Wedding

Willing Promise

 

Soobin’s POV

Today I’m going back to Korea to prepare for the wedding. Even though I have been staying with Donghae for 3 months, I feel that our relationship is no different from before. I wonder if it’s the right choice to agree to this marriage. What if we were to live like this for the rest of our lives?

“Bye. I’ll see you in a week.” He waved me goodbye with a smile which I have found charming.

“Bye.” I said as I went into the security area. When I turned back to look at him, he just urged me to go on. I guess this relationship will really need a lot of work.

On my way back, I took a look at the wedding catalogues the wedding planner had passed me on the shooting day. I guess the week would pass by really quickly as there are many things for me to do.

When I reached Korea, the week passed by in a flash. I went to the wedding venue, went for facials, spa, manicure and to the hair stylist to do my hair. Being a bride is really not easy.

Somehow, even though I have already seen Donghae in his tuxedo, I anticipate to see him on our wedding day. On occasions, when I was getting ready for the wedding day, the things I were to choose what always came up in my mine was ‘will he like it?’

Now I’m standing at the airport waiting for him to come out of the arrival gate.

“Donghae ah!” Omma exclaimed before I saw that he had already came out. He stopped in his footsteps and bowed to my Omma. Even though he seem so nonchalant about everything most of the time, he would always be the filial son to his elders.

However, what gave me a shock was he came to me and gave me a hug. That has never happened before. When he pulled away, I was shocked. I was totally not digesting anything that just happened. He then brushed the hair off my face and gave me that charming smile once again.

I broke out from my daze when Omma cleared before Donghae laughed and apologised. As we walked, he held onto my hand which gave me another shock. I was about to pull away when he whispered into my ear.

“Let’s just act. We cannot let them realize we didn’t have any change in our relationship when we were together in Taiwan for 3 months. I don’t want our parents to worry.” He said and he was right. I looked at him as he gave me a pleading look. We have to pretend no matter what. I nodded my head as he smiled. He is a really filial son.

That day, Donghae and I had to go look at the final product of the wedding hall and everything else. After looking, Donghae went to do his hair while I went home. The next Day I was to stay at home to prepare for my wedding as the day after will be our big day. I was starting to get nervous as I realized after I’m married to him I might not be able to see my parents often and Donghae would be my family.

“Soobin ah!” I heard as I stirred from my sleep.

“Time to wake up! Today’s your big day!” Omma exclaimed as I sat up and started to wash up. After showering and eating a little, I wait for the hair stylist to come. As I changed into my wedding gown, did my makeup and my hair, 3 hours had passed.

“The car is waiting.” Omma said as she had tears welled in her eyes.

“Omma ~” I said as I wiped away her tears.

“I’m so happy you have found yourself such a nice husband but I’m also sad that you’ll be moving away to a foreign land.” Omma said.

“Omma, I’ll always be your daughter and I’m sure Donghae will allow me to come back to visit you. You are most welcomed to visit us.” I said and Omma nodded.

“Let’s go.” Omma said.

As I went into the car, I could feel my heart pounding. I myself cannot believe I’m already getting married at such a young age of 25.

Appa was already at the wedding venue, greeting the guests. As I got to the venue, Appa had already been waiting for me at the door. Omma then went into the wedding hall as Appa and I waited for the music to start.

“My girl is all grown up and so beautiful.” Appa said.

“Appa…” I said as Appa squeezed my hand which was on his arm. ‘

“I’m so happy that I can fulfill my best friend’s last wish.” Appa said and I know this meant a lot to him.

“Be a good wife and don’t be so stubborn anymore ok?” I nodded my head and the music started. As the doors opened, I could see smoke and I heard applause. As we followed the carpet, I got nearer and nearer to the alter and when I was near enough, I saw my husband. He looked dashing in the suit.

I realized how lucky I actually got the chance to meet Donghae under this kind of circumstances. Even though we don’t love each other, at least one thing I can confirm is that he will be a good son, a good husband and definitely a good father.

When we got to the altar, Appa handed my hand to Donghae.

“Take good care of my daughter.” Appa said.

“I will.” He said before Appa went to take a seat.

As the ceremony started, I looked at the Justice of peace talking, it then came to me. I’m really getting married. This is not a dream.

“I do.” I heard Donghae say as he looked at me with a smile and I smiled back.

End of Soobin’s POV

Donghae’s POV

After Soobin left for Korea, I felt like my life was so boring. There’s no one to have breakfast with me, no home-cooked lunch, no one waiting for me for dinner. No one nagging at me to go to bed early. I guess maybe I’m already depending on her too much.

