Move

Willing Promise

 

Soobin’s POV

After viewing the house, I somehow couldn’t wait to move in. It’s so beautiful. I wonder how will the view look at night. Even though the house is really beautiful, I cannot forget the pictures hanging on our wall. The proof of our growing love. However, it also reminds me that I’m able to stay in that house because of Donghae’s hard work.

“Hungry?” Donghae asked as we drove past Xi men ding. I’m not really hungry, but all I want is to spend more time with him before he goes back to work again.

Donghae brought me to this hotpot place which looked really packed with people. However, the food looked nice.

Donghae ate really well before we moved on for our day. I guess Donghae didn’t really want to go home either since we walked around a bit. There’s this one particular shop which we went in which sold couple wear. I remember the time in Paris where Donghae packed 5 sets of couple wear into our luggage.

When we got home after a few hours, I realized that the shirt which Donghae was wearing I had the exact same one so I decided to wear it after being reminded of our countless couple shirts. When I walked out, I emphasized on my shirt and when Donghae looked at his own, he smiled.

We didn’t really have much things to pack actually. Since all the furniture comes with the house and we only have to pack our own necessities. I didn’t really have much things to pack since my things which came from Korea are still packed neatly in the box because I didn’t have time to open or unpack it.

“Why don’t you pack your study? I’ll help you with your clothes.” I offered since Donghae had his office documents to pack as well. He nodded his head before walking off to his study.

I picked out those he wore often and kept it last. He had quite a lot of suits, ranging in different colors. I also left a few set of casual wear outside so that when he needs a change of clothes, he does not need to dig into the boxes to look for it.

After taping them and labeling what was in it, I was done with our closets. I looked around the house to see if there’s anything that needs packing but we don’t have to pack it today. In the kitchen, the fridge was quite empty other than the bottled water, juice and milk, it was empty. All the dry food item was not much so it would not be too difficult.

I guess I was too engrossed in thinking how to pack the food because when I closed the cupboards, I saw Donghae leaning against the door frame, as if standing for some time.

“I guess we’ve finished faster than expected.” He smiled.

“You mean we’re done?” I asked. It has barely been half a day. However, when I looked out of the window it’s already dark. I turned to look at the clock and realized it’s close to 9pm already.

“It’s going to be 9! You came to the kitchen to look for dinner am I right? Oh gosh. There’s not food in the house. How could I have forgot about dinner…” I was so flustered that I did not realize Donghae walking closer to me.

“It’s fine. I came here to bring you out for dinner. You’ve worked hard in cleaning the house.” He said and I let out a sigh of relief. For a moment, I thought he was hungry to death and looking for food.

When I was walking out of the kitchen, I suddenly felt a little lightheaded and my legs gave way. However, since Donghae had his arms round my waist, he caught me in time.

“Soobin! Are you alright?” He pulled me up before I hit the ground. My eyes focused more before I could see Donghae’s face clearly.

“I’m ok. Just a little worn out.”

“I think we’d better eat in. I’ll call for takeouts.” He said and I nodded. He led me to the living room and settled me down on the couch. I guess maybe I was really too worn out as barely a minute I lay on the couch, I fell asleep and was woken up a while later by the anxious ringing of the doorbell.

“Your delivery is here!” I recongise that voice. It’s Lee Eunhyuk. The guy is forever cheerful. Even though he was sad that we’re moving, but I guess I’ll visit him as often as I can. He’s somewhat my first friend in Taiwan afterall.

“Sorry to make you come all the way.”  Donghae told him with a pat on his back.

“It’s nothing. I wanted to be a curious cat to see how does your house looks like. Anyway after you guys move, we’ll see each other lesser, so why not make full use of the time now?” Eunhyuk said as he placed the food on the coffee table in front of me.

Throughout dinner, sound of laughter and talking could be heard. Eunhyuk was a total joker, not to mention very very lame.

“It’s already so late? I think I need to go now.” Eunhyuk said as it was close to 11pm already. Donghae and I sent Eunhyuk to the door before our house was quiet again.

I realize Donghae was totally different from Eunhyuk. Donghae doesn’t say much, but everything he try to tell me is always from those eyes which are always full of emotion. It’s like the chemistry and connection that we have, not needing words.

“Want to go out of the city tomorrow?” Donghae asked.

“Out of the city?”  

“I heard that there’s a hot spring At Taitung, Luminous hot spring resort. It’s far from the city where the air is fresh. Why not we go there and relax a day or 2 then we can come back by Friday to move.” He asked.

