Work

Willing Promise

 

For the next few Days, Donghae had a few meetings and he cleared Thursday and Friday so that he could work from home. When I woke up in the morning, I saw Donghae fast asleep, not on his study table, but on the bed. Looking at the blown up wedding photo on our wall from the first bridal photoshoot, I realized how far we have came from that time till now.

I was shocked when I felt Donghae pulling me closer to him by the waist. He looked so deep and comfortable in his sleep, I don’t bear to wake him up. his hair lightly, I brushed the stray strands away from his face. My husband, the one whom I love now and forever.

After around 15 minutes, Donghae stirred and woke up, stretching his body. When he turned his body back to me, he gave me a sleepy smile.

“Morning.” He said.

“It’s close to afternoon.” I joked as he looked at the clock. It was close to 11am already.

That afternoon, Donghae was free of work. He lazed around the whole day, following me wherever I go. Helping me clean and cook. He is just too adorable to resist.

“I’m going to miss your cooking.” He pouted slightly during dinner.

“Why?”

“You won’t be cooking that often when you go to work.” He said.

“I can pack you lunch. Like this you’ll not forget to eat.” I smiled and his face lit up.

I guess time really flies when you’re having fun. In no time, days after spending quality time with Donghae, It’s now Sunday night. I was so nervous that I walked into the walk in closet so many times that I can totally memorise everything inside and their placing.

“You look beautiful in everything.” Donghae said, try to calm me down.

“Are you sure this dress is not too casual?” I asked him for the nth time and he nodded his head.

That night, I had trouble sleeping as I’m really really nervous. I never taught students before. I really want to leave a good impression. Eunhyuk came by and dropped off a cake, wishing me luck just now. However, I’m still all jittery. Donghae pulled me into his embrace as he hummed a soft tune into my ears, diverting al my attention to his humming and gradually I fell asleep.

I woke up early the next day, cook breakfast and made Donghae and myself lunch before hitting the shower and waking Donghae. Throughout breakfast, he glanced at me non-stop like he has something to tell me.

“You can say Donghae.” I said and he stopped eating, shock written all over his face.

He took out a box from the inside of his jacket and passed it to me. When I opened it, I saw a beautiful sapphire ring. It was a very traditional looking ring, however, it seems so trendy at the same time.

“This is my family heirloom. Omma gave it to me in Korea. It was meant for you, but I wanted to wait for a better time. It’s like a congratulation for first day of work gift and to show you how important you are to me.” He smiled.

Even though his timing was really terrible, but he gave me his family heirloom which means that nothing can change what we have now. I held onto his big hands and place the box on his hand. His expression was shocked at first.

“Help me wear it.” I said before he heaved a sigh of relief.

On my left hand, 2 rings were on my finger. Donghae’s family heirloom on my middle finger while our wedding ring on my fourth finger.

For the first time, we left the house together to go to work. He said since I didn’t have a license in Taiwan, He’ll be my driver to work and if he ends early, to go home as well.

The trip to the school seemed really too fast. In a blink of an eye, the car stopped and I was at the gate of NTU. Donghae saw that I didn’t move, he held onto my hands.

“You’ll be great. Trust me.” He smiled as he kissed my knuckles. I looked at him and smile, pecking him on the lips before getting out of the car. Waving him goodbye, I walked into the school. Work, here I come.

Stepping into the office, I saw a lady which looked really petite.

“(Chinese) Hi, excuse me, can I know where am I to report to for the first day of work?” I asked and realized the question sounded really stupid. However, she looked at me and smiled and lead the way. She’s really nice, though she’s really quiet.

“Ms Park, we meet again.” The lady behind the desk in the office greeted. I remembered her as one of the interviewers.

“Nice to meet you.” I greeted before she motioned me to take a seat.

“The teacher which will be guiding you will be Mr. Choi Siwon. He’s a fellow Korean and he has much teaching experience here. I hope the both of you will work well together.” She smiled as I didn’t know how to react. I wasn’t good with these kinds of situations.

I heard a knock on the door before a man walked in. At first glance, I know he’s the teacher she’s talking about. However, when I looked back at Ms. Tang, it looks like her eyes were falling from its socket. She was totally checking him out. When I looked back at him, I realized why. He’s quite handsome and not to say, he had quite a good built and is very tall.

“You must be Ms. Park.” He said. His Chinese is really good.

“Nice to meet you. I hope we’ll work well together.” I said and he smiled.

Ms. Tang was totally silent. I bet she was dreaming of Him in her mind right this instance. After the both of us stood awkwardly in the office for close to 10 minutes, we were finally dismissed. When we stepped out, Mr. Choi heaved a sigh of relief.