I took 2 weeks off from work for my wedding. I was thinking since Soobin would want to spend more time in Korea before coming to stay in Taiwan. She must also miss her family and friends.

When I touched down in Korea, Soobin and my mother in law was waiting for me. I bowed to her before seeing Soobin who looked different. She looked more … beautiful. I guess throughout the past week she must have put in a lot of effort in going to all those treatments.

The night before the wedding, I could not sleep well. The images that appeared in my mind was all Soobin when we were having our photo shoot. I cannot agree more that she was really very beautiful.

I feel really lucky to have been able to meet Soobin. If it was not for our Appa’s promise, I don’t think we will be able to even meet on the road with me in Taiwan while she is in Korea. Even though we’re not marrying out of love, but at least we don’t have a very strained relationship.

“Donghae ah!” I heard Omma screaming in my ears. I didn’t realize I had actually fell asleep.

“Come on. You cannot be late on your wedding day.” Omma dragged me out of bed and pushed me into the bathroom for me to get ready. I changed in to my suit and fixed my hair before leaving for the wedding Venue.

The wedding hall was beautifully decorated and when I was there, guests were starting to stream into the wedding hall. Some of my friends and relatives came to congratulate me while some of Soobin’s friends and family also came. In no time, the wedding hall was fully filled with people.

“Nervous?” Soobin’s father asked me.

“A little.” I smiled at him awkwardly.

He talked to me a little about his experience as the bridegroom and soon, I had to get ready at the altar. My bride is here.

As the double door opened, smoke appeared as the wedding march played. I saw Soobin and I could not take my eyes off her. She is indeed beautiful.

After we exchanged wedding vows and wedding rings, we thought it was over, but we forgot the last part.

“KISS! KISS! KISS!” I looked at Soobin as her eyes were opened wide. However, we couldn’t do anything but to do as the crowd wanted us to do. I uncovered her veil and moved towards her and planted a kiss on her forehead.

After the ceremony, we proceeded with the throwing of the flower bouquet. As she threw it, it landed on the hands of one of her best friend who screamed as she got it.

“Are you tired?” I asked her as her dress looks pretty heavy.

“I’m fine.” She said before going to the changing room at the hotel to prepare for the dinner. This time, she came out with her Hanbok fusion gown.

“Your wife is hot!” Kyuhyun said as I smacked his head. Sungmin then poked fun if him because of what he said saying that you’re telling the husband how hot the wife is as if you’re going to hit on her.

“Nice to meet you.” Soobin greeted my friends.

When the wedding was over, I was dead tired. After all the guests left, Soobin and I sent our parents off before going up to one of the suites in the hotel which was prepared from our parents.

As I opened the door, Soobin gasped as the suite was decorated so beautifully. The bed was covered in rose petals and by the bedside, the table had a note.

‘Congratulations! The both of you are now officially married. Please take good care of each other and don’t forget, make us grandchildren. – love, your parents.

As I read it out loud, the last part caused Soobin to blush.

“I’m going to shower.” She said before she disappeared into the bathroom. I made myself comfortable on the couch, wanting to take a short rest, but I ended up sleeping. I felt someone shaking my shoulders and when I opened my eyes, I saw Soobin.

“It’s your turn.” She said as I stood up, wanting to take off my blazer when she helped me, along with my vest. She lay it on the couch as I headed into the shower. I had actually wanted to take a quick shower because I was lazy to fill the tub, but when I stepped in, the tub was filled with lukewarm water just how I liked it.

When I was done, I came out to see Soobin watching television programmes.

“You’re done.” She said before turning off the television and asking me to sit down on the couch before she gave me a massage. She pressed on the right spot, untensing my muscles. However, I realized that she should have been more tired than I was. All the clothes she wore today were so heavy and not to mention, the heels she wore would kill someone’s feet. I placed my hand on hers which were on my shoulder and removing them. She gave me a bewildered expression.

“Sit down.” I said as she took a seat beside me. I turned her such that she’s facing me and her back was resting on the arm rest. I took her feet, wanting to help her massage.

“Donghae, it’s ok.” She wanted to take back her leg, but my grip on her foot was stronger, so she allowed me to do it. Her face cringed at every part where I placed pressure. I guess she wasn’t used to those heels either.

I only realized how she walked when she stood up wanting to get water from the kitchen. I then walked towards her and swept her off her feet, causing her to get shocked.

“Donghae, what are you doing?” She asked.

“Just rest. You must be tired. I’ll get water for you.” I placed her on the bed before getting her a glass of water.

End of Donghae’s POV