Throwback

Willing Promise

Soobin’s POV

When we got to my place, I left some of the presents we brought at my place before going over to Donghae’s place. One thing is that since he’s the male side, it’s better to go over to his place first to sit down and talk before coming to my place.

“Are you tired?” He asked me as took a cab to his place.

“I’m ok. We’ll get to rest when we’re done with greeting your parents and mine.” I said, trying to not show him that I’m starting to feel uncomfortable.

“Why don’t we stay at your parent’s house tonight? I don’t want you to tire yourself out too much.” He said and I just nodded my head. I closed my eyes, trying to block the nauseous feeling out of my body.

When we got to Donghae’s place, we greeted his mother and she looked at us with longing and love. She didn’t want us to stay too long she told us to go on to my place. Donghae had always say that her mother is a humble woman.

“Omoni, We’ll come visit you again.” I told her and she smile and nodded.

On the drive back to my parent’s house. I came up with an idea.

“Why don’t we bring your Mother to come stay with us?” I asked since she’s living alone and we have such a ridculously big house.

“She’s won’t agree to it. That house is where she and Appa lived all their life. She will want to stay there.” Donghae said and I decided to not pursue this matter anymore.

“Omoni, We’ll be staying here for the night. Soobin’s tired. We’ll move to our own place tomorrow morning.” Donghae told Omma and helped me back to the room which used to be my bedroom. It’s still clean and tidy like I’ve still been living here for the past year.

“Why don’t you rest and wash up? I’ll unpack the stuff. Tomorrow night we’ll go to some nice place for dinner with our parents and announce the good news to them. Ok?” He asked.

“Ok. Anything you want.” I smiled and gave him a kiss on his cheeks before going to shower.

When I was done, I found him asleep on the seat on my bay window. He himself must have been tired too. I was too caught up in myself to realize about him. When I placed my hand on his shoulder, he jolt awake. I smiled at him and gave him a kiss before leading him to the bathroom. I decided to wait for him while reading a book. However, since he’s a guy, his shower was so quick.

“You should sleep. You’re tired. You didn’t have to wait for me.” He slid on the bed by me. I smiled at him and gave him a message. Even though he stopped me at first, but he gave up and allowed me to continue. I guess he’s super tired as halfway through, he fell asleep and when I tucked him in, he didn’t wake up at all.

“Omma, Tonight we made dinner reservations so we’ll go for dinner together ok? We’ll come pick you up.” I said.

“We can go on our own. You guys don’t have a car it’s such a hassle.” Omma said.

“Omoni, don’t’ worry about the car. I ordered one online and I’m going to collect it today. So don’t worry.” Donghae said and Omma nodded her head and we went to our own house, moving and unpacking. Most of our things we sent were already here and we started unpacking.

“If you’re tired you can rest ok?” Donghae said and I nodded.

Most of the things Donghae didn’t allow me to touch. In the end, I unpacked the clothes and place then in the cupboard. Donghae was so scared something might happen to me that a the hanging cloes I wasn’t allowed to hang them up. I was to sit on the bed, arranging all the clothes in order and he will come in and do it. I don’t know what was wrong with keep the clothes when I did it a few times and I started to get dizzy.

“Are you ok?” He steadied me in his arms.

“I’m ok just a bit dizzy.”

“I told you to let me do it.” He said.

“I don’t want to feel useless.”

“You’re not useless. Why don’t you just rest. I’ll wake you up later ok?” He said. With that expression on his face how can I say no?

When I woke up, it was past 3pm. I walked out from the room to find the house quiet. When I went to get a drink of water, I saw a note.

‘Went to get the car. Will be back soon. – Hae’

And as if right on cue the door unlocked and in came Donghae. He smiled and jingled the car keys like a happy little boy who just got his new toy. When I went to shower, I told Donghae to catch a short power nap as we have to start getting ready for our dinner reservation. I was quite nervous as it was quite a big news to them. I know they would be happy about this new, but it’s still nerve wrecking.

During the car ride to mty parent’s house, I kept taking a look at Donghae. The more I peeked at him, the more I cannot keep my eyes off him. How could I be so lucky to marry someone so handsome and so gentle?

“Am I that handsome that you can’t keep your eyes off me?” Donghae said suddenly and I got a shock.

