go drinking.” Hyuna said. It sounded so un-her. Is that all?

When Taeri came back, we paid and left to the next destination. The 3 of them walked in front of us and talked happily like how we’ve always been. I have actually never seen Donghae so nervous and maybe even a hint of scared?

“We can go home.” I said but he shook his head.

“I need to let them trust me again. Just one night. I can endure this one night for you. For our happiness.”

That night, it was the first time I see Donghae drinking and they are drowning him with alcohol. Cups after cups, from wine to alcohol to hard liquor to the extent that I don’t even know if he’s sober anymore. I looked at them and finally they stopped. He was so drunk that he was asleep. How was I going to bring him home?

The 4 of us ladies carried him to Haemin’s car before we drove to our new place. They looked in awe, but now is not the time for pre house warming. When we finally got him inside and under the covers, we were all panting. He was really heavy.

Since it was late and they had to work the next day, they all went home and I went to shower before looking after Donghae. He’ll definitely need some hang over medicine tomorrow. After confirming that he was fine, I myself went to bed too. Donghae did all this to receive acceptance from my friends. He actually did not have to do it, but he did it for my sake. Actually they didn’t hate him. They know as long as I’m happy, they would be happy for me.

The next morning, I woke up earlier to cook for Donghae hangover soup so that he would feel much better after drinking it. At close to 10am, I heard a groan from our room and I know he’s awake and is suffering from a major hangover. I helped him by massaging his temples to ease the throbbing. Even though it was still painful, he went out to drink the soup, hoping it would be better soon.

Our flight back to Taiwan was at 2am in the morning, so we still have the whole day to spare. We won’t be bringing anything back since we’re going to come back soon.

At the airport, with was slightly chilly due to the aircon. However, with Donghae’s arms around me, no matter how cold, from a soft autumn breeze to a blizzard, with Donghae around, I’ll be warm from the bottom of my heart.