Paris

Willing Promise

 

Nowadays, Donghae had always been working from home. Even though he’s busy, at least he’s more around than before. I had nothing much to do since our Paris trip is coming up. I had wanted to pack, but Donghae said there was nothing much to pack and insisted he does all the packing.

I was glad my Job is starting next month. I had close to one month before starting work. I was lazing around till somewhat close to lunch time as I cooked us some lunch. Trying out something new, I cooked with all my heart, hoping it’s good. I had never really made egg fried rice before. Even though the steps are easy, but in order to make it nice, it’s a lot of work.

“I know, I know. I’ll see to it… yes… yes…. I understand….” I heard Donghae on the phone as he always was. Actually he doesn’t seem really busy other than the times he was on the phone. He would be walking around the house, lazing around at some time. I guess maybe he should work at home more. So he won’t be that tired.

“Smells good.” I heard behind me and got a shock.

“You scared me.” I said as I went back to cooking in case I destroy this dish.

“Fried rice?” His tone was playful, curious.

“Trying out new things.” I said before he sat at the dining table, waiting for me. Donghae’s appetite has been improving since he worked at home. He can eat 2 person’s portion easily and get hungry in less than 5 hours. I wonder where does all his food go.

“Let’s go buy some clothes for the trip.” Donghae said as he pulled me up from the couch in the afternoon. He opened his closet and looked at me. He wants me to wear his clothes out? He must be joking.

“Pick something.” He said and looked at me seriously. He is serious about this. I took a t-shirt, a blazer and a pair of skinny jeans. He smiled before pushing me out of the room. What was that all about? I then went into my room and found clothes laid on the bed. He chose my outfit today and he wanted me to choose his. How cute.

While shopping, I stopped at a shop who sold couple items. From clothes to bags to shoes. I had really wanted to try out wearing like a couple shirt with my boyfriend. However, I didn’t have the chance. Now I’m married, I don’t think Donghae would like to do all these stuff. After all, he has reputation. I frowned a little to myself before walking out of the shop.

Donghae and I then caught a movie which was quite awkward. It was a reminisce movie night so they were airing films from the past and we watched ‘You are the apple of my eye’ Who was rated one of the highest amongst all the movies.

There were some scenes where couples kissed and the girl lay on her boyfriend’s shoulder while the both of us sat in the theater as stiff as wood blocks. Some scenes, I could not even look. It was just too awkward.

That night, we spend time with each other in silence, but one thing Donghae did made my heart thump faster. He held onto my hand the whole time, not letting it go.

“We’re going to PARIS” I was so excited as now we’re on our way to the airport. Donghae just laughed at my outbreak as he was mugging as if he’s taking a test. But his speed in picking up French was pretty fast.

As our flight to Paris was a long one, I fell asleep once we got onto the plane. When I woke up, I had my head on Donghae’s shoulder as he was still looking at his French book.

“You can sleep a little more. We still have about 4 more hours.” He said, eyes not leaving the book. I closed my eyes wanting to sleep, but I felt his hand pressing my head on his shoulders. He wants me to sleep better. Before drifting off to sleep, I heard a female voice and him asking for a blanket.

“Does your shoulder feel numb?” I asked him as we got off the plane. He shook his head, but I saw that he was constantly rubbing his shoulders.

Our first destination was the hotel. So that we can get ourselves used to the place and leave our luggage there. We are staying in L’ Hotel. To my surprise, Donghae had booked for us the Chic Bedroom which was huge.

We left our luggage and took a stroll nearby. Since we’ve had a long flight, we don’t have any programmes for today. Since I left the room without my gloves, my hands were freezing. It was turning colder as night time was approaching. I didn’t want Donghae to worry so I left my hands in my pockets. However, due to the cold, putting my hands in my pockets was not of any help.

“Come here.” I heard Donghae say. Before I could react in anyway, I felt Donghae pulling me closer and placed his glove on my left hand and he held my right hand, putting it into his pocket.  I looked at him, but his face was looking forward, as if nothing was going on.

We walked around for a while before heading back to the hotel. Since we had a long journey and tomorrow we’re starting early.

When we got back, we ordered room service since we were quite tired. After our dinner, Donghae asked me to go and take a shower. After I’m done, he went in. I decided to wait for Donghae to come out before heading to bed, so I took out a book and read. However, after close to half an hour, Donghae was not out yet. Getting slightly worried, I knocked on the door.

“Donghae….” I knocked but there was no sound, so I tried again.

