Chapter 22

Cherry Blossom Tree

"YO GUYS! WASSUP!" Dongwoo opened the door as he shouted. It made all of them jump in surprise. Hoya pushed him in since he was just standing, smiling at everyone. Hoya waved at them as he went over to Suzy. Suzy gave him a faint smile. They weren't really that close. Suzy only knew him because of Sungjong. Sungjong would drag her nearly everyday to go see them. His excuse was so she cna make friends and be sociable. That wa sbefore she emt Myungsoo, when she was still... unsociable. 

"Me and Dongwoo bought this for you. A get well soon present!" Hoya handed her a white plastic bag. Suzy still had that faint smile on her face and she nodded him a thank you. Hoya smiled before walking over to where Dongwoo was sitting. When Hoya left Suzy's side, Dongwoo stood up and went over. He watched as Suzy opened the white plastic bag, his face was full of excitement. 

Inside the bag was a white box. It looked almost the same as the one Sungyeol and Sungjong gave her when they first visited. She hoped it was another strawberry-related things. She looked at Dongwoo before opening it, her smile was bigger than before. Along with Dongwoo, the others watched her. She opened the box to find strawberry flavoured pepero. She looked up at Dongwoo and smiled, "Thanks!" She set it aside and started to play with Myungsoo's hair. 

Dongwoo frowned as he wacthed Suzy put aside, "Aren't you going to eat it?" Suzy shook her head, looking up a bit to catch Dongwoo's expression. "Why?" Dongwoo pouted. 

Suzy was looking fully at him now, she was still playing with Myungsoo's hair. "I'm not hungry" She gave him a small smile. Dongwoo nodded and went over to Hoya, sitting on his lap. Sungjong made a face since they were sitting right next to him. Hoya ignored him while Dongwoo patted him on the head making Sungjong lean away.

Sungyeol was sitting next to Myungsoo on the floor, talking to him. Myungsoo kept nodding but he wasn't really listening, Suzy's touch was more interesting. Myungsoo was leaning on the bed while Suzy was on the bed, lying on her stomach. She had been braiding small chunks of Myungsoo's hair, smiling to herself at the outcome of it. It looks cute. She thought. 

"Are you sleeping here too?" Sungjong asked Dongwoo and Hoya. They nodded in unison. Myungsoo sighed and Suzy couldn't help but smile at his adorkable and childish behaviour. Luckily, the couple didn't hear him. Dongwoo would've been upset if he knew that someone didn't want him and Hoya to stay over. 

"Where are yous going to sleep?" Sunggyu asked them, shivering in delight from Woohyun's touch. Hoya and Dongwoo looked at each other before shrugging. Myungsoo stood up and sat on the bed, he was suddenly interested in their conversation. Sungyeol copied his actions. 

"Where are yous going to sleep?" Hoya asked. He eyed Woohyun even though Woohyun wasn't paying any attention to them. Sunggyu's neck was fanscinating all of a sudden. 

"On the floor. We're going to ask the nurses for any spear blankets of duvet to spread on the floor." Sunggyu asnwered.

"We'll do the same then." Dongwoo smiled. "What about Sungjung and Sungyeol?" Dongwoo looked at Sungyeol. 

"They'll sleep on the couch. There's a pull out bed on the couch too so one of them can sleep on that." Suzy explained it. Sungjong nodded in agreement.

"Was there always a couch there?" Sunggyu looked puzzled. Myungsoo turned to look at the white couch against the corner of the room. Before anyone could answer his question, Woohyun spoke.

"Wait..." A thought came across Woohyun. "Where's Myungsoo going to sleep?" 

Everyone looked at Woohyun like he was stupid. "He's going to sleep on the reception table outside." Sungjong sarcastically said. 

"He's going to sleep against the wall while standing up." Sunggyu said as he shook his head. 

"He's going to sleep on top of you and Sunggyu oppa" Suzy added. 

"He's not sleeping cos he's a vampire!" Sungyeol nodded, pleased with his asnwer. 

Woohyun 's face expression was between confuse and blank. "Are you guys trolling me?"

"Nope. Not at all." Hoya patted Woohyun's shoulders while Dongwoo bursted out laughing. 

"So where is Myungsoo going to sleep?" Woohyun asked again, more serious this time. 

"Oppa..." Suzy smiled. "I'll say it slowly, okay?" Suzy paused for effect. "Myungsoo... is... going... to... sleep... next... to... me..." Suzy nodded slowly. 