“(Korean)Wasn’t that awkward.”He said before flashing a smile.

We then had a brief introduction of each other, before he showed me my desk and introduced me to the people in our department. There are a few Koreans but some teachers had other classes so there weren’t around. Mr. Choi, or so he asked me to call him Siwon, don’t have a class till 2pm, so he took me on a tour round the campus.

“So you’re married?” He asked.

“Yes. So by right, I should be Mrs. Lee, but I guess there shouldn’t be any problem with Ms. Park.” I said.

“I had thought you were single, seeing you’re barely 25.” he said and I burst out laughing.

“I can’t tell you how old am I but, I am definitely 25.”

Siwon and I got to know each other quickly. He’s a nice guy. I’m glad I’m able to work together with him. I sat in 2 classes of His and he was good. His students all behaved themselves. I guess maybe it might be his stance, full of confidence and authority.

When work ended, I actually found it to be quite fun. But they told me when I really start to teach, I won’t think so. I guess it would be that way. We all left the school together and I broke off from the conversation when I heard my name being called. Standing there, leaning against his car, was my husband, Lee Donghae. I waved at him and so did he. I was about to go over when I felt a tug on my elbow. I turned back to see one of my colleagues, Ella, holding me back.

“(Chinese)Who’s he?” she asked, her eyes sparkling.

“My husband” I smiled. Her eyes almost popped out of its socket as the group of them were all shocked by the fact I’m married. Other than Siwon who had already known. Seeing I was not moving, he walked over and not seeing him for some time and now seeing him in his suit, he looked so handsome.

“Nice you meet you.” He smiled as I could hear gasps from some of the ladies. I guess my husband does have charm. But what I should be worried is the situation at hand. I’m suppose to go out with my colleagues for dinner, but Donghae is here so what should I do? Unless…

“Why don’t you join us?” I heard Li min asked him. That was the only way to save the situation now. He looked at me and I smiled at him. It’s up to his own decision, even though I hope he’d come.

“I guess Soobin won’t mind me joining you guys.” He smiled and the crowd cheered. Since the guys drove, we agreed to meet at the Barbeque restaurant. Donghae knew the way so the rest of them took the guys cars while I took Donghae’s. Before they walked over to their cars, Joey said

“No one is willing to be light bulb?” She asked and everyone laughed. These people are fun to be around.

Donghae opened the door for me before he went over to his side and drove off.

“(Korean)How was work? Your colleagues seem really outgoing.” He said.

“It was good. They are really fun. But I’m currently observing classes under a Korean Lecturer, Siwon. I’ll introduce you to him later. He’s a really nice guy.” I said and Donghae nodded.

When we reached the restaurant, Donghae was about to get out of the car when I stopped him.

“Are you going in with this?” I asked and pointed at his outfit. His neatly ironed blazer and blue tie made him look too serious for this place. He laughed and took off his Blazer while I helped him with his tie. Taking out his cufflinks and folding up his sleeves.

“Now, that’s better.” I smiled as he look so handsome looking all casual. He smiled before leaving the car and opening my side of the car door. I took his hand and walked towards the restaurant where the rest of them were waiting.

That night, Donghae and Siwon was in charge of the cooking. The meat they cooked was so delicious. But because Donghae spent most of his time cooking, I wrapped a few wraps and fed him, causing cheering to erupt from them. We all had loads of fun. So much that we didn’t want to stop.

“(Chinese)Let’s go Karaoke!” Li min said and all of them cheered. However, looking at my watch, it’s close to 11pm and Donghae looked like he was fighting to keep awake.

“Sorry guys, we have to go.” I apologised. However, Donghae shook his head slightly at me, but I know he should rest.

“Awwww… So early?” Susie whined.

“Sorry guys.” I waved and hooked my arm on the crook of Donghae’s arm. They all waved goodbye reluctantly as we left. I saw Donghae looking slightly uncomfortable.

“(Korean) You should stay. It’s your first night out.” He said as he got into the car.

“It’s ok. I’m tired. Not used to working life.” I said since I was really beat. I didn’t know working was this tough. But this is life.

During the trip home, Donghae yawned a few times. He must be really tired. When we got home, I allowed him to shower first so that he could go to bed. However, when I came out of the shower, I found him in his study doing his work. I guess he really had much work to do, but he still accompanied me to dinner with my colleagues.

“Going to bed soon?” I asked since he looked so focus in his work.

“Soon. After I look through this.” He said and I nodded. I headed to bed, hoping to have a good rest before work tomorrow.