“Donghae…” This time, the door opened. With Donghae Half , with a towel wrapping his lower body. Being shocked, he hid behind the door.

“I didn’t know you were here. I thought you were sleeping so I wanted to go and get my clothes.” He said since I was turned away from him. I went to his luggage, taking out a shirt and sleeping pant for him. I passed it to him before quickly scurrying away.

I realized that all the shirts I have in my luggage, Donghae has it as well. Don’t tell me….

“Soobin” I heard after a while to find Donghae’s head popped out from the door.

“Yes?” I asked since I had already gave him his clothes, why must he hid behind the door?

“You forgot to pass me something.” His face was flushed and he looked a little embarrassed. What did I forget? I took his shirt, pants and…. Oh wait. I went to his luggage, randomly took one and gave it to him. How must more awkward can this get?

When he came out of the bathroom, he sat on the other side of the bed, sitting still, not doing anything. I didn’t know what to do either. It was awkward and silent.

“Do you want to go to bed?” He asked.

“Are you tired?” I said at the same time and we turned to look at each other.

“I’m ok” He answered, but I can tell his shoulders are really tensed. I place down my book and asked him to turn his back to face me. He know what I wanted to do but he did not turn. I placed my hands on his shoulders and turned him around. His shoulders were tense and he has so many knots in his muscles.

When I was done, there was totally no movement from Donghae. I realized that he had fallen asleep. He must really be tired. I lay him down before shifting his body. Boy was he heavy. Pulling the quilt from beneath him, I covered over his body and placed the pillow under his head before going to the other side.

AS I lay down, the bed shifted and Donghae came closer to me. Before I drifted off to sleep, I can feel the heat from his body beside mine.

The next morning, when I woke up, Donghae’s arms was around me no wonder I felt warm. I had never really like Hotel quilts since it made me colder rather than warmer. Looking at the time, since it was still early, I drifted back to sleep.

When I woke up once again, Donghae was no longer around, however, I heard the sound of running water. Looking at the time, it seems like we don’t have time to go downstairs for Breakfast. I called us room service so that both of us can have more time to prepare.

When Donghae came out from the shower, I told him about breakfast before I went in and took a quick shower.

I like being with the relaxed Donghae more than the stressed up Donghae. He’s so carefree now, just like a little boy. He was always smiling unlike when I first met him, he was all serious and tense. Now, I felt that if instead of meeting him in that kind of situation, I see how he is now, maybe the first impression would not have been like now.

Since we’re in Paris, We went more of sightseeing. However, there were many people around sightseeing as well. Since we’re in a small tour, it wasn’t hard to maneuver around.

“Ok, you guys have 2 hours shopping time. We’ll meet back here at 1pm then we’ll go for lunch.” The guide said before we all spread out to do what we want to do. Donghae and I walked down the street and I saw this beautiful teddy bear at the window.

“It’s so cute.” I said and walked towards the display window. However, Donghae’s expression looked a little awkward. I then realized out of enthusiasm, I grabbed his arm and hooked mine around his. I wanted to let go, but he held onto my hand tight.

“Let’s get you that teddy bear.” He said, breaking the silence between us. However, I held him back and shook my head. It’s not worth getting such an expensive gift when it has not much practical use and it’s troublesome to bring around.

After debating with Donghae about the teddy bear, he finally let it go and we continued walking. We walked pass shops after shops and on Donghae’s hand, bags after bags. The things are too beautiful. Even though I like them, it was too expensive. However, Donghae didn’t feel the same and bought most of the things. After that, I didn’t dare to say anything.

“(Chinese)Her husband is so nice to her” some ladies in the same tour group said to their husband or boyfriends, causing much discomfort between the atmosphere. Donghae didn’t seem to mind it as much as I did.

“(Korean) Not feel well?” Donghae asked during lunch. I just shook my head and continued playing with my food.

I didn’t know how to tell Donghae how I feel about what he’s doing. I agree that it’s very sweet and nice of him to buy me all the things I like, but it’s a tad bit too extreme and we’re getting unwanted attention from other people in the tour group.

The rest of the day, I kept real quiet and I could tell Donghae seem very worried about it. He looked at me a few times and tried to assure me, but to be honest, He didn’t tackle the problems well. After a long day, we finally headed back into the hotel. I was so tired I just wanted to sleep and think about nothing else.

“I need to buy something from the convenience store below. I’ll be back soon. You take a shower first ok?” He said. Before I could answer him, he was out of the door. This gives me a bit of time to myself.