Woohyun replied with a poker face. He looked Myungsoo then at Suzy, still wearing the same expression. Once he realised what they were all doing to him, he hit Sunggyu on the back quite hard. "OW!" Sunggyu yelped. "What was that for!?" Sunggyu asked, glaring at Woohyun. 

Everyone bursted out laughing at Woohyun's reaction. Woohyun glared at them, one by one. He sulked back at his, pulling Sunggyu close to him. He was trying to cover his face. "You guys are mean." Myungsoo cracked a smile while Sunggyu pinched his cheeks. 

"You're so cuuuuuuute hyunnie~" Sunggyu cooed. Woohyun smiled and pulled Sunggyu in for a kiss. Hoya whistled while Dongwoo applaud them. The others made a disgusted face. 

"I really need a girlfriend." Sungjong sighed. 

Sungyeol nodded in agreement, "Same here." Myungsoo patted Sungyeol's back awkwardly, trying to comfort him. Sungyeol smiled at his best friend's effort. 

After a few minutes, they were separated into groups. YaDong and WooGyu were in one group, talking between themselves. Their conversation would vay because Dongwoo would relate something one of them would say to something completely different. The others (with the exception of Hoya) haven't notice this yet. The other group consists the rest, Sungjong, Sungyeol, Suzy and Myungsoo. It was like they divided themselve from younger group to older group. It was natural for them to split up like that, it wasn't planned. 

"Can I be the best man at your wedding?" Sungjong asked Suzy, trying to convince her with his aegyo smile. "Please?" He blinked a few times to flatter. 

"No! I wanna be the best man at your wedding!" Sungyeol piped in. He was tugging on Myungsoo's shirt. Myungsoo looked at Suzy, waiting for her reply. Suzy tried to read Myungsoo's mind by looking deeply into his eyes. Nothing.

"Last time I checked, I'm too young to get married. I'm only 17 years old." Suzy informed them. 

"Well... 5 years ago, you'd be already married in shakespeare time." Sungjong said, trying to be smart by saying that. 

Suzy rolled her eyes, "Well... That was the past." 

"So? Teenagers now a days get pregant at the age of 15 or 16! Some even keep the baby! Speaking of babies, can you name your child after me?" Sungjong asked again, hoping he'd get a yes. 

Suzy glared at him in annoyance, "Let's get this straight. I'm not planning on getting married at a young age. I'm absoloutely not planning to get pregnant at a young age too. I don't want people calling me a and a . Having titled the 'ice princess' is enough." She folded her arms and gave one sharp nod. 

"Pfft, whatever." Sungjong folded his arms and flicked his fringe out of his eyes. 

Myungsoo and Sungyeol looked at each other before looking back at their friends. "You two look more like siblings than friends." Sungyeol pointed out. Myungsoo agreed by nodding. He recieved a glare from Suzy and Sungjong. "L! Tell your girlfriend to quit glaring at me!" Sungyeol tugged on Myungsoo's shirt like a kid. Myungsoo blink once and gave him a poker face. "Tell her or I'll..." Sungyeol threatened. 

Myungsoo raised his eyebrow, "Or you'll what?" 

"Or I'll..." Ssungyeol trailed of thinking of somethign to blackmail him. Nothig came to mind since Myungsoo is all innocent and honest. If he's not acting like that, he'll shut everyone out and keep everything to himself. "Or I'll tell her you don't love her." Sungyeol attempted to threaten him again. 

"I already know that" Suzy said. She showed no emotion whatsoever. Sungjong and Sungyeol looked at her in a confuse manner while Myungsoo blinked hard once, his eyes got bigger. Suzy laughed as she saw their expressions. "You guys are so funny!"

"Acting again?" Myungsoo asked, relieved. Suzy nodded. "You gotta stop doing that unless you wnat me to die of heart attack then you're on the right track."

"Has gone crazy because she's been staying in this hospital for nearly a month?" Sungyeol whispered to Sungjong. 

"Probably..." Sungjong replied. They were still looking at Suzy. This time not in confusion but they were a bit creeped out. 

"I heard that.." Suzy shot them an icy look. "Shut up!" Sungyeol stuck his tongue out at her. He nudge Sungjong to copy him and Sungjong did so. Suzy stuck her tongue out back before turning to Myungsoo. "Myunggie! They're bullying me~" Suzy's aegyo bursted out. Myungsoo's heart felt warm. He hardly saw her aegyo. He gave her a little smile before giving the two boys evil looks. They slowly put their tongue in back, sulking. 

"You're so bias!" Sungyeol complained. 

