Chapter 2

Cherry Blossom Tree

It was Saturday and Suzy was eating her breakfast while reading a book. She took a bite from the toast as she flipped the page of her book. 

"You should concentrate on eating. You might pick up something that isn't edible and eat it." Her mum said as she tried to take the book away. Suzy just glared at her and held the book tightly. 

"I can multi-task" She said as she went back to reading the book. 

"We have a new neighbour. They just moved in yesterday. Did you say hi yet?" Her mum asked trying to lure Suzy's attention away from the book. 

"No" Suzy wasn't that much interested. 

"They're coming over here for dinner tonight."

"I'm going to be sick tonight so I can't join, I'm sorry."

Her mum finally gave up as she walked up the stairs. "Your dad won't be happy about this!" 

Suzy put the book down and took another bite from the toast. She ignored her mum's last 'persuasive' sentence. "I'm going!" 

Suzy made sure she walked quickly, avoiding the neighbours in case they were outside. She didn't turn around in case they were outside and she made eye contact with them and had to say hello. She wasn't ignorant or impolite, she was just wasn't sociable. She'd probably scare them with her eyes. 

She took her phone out and stared at the picture that was displaying on the screen. A cherry blossom tree. She smiled as she remembered what happened yesterday. She smiled at the thought that he'd probably sitting there, under the tree right now and being stubborn. She checked the time and it was 10 am. She still had about 6 hours until she had to go to that same place yesterday. 

She decided to go and visit her brother, who she hardly saw. Her brother never really visited their house anymore after the fight that he had with their parents a few weeks ago. As always, their fights were about how he should be careful and look after himself more. Suzy smiled as she remembered seeing his apartment last time. His clothes were all over the place and the smell was... unpleasant, if Suzy had to put it in nice words.  That's why she would only visit him one day in a fortnight. 

 

She was about to knock on the door when a voice startled her. "Visiting me again, little sis?" 

She turned around as she saw him. Overjoyed, she hugged him tightly. "Where have you been?"

Woohyun pushed her away gently before answering her question. "So now I can't  even buy myself food?" He lifted his hand to show Suzy two plastic bags.

"Did you buy something for me?" She hoped.

"You've never changed." He laughed as he opened the door.

Suzy looked around the apartment, amazed by what she saw. His apartment for once, was so clean. Woohyun gave her a satisfying look. 

"Oppa... daebak!" Suzy was trying to find words to describe how she felt. She walked over to the couch and plopped herself on it. 

"I hired a house cleaner. It didn't even cost me that much!" Woohyun said proudly. 

Suzy's face fell, she thought she could actually brag to her parents how her brother had changed. Turns out she was wrong. "You're still the same, oppa." 

Woohyun rolled his eyes and walked over to the kitchen to put the things he bought away. "So what brings you here today?"

"To kill time." Suzy said as she watched her brother put things away. She was watching him like it was some kind of movie. 

Woohyun looked disappointed as he realise she was only using him to kill time. "So what you're actually saying is, you don't miss me?" He said it with aegyo. 

"Oppa, don't do that. I will never, and I mean never visit you again." Suzy was horrified. She hated aegyo. She hated his aegyo. 

Woohyun smiled and he walked over to her holding a chocopie in his hand. "Here. It's a new flavour. Strawberry!" He said as he handed her one. Strawberry was Suzy's favourite food and flavour. She could live of strawberries for the rest of her life. 

Suzy's eyes widened as she took it. "Oppa, did I mention how much I love you?" 

"You're only saying that because I bought you someting related to strawberry!" Woohyun pouted. Suzy went over to her brother and gave him a quick hug before opening it and scoffed down the chocopie. 

"Oh oppa, by the way. We have a new neighbour. Mum and dad wants you to come over for dinner tonight to meet them." 

"You are such a bad liar, Suzy!" 

Suzy wasn't lying though, she actually got a text from her mum just a few minutes before she left asking to text Woohyun to come over later. 

"I'm not lying! Mum actually asked me to text you to come over later. I left the house too early so I decided to come by and tell you in person. And also to kill time." 

"Nah, I'll pass. They'll survive."

"You need to go. I already told mum that I'm sick tonight and can't join their little 'gathering'." 

"Let's make a deal. I'll go but you need to be there, healthy, tonight. If I arrive and find out that you're not there or that you're pretending to be sick, I'm off to Germany." He joked. 

"Then I'll ship myself to America."

"There's no cherry blossom tress in America." Woohyun may have moved out 2 years ago but he still didn't forget about his only sister. 

"You don't know that."

"Deal?"