I have never really gone to a hot spring resort before. Maybe now spending more time and having Fun with Donghae would be a good idea since we’ve been working and stressing out for some time.

The next morning, Donghae and I left the house early in the morning and headed to Taitung by train. Because we woke up early, we didn’t have much sleep so throughout the ride to Taitung, we slept and on the bus to the resort, we looked at the scenery and the difference it was from the city.

After close to 3 hours on the bus, we finally reached the resort. It was on the mountain, far from the city. When we booked in, we went into our room on the top floor and the room looks really comfortable. As we spent quite a lot of time traveling, it’s already late afternoon.

“If you don’t want to go to the hot spring, they have a tub in the bathroom which can filter in the spring water.” Donghae said and I nodded my head. The temperature was already dropping so I guess going to the hot spring might make myself catch a cold.

Donghae took a short nap while I prepared for Donghae a set of clothes in case he wants to take a bath. At around 6pm, we went down for dinner before proceeding outside to watch their tribal performance. As the performance was outdoors, I didn’t think about bringing a jacket.

The later it got, the lower the temperature dropped and it started to get cold. I rubbed my arms, trying to get some friction but it didn’t really work. I then felt a jacket being draped on my shoulders.

“You’ll catch a cold like this.” I told him since he wasn’t wearing much clothes as well.

“I’m fine.” He said as he fixed his eyes back on the performance. When it starts to get colder, to the extend that even with the jacket I feel cold, I could see Donghae biting in the cold. I grabbed his hand and pulled him back to the resort.

“Let’s go wash ourselves with the spring water.” I said since it’s so cold outside and the water would make us warm.

That night, the both of us crossed many boundaries that we used to have. In the morning, we slept in and woke up close to 11pm. AS we have to check out by 2, Donghae and I went for breakfast before coming back to pack our things.

“I have something I need to tell you.” Donghae said.

“What is it?” I asked as he sounded so serious.

“From the time when we return from our leave, I’ll have to start going overseas for businesses.” He said and he looked at me, trying to gauge a reaction from me.

“Often?” I asked.

“Not very, but time to time I’ll have to go overseas.” He said.

“I can’t stop you from the duties of your job. But you’ll have to take care of yourself.” I said, trying to hide my sadness.

“I’ll try to keep them short. I don’t feel safe leaving you at home alone.” He said as he my cheeks gently.

When we checked out of the resort, we took a bus back to town. However, this time was different from when we came where we spent most of our time sleeping. Even though we don’t exchange much words, Donghae intertwined our fingers together and my head on his shoulders.

When we got back to Taitung, Donghae and I walked around a little, having tea at a nice little café, did some shopping before we made our way back to the train station. We took the 12am train back to Taipei.

Even though we didn’t do much during this trip, I felt more connected with Donghae and especially when he told me about his new job requirement, I feel a need to treasure this time we have together. How deep am I falling into this relationship?

“How do you like your new job?” He asked as we were waiting for our train.

“I need to get used to the longer hours. Sometimes it’s a bit too much, but I enjoy teaching.”

“Don’t overwork yourself ok? Especially during the time when I’m not here. I’ll be worried about leaving you home alone.” He said.

“I’ll take care of myself. I’ve been living alone for a year alone overseas. I’ll be fine.” He kissed my lips lightly before looking deep into my eyes. Holding onto my hand tightly, he lead me onto the train as we took a seat and he placed his arms around my shoulder as I rest my head on his and fell into sleep soon after by the calm sound of his heartbeat. We got back to Taipei a little past 2am. We went home quickly and headed to rest before the big day tomorrow. Everywhere in our house were boxes, filled with all our things.

In the morning, when the movers came, I looked around the house one last time. When it was really time to leave, Donghae came and led me out. We bid the neighboring ahjumma goodbye. I’ll really miss this place where Donghae and I started creating memories. However, memories are meant to be remembered and created. Without new memories, how can we think back about them? Our new house is the place where we will make new and more beautiful memories, the place where our love would bloom even more than before.

“Will you miss our old house?” Donghae asked as we drove to our new house, following the mover’s truck.

“I will miss it. I definitely will.” I said. We stopped at the traffic light and I looked out at the window where there were little children playing with each other and they looked so cute and adorable.

“What was your childhood like?” I asked Donghae. I came to realize I know nothing about him.