"She's my girlfriend." Myungsoo replied coolly.

"BUT I'm your best friend!" Sungyeol reminded him. 

"So?" Myungsoo shurgged. He turned to Suzy, "I told you not to call me Myunggie." 

Suzy looked at him for a second before replying, "Okay..." She looked away. After about a second, she turned her head sharply back and looked Myungsoo in the eyes, "Myunggie!" She giggled. Myungsoo took a deep breath then sighed. 

"You wanna hear a story?" Myungsoo eagerly asked them. Sungjong nodded. Sungyeol and Suzy exchange glances before nodding. They both had a mischevious look on their faces. Myungsoo didn't seem to notice. "Okay.. here it goes." He paused and looked at them, making sure they were listening. They were. "I was walking to-" 

"Myunggie~" Suzy interrupted him. Her face was serious like he was telling her important news.

Myungsoo looked at Suzy, "What?" 

"Nothing." Suzy replied blankly. 

Myungsoo looked at her weirdly before continuing his story. "Where was I? OH! I was walking to school when-"

"L!" Sungyeol said a little loudly. Suzy was about to laugh but held it in. 

Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol, quite irritated. "What?" 

"I forgot..." Sungyeol pretended to be innocent. 

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. "I was walking to school when I saw-"

"MYUNGGIE!" Suzy sat up. She kept the same serious face that she did before. She was getting a hang of this acting thing. 

"What?" Myungsoo's look was now cold. He waited impatiently for Suzy to answer. 

"I just like that name..." Suzy slouched back. 

"If you don't mind, I want to finish my story."He paused and looked at them. "I saw-"

"LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!" Sungyeol dragged the word. Myungsoo tunred to look at him sharply, giving evil glared. 

"What!?" Myungsoo said through gritted teeth. 

"What did you see?" Sungyeol smiled cheekily. It made Myungsoo's blood boil. He ignored it knowing that Sungjong and Suzy was waiting for him to finish his sotry. 

"I'm getting to that point." He gave Sungyeol one more evil look before turning back to Sungjong and Suzy. "I saw-"

"Myungsoo!" Anoterh interruption. That did it. Myungsoo was annoyed and furious. He was only telling a story. What the hell was wrong with everybody interrupting him!? 

"WHAT!?" He shouted furiously. He realise that it was Sungjong, Suzy or Sungyeol who said it his. He turned around slowly to look at his hyungs who had shock expressions on their faces. "What?" He asked normally. He controlled his voice to make it sound calm and he pretended like he didn't shout at all. 

"What are you shouting for?" Sunggyu asked. "I was only trying to get your attention. Chill, bro, chill." Sunggyu said calmly. Suzy and Sungyeol were giggling, trying not to laugh out loud. "Well anyway, we're going to sleep. You mind if we turn the lights off?" Sunggyu asked. Myungsoo nodded and laid down. 

"Aren't you going to finish your story?" Sungjong asked as he stood up. He waited for Myungsoo to asnwer before heading over to the couch. Sungyeol stood up and already went over there. He yawned. 

"No." Myungsoo replied. He didn't have the energy to tell them the story anymore. It looked like they didn't even want to hear it. He especially didn't want interruptions. 

"Fine then.." Sungjong replied with attitude. He strode over to the couch where Sungyeol was already laying down. Sungyeol shrugged at him when they made eye contact. "Stupid ice prince..." He mumbled. 

Sunggyu turned the lights off. Suzy was still seating up right on the bed, looking around. She wasn't even tired at all but all of them seemed exhausted. She felt someone pull her on the bed. She landed on her stomach, her head facing Myungsoo. "Sleep." Myungsoo demanded. She could see his eyes. His eyes looked fragile. It looked so fragile that if she stared for another minute, it would shatter into pieces. He wrapped his arm around Suzy's waist and pulled her closer to him. He kissed her softly on the head before she moved even closer so her head was on his chest. She pressed her ears against his chest so she could feel his heartbeat. His heartbeat was normal. It made her feel relax. Myungsoo rested his cheek on her head, her hair making it soft for him. 

"I love you" He whispered. He could feel Suzy smile. That made him smile too. 

"I love me too.." Suzy joked.

Myungsoo smirked, "You are so full of yourself." 

Suzy scoffed, "Coming from the guy who needs to look at a mirror 5 times in one minute." Myungsoo was silent. He was going to deny it but he knew he would loose. He was thinking of a comeback when Suzy mummbled something, "I love you too" Myungsoo closed his eyes and before he knew it, he was asleep. