Seeking Help

Willing Promise

Soobin’s POV

The week had passed and I have heard nothing from Donghae. I know he might still be mad, but I told him I’ll be waiting for his calls. Did he not see the letter? I placed it in the most obvious place. I don’t know how he is doing now. Is he eating well, sleeping well?

“Soobin! Time to go!” Omma called. I told her that I’m meeting up with Haemin before leaving so that I can sneak to Haemin’s Place rather than sit on a plane and return to Taiwan.

During the week, I texted E-mailed Haemin and asked her if I could stay at her place for some time, Haemin and I had been best friends since high school. Now she’s currently managing her own business and she’s doing really well.

“What happened?” She asked me. I didn’t really tell her why I wanted to stay with her, but I guess she just knows something is wrong.

“Donghae and I had a fight and I need time away. I don’t want my parents to worry. So I have to trouble you for some time.” I said feeling a little sorry for troubling her.

“No worries. That’s why friends are for right? When I see Donghae, He’ll definitely get a piece of my mind.” One thing about Haemin is that she never fails to cheer you up regardless of any situations.

When Haemin dropped me off at her place and went to work, I went into the guestroom to rest. I looked at my phone again and again to see if there was any calls, but there were none.  Then decided to call Eunhyuk, maybe I can get something out of him, since he and Donghae are close friends.

“Eunhyuk speaking.”

“This is Soobin.” I said.

“Soobin-ah! How have you been doing. You guys never visit me that often as promised! “Eunhyuk whined like a little child.

“Sorry. Something happened. Are you doing well? We’ll visit you soon ok?” I said but I don’t know if I can.

“Are you in Korea now?” He asked. How did he know?

“Yes. I came back to visit.” I lied, I don’t want him to worry as well. It seems like he doesn’t know about our situation.

“When will you be coming back? You have to visit when you’re back!”

“Of course. Eunhyuk, can you do me a favour?” I asked. Since I can’t help but to worry if Donghae is doing ok.

“Anything for you”

“If you have time, help me check to see if Donghae is eating well. When he’s busy, he’ll always forget his meals.” I said.

“Sure. Don’t worry too much. I’ll take care of him for you.”

I was glad I could ask someone to help with taking care of him. Even though he doesn’t trust me, but I know, in my body, there’s a part of him. A child who would resemble him.

End of Soobin’s POV

Donghae’s POV

My hands buried in my hair, elbows on my knees, I could hear my heart thumping wildly in my chest, thoughts spinning round in my head. I need to confirm all these. I looked at the clock, 7am. I showered and left the house, driving as quickly as I could, I need to find him.

As I pulled up at the carpark of NTU, a car stopped beside me and I know the owner. The person whom I am looking for.

“Mr. Lee, you’re here early.” He said.

“Where’s my wife?” I asked, hoping he’d know.

“Don’t you know, she left her job here. She said something happened at home. She…” He stopped midway during his sentence and looked at me. I think he knows.

“Can I have a word with you?” I asked. I think it’s not appropriate talking in this open space.

“Soobin and I are friends. Just friends. You weren’t there when she needed you. Didn’t she tell you she got molested? She was devastated. She needed you, but you were busy at work. She told me she was fine, but who would be? She didn’t want you to worry.” Siwon said and I felt my heart tear apart. Why didn’t she tell me?

“If you’re looking for her, maybe you can find Victoria from Dance school she knew Soobin from university.” Siwon said and pat my shoulder, cheering me on. To think I had thought he liked Soobin, but he’s a good friend to her. Why didn’t I understand it when she told me?

When I got to Dance school, Victoria was sitting at her desk, looking through something.

“Victoria-sshi?” I said and she turned around.

“You are?” She didn’t look Korean but her Korean was really good.

“I’m Donghae, Soobin’s husband.” I introduced myself and she greeted me like every other Korean.

“Soobin’s not here. She had left her post some time ago.” She said, thinking I was looking for Soobin here.

“I was wondering if you know where she is now?” I asked awkwardly.

“I don’t know. She didn’t tell me anything.” She said looking a little shocked when I asked her that question. I guess I’m really on my own now.

I decided to pay Eunhyuk a visit. I don’t know who else I could turn to. I could call Soobin, but I don’t know what to say to her and would she tell me where she is if I asked? She said I won’t be able to find her. So this might mean she’s hiding somewhere which I don’t know. Where can that be?

“Oh Donghae! I was going to look for you tonight.” Eunhyuk said when we sat down.

“Why all of a sudden you want to look for me?” I asked.

“Soobin called and asked me to see if you’re eating. Judging from your face, I don’t think you even ate anything today.” He said and was about to stand up when I grabbed his arm.

“Soobin called you?” I asked, sounding slightly exasperated.

“Chill man! She called me. Don’t you know she went back to Korea to visit? That’s what she told me. “

“She’s in Korea?” she went to such an extend to go to Korea to hide from me?

“Yes she’s in Korea. Did something happened to the both of you?” He asked.

“I was busy with work so maybe I didn’t see her messages.” I said but at least now I know where she is.

Eunhyuk talked with me about life and normal everyday stuff, but I was a little out of focused because I was thinking how was I suppose to know exactly where she Is and what will I say to her when I see her?

I don’t know what to do. When I was on my way home, I kept thinking about different situations and I kept thinking what if she wants a divorce. Would I want a divorce? Would I be able to win her back? She must have been so disappointed with me that’s why she left. I’m such a horrible husband.

I booked the next flight to Korea, hoping Soobin would come back with me. I missed Korea, but now is not time to enjoy scenery. I have to find my wife.

I went straight to her parent’s house, but as I though, she was not there.

“Soobin? She should have left for Taiwan by now. Soobin said you’re on a business trip. Was it in Korea?” Omma asked.

“Oh no. It’s in Japan, but I thought I could surprise her, but I was too late. It’s ok. It’s nice to see you, Omma.” I said and left. Where could she hae gone to? I don’t know the people whom she knows in Korea. She must have gone to her friend’s place. However, I don’t know any of them. How am I to look for her?

To not let my parents or Soobin’s parents suspect, I went to stay in a hotel. I have to bring Soobin back with me, even if it takes months for me to find her.

Due to the fact that I have been working day and night for my company for the past few years, all my leaves have accumulated and now I can don’t work for close to half a year and get paid. I’m now on leave till all my leave finishes and even by then I cannot find her, I’ll carry on searching. I don’t know if what I’m feeling now is that I trust her, but all I know is I have to find her.

The next day, I went to search for a house and the first one I saw suited me, suited us. I was thinking there might be a chance for me to get transferred to the new company in Korea and I want to own a house, together with Soobin in our home country. Without further though, I bought it, with a mindset that we can live here together, with our child.

I really have no idea where to start since I don’t know much about Soobin’s friends back in Korea. I only know that she has a group of friends she had always hung out with, but I don’t recall all of them. I’ve met them at the wedding and the only person which I clearly remembered about was Kwon Taeri, the too hyper one.

We talked and I recall she works for an entertainment company and if I didn’t recall wrongly, it should be J.tune. I tried my luck and went there.

The receptionist started at me for a good 3 seconds before calling Taeri. So I remembered correctly. When she came down, she looked totally different from the wedding day, all formal and serious. However, when she saw me, she broke into a megawatt smile.

“Donghae?” She approached me.

“I’m sorry to come visit you so suddenly, but I need to know something.” I said, hoping she doesn’t feel too weird about me here, talking to her.

“I’m quite busy right now. How about lunch? I can answer your question during lunch if I’m still of use by then” She joked.

“Lunch is ok. I have time.” I said and she left. I sat down at a coffee house nearby and waited for time to pass and thinking  about what are my current feelings towards Soobin. Do I trust her? There are too much things we don’t know about each other. We have been too distant with each other and we don’t talk much whenever we’re together. We just communicate with actions. I guess we have to fix that. She’s a really nice girl, but everyone have their flaw. I don’t know her well enough to judge her. I want to believe in her, but sometimes, it’s difficult.

In no time, it was lunch time as all the people were streaming out of their office. As I stood at the entrance of the building, I hear many chattering and woman looking at me with those eyes. I have been said that I was good looking, but I didn’t think so, however, now that I recalled, many times these incidents happened when woman would come up to me with cards and letters. The looks they gave me creep me out sometimes.

However, I can never see that kind of expression on Soobin. She had always looked at me with those pair of kind looking eyes. I remember when we first met, she smiled a shy smile, one that makes my heart thump now. I guess I was really deep in thought when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“Let’s go get your help done.” Taeri said as she dragged me to a restaurant nearby her office.

“You have to treat me to lunch for helping you!” She said and I nodded. I can’t make her help me for free.

“So what do you need?” She asked when we ordered our food and are comfortably seated in the bustling restaurant. Alright, here goes…