Suzy nodded and she took a book out of her bag. 

"You still like reading books huh?" 

Suzy nodded without looking away from her book. 

"You still draw?" Woohyun asked as he searched her bag. 

"Please take your hands away from my bag before I kick you. And yes, I still draw." 

Woohyun backed away from her bag, knowing that she'll keep her words and actually kick him. "Why do you carry around a big notepad and a pencil?" 

Suzy rolled her eyes and she put the book down, "To eat." She said sarcastically. "What else would I do with a big notepad and a pencil? Of course, I need it to draw." She picked up her book and continued reading. 

"Okay, okay. Enough with your sarcasm. We all know that you're the 'smart' one between the two of us. I'm going to sleep. Wake me up when you're leaving." 

Suzy nodded, her eyes glued to the book. Woohyun walked to his bedroom leaving Suzy alone. 

 

 She finished the book she was reading an hour ago. She got bored so she decided to sketch the room that she was in. She looked at the clock on the wall and decided it was time for her to go.

She went over to Woohyun's room to find him peacefully sleeping. She decided not to wake him up since he'd probably just throw a pillow at her. Even though Woohyun said to wake him up, he didn't really mean it. But if he did, he'd probably tell her off later. He'd probably lecture her about safety and how he was worried incase someone broke in his apartment and kidnapped her, which was stupid. She could pretend to listen to him and nod while she would be drowning in her own thoughts. That was better than a pillow smacked in her face. 

She closed the door silently and left.

 

She walked really slowly to the park, giving cold stares at people who would make eye contact with her. She didn't mean to, it was just her neutral face. 

She was finally in park. She survive those weird stares that some people gave her. Either I'm too ugly or I look too scary, she smiled at the thought.

She took her time to walk to her favourite spot and as she reached it, disappointment was drawn all over her face. He wasn't sitting there with his guitar. The spot was totally empty. It wasn't that Suzy cared, she was just... excited to have another fun argument. Yeah, that's it. I want to have an argument with a stranger. Oh no, wait. He's not a stranger. He told me his name yesterday. Myungsoo. She nodded, lost in her thought. 

She took a sit and took out the big notepad and a pencil from her bag. She looked at her bag and she didn't realise it was massive. Maybe that's why people were giving me weird looks. But then again, there was still my ugly and scary looking face, she scoffed at her thought. 

She leaned against the tree trunk and started to draw the view in front of her. It wasn't really much of a view. It was just a the sky and a big field. To make it more of a view, people were playing in the field. 

She only sketch the view before a something blocked the sunlight that was showering her. She looked up to see a boy wearing red and black plaid shirt, dark blue jeans and a black converse. His hair wasn't gelled back this time and a guitar case was strapped around him. He was holding two ice creams. Suzy just glared at him like how she did yesterday when she first saw him.

"Looks like you claimed your spot again." He said as he offered her one of the ice creams. "I bought you one. I had a feeling you would be here." He looked up at the tree then back to her. 

Suzy looked at the ice cream. The ice cream had a red topping sauce around it. "What flavour is the sauce?" 

"Strawberry."

As soon as she heard that, she took the ice cream from him and smiled. 

"So like, can I sit here? Or are you still mad at me for taking your spot yesterday?"

"This spot isn't free. So whenever you want to come and sit here, you should pay me something. Since you gave me ice cream with strawberry sauce on, you have my permission to sit in front of me." She said trying to sound as serious as she can. 

"Permission? Since when did you own this spot? Didn't we go over this yesterday? I even wrote my name on the grass" Myungsoo said as he sat opposite her. 

Suzy her ice cream. "I don't really know how old you are but I'm pretty sure you're young enough to remember that I rubbed it away with my foot." 

"Fine, fine, fine. But don't expect something expensive. I'll probably buy you a pencil next time I want to sit here." Myungsoo said as he eyed the small pencil that Suzy was holding. 

"Now I just realised. You're blocking my view."

"Is that what you're drawing? The view behind me? Well can't you add me in front of it then draw the view behind me?" 

Suzy glared at him, signalling him to move. Myungsoo stared back at her, trying to tell her he's not going to move at all. They kept looking at each other until Suzy finally gave up and put the big notepad and pencil away. She handed him her ice cream before she did. 

"Are you leaving now? Oh, maybe you're going to push me again!" He said as he smirked. 

"No but right now I'm tempted to." She growled under her breath. "Oh, did you tell your mummy that I pushed you yesterday?" She teased as she took her ice cream back. 

"Actually I did! But she was in her own world while she was unpacking some stuff so she probably didn't hear me." He teased back. Well, his mum in her own world and her unpacking stuff was true. 

Suzy didn't say anything as she stared at him while eating her ice cream. Myungsoo finished his back when they were still glaring at each other. They were both surprise that Suzy's ice cream hasn't melted yet. 

Myungsoo took his guitar out and started to play a song. Suzy swayed a little as she was listening. Myungsoo didn't notice since he was too engrossed in playing his guitar. Suzy stopped swaying as she hummed the tune that the guitar was making. 

"You know this song?" Myungsoo asked as he looked at Suzy, still playing the guitar.

"Yeah. It's called 'Can U Smile' by Infinite right?" 

"Yeah. Seems like you like this song." 

Suzy nodded. "My brother use to play the piano and sing it to me." 

Myungsoo stopped playing and looked at his phone. He forgot his phone was on silence, there was 6 missed calls from his mum. He sighed as he got up. He patted Suzy on the head before he left. 

"Thanks for the ice cream!" Suzy called after him. He lifted his arm up in the air and did a thumbs up. 

He didn't finish playing the song, she thought as she pouted. She left 10 minutes after him. She knew that their new neighbours would arrive soon and if she wasn't home before they were there, she couldn't pretend to be ill. She then remembered what her brother said and she jumped in frustration. I'm not in the mood to meet new people, she thought as she scowled. 

 

She arrived at home just in time. She ran up stairs quickly before her parents could say anything. She could smell the delicious food her mum made as she ran up. She wasn't hungry since she just ate ice cream. But the delicious smell was tempting her and luring her in. She slowed her paced and continued to walk up the stairs.

"Woohyun oppa said he's coming!" She screamed as she reached the top of the stairs. "I'm ill!" She shouted again after a while.

Before her parents could say anything, there was a knock on the door. She knew it wasn't her brother. Her brother still had the house keys. 

Suzy entered her room quickly. She could hear voices but it wasn't clear enough, it was more like whispers. 

 

Suzy's parents bowed and greeted their neighbour. Their neighbour did the same. 

Suzy's parents introduced themselves before saying, "Sorry, but my daughter is sick right now and she's unable to join us but her brother is on his way here." Suzy's mum said, not even sure if Woohyun was coming.

Their neighbours greeted them and introduced themselves. "This is our youngest son, Kim Moonsoo. This is our eldest son, Kim Myungsoo." Mrs Kim said as she touched the boys' shoulders as she introduced them. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there! :D I decided to make Woohyun Suzy's older brother. I have no idea why. Somehow I can just imagine them two being siblings and getting on each other's nerves. :)) I did a twist at the end, did you see? ;D You might have predicted it in the beginning though =_=" If you have, OMG. You're so smart! I wouldn't have if I didn't write this and if I was the one reading it! LOLOLOL! I did put a hint when Myungsoo and Suzy met at the park. When Myungsoo said that his mum was unpacking. This story will probably want you to break the computer and make you wanna scream because it might get on your nerves. I know it will get on mine if I was the one reading it. You'll understand later on as more chapters come~ ^^; Sorry for the people who think this chapter was long. I needed to introduce Woohyun and I needed them to meet up before doing the little twist thing in the end ;)) Thank you for subscribing and liking this story! I really appreciate it! :D Feel free to comment :D I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! ^^ Ohhhh~ I mentioned that Woohyun's character can play the piano and i just read some infinite facts right now, it said that Woohyun wants to learn how to play the piano. What a coin-ki-dink. Okay, I'll shut up now.. :P 

Comment Replies:

@NuShoes: Thank you ^_^ I'm glad that you like the sotry so far :D I always wanted to 'vision' people introducinng that way. I know I'm weird :)) Thank you for you're support :D 

@hyukxin: IKR! I just love this type of meetings and love stories :"> asdfghjkl!

@candlescape: Thank you for subscribing and thank you for the support :D Sorry I updated late but I finally updated! I hope you like it :)

@honekitty: Thank you :) I hope you enjoy this chapter :D 

@Pink3raser: Ohhh! Thank you subscribing and I'm glad you like the story! Thank you so much for liking my writing! :') It really made me smile ^^

@Myunzy_Gurdian: hehehehe, I'm glad you like it and fell in love with it :D I hope you like this chapter ^^

@inspiritz: Thank you for subscribing ^_^ asdfghjkl! You have no idea how your comment made me happy :D I'm happy that this story made you happy! I updated :D Enjoy ^^

@SkullMaki: I totally agree :D His one of the person I ship so much with Suzy! Although I ship like nearly every guy with her. She's just so shipable :)) I hope you enjoy this story :D