“I’m just nervous.” I said as I intertwined my own fingers together, playing around with them. Donghae held onto one of my hand and interlaced our fingers together while he rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb, calming me down.

“It’ll be fine. We’re married and it’s time anyway. They’ll be more than happy when we break to them the news.” Donghae said.

“I just can’t believe we’re already at this stage.” I said

“Baby, I love you. I will always be here whenever you need me. Just lean on me when you need to.” He said and it’s so sweet. I leaned to his face and kissed him lightly.

“Thank you.” I said and I saw the corners of his lips lift up. I really like it when he smiles. I hope our child can be as charming as him.

When we got to my house, we waited for my parents to come out. He held onto my hand tightly and I guess he was as nervous as I was.

When my parents came and we made our way to the restaurant, my parents talked to Donghae and Donghae smiled really happily while talking to them. I looked at him while he drove and this time, my eyes couldn’t leave him. When his eyes caught mine, I looked away, blushing knowing that I got caught. It was like I’m a high school girl caught staring at my crush.

In no time, we got to the restaurant, We got lead to the private room which Donghae reserved for us. Donghae held onto my hand as we walked and both of us were holding onto each other tight, both as nervous as each other.

We let our parents do the ordering while we spoke with our eyes to each other. When the waiter left, the time finally came for us to break the news to them. It was good news so it won’t spoil their appetite.

“Omma, appa, Omoni, we have something to tell you.” I said and it caught their attention. Their expression changed and it looked more tense and now the atmosphere was a little tense. Donghae sat there quietly and I nudge him and told him to say it. He cleared his throat before speaking.

“Omma, Omoni, abonim, You’re going to be grandparents soon.” He smiled as he said the last word. The room was quiet for 3 seconds before they reacted.

“Soobin, you’re pregnant?” Omoni asked. I nodded shyly and I saw a smile crawling up her face.

“Oh baby, congratulations! You’re going to be an Omma soon.” Omma said.

Dinner started at a total good note and our Parents went all the way even discussing what names to give and how he or she will be when they grow up. They seem more excited than us. I just smiled at Donghae for being here.

When we got home, I flopped on the sofa, being so tired. Donghae got me a glass of water before setting my feet on his lap. He rubbed my foot and it felt so good. He pressed on all the right spots making me sigh in delight.

“Tired?” Donghae asked me as I shook my head.

“I’m not when I’m with you.” I said as I took his hands and pulled him up onto the couch and circled my arms round his neck.

“I love you.” I said and he looked at me slightly shocked. Not an expression I was expecting. I was about to pull away when he circled my waist and pulled me close to buried his head in my neck. I rubbed his back softly as we sat there in silence. When he pulled away, he just look at me with those eyes that looks like it’s piercing into my soul. He kissed me lightly and I felt so loved by his simple action.

“Let’s go washup and head to bed. You must be tired carrying our baby in you.” He said and I wanted to laugh at the way he said it.

I could see the change in him. Even though he had always been a loving husband, however, he had never given me so much attention when we were back in Taiwan. He was always busy with work and he would work till late at night, we rarely spend such good times together.

From the time I met him, up till now, so many things have happened. We have gone through so much and endured so much. I guess I wasn’t the only one who was not happy during that time. However, when he accused me of loving another man, I was hurt but yet deep inside, he was more hurt than I was. Even though we had never told each other our feelings outright at that time, but I know we had mutual feelings for each other but it was never spoken. Through that incident, I might have realized he may have loved me more than I had loved him.

“What’s in that beautiful mind of yours?” He said, breaking me out of my thoughts, he had his finger on my forehead, smiling so sweetly at me. I felt like I was in love all again.

“Nothing. Do you want to go shower first?” I asked.

“I have already placed your things in the bathroom so you should go first.” He said as he lead me to the bathroom.

After my shower, I sat on the bed, looking around our new nest, a place where we will start beautiful memories with each other and soon, together with our baby, we are going to start a family. I had never thought that I would start a family so soon as I had never met someone who I was fond of enough that I wanted to marry him or her.

When Donghae came into my life, it was a surpise and a shock. I had thought that this was it. I would never be able to find my true love. However, this is how I really found my true love.  Looking at our wedding photo hanging in front of us, I felt so blissful. Having a good husband and a family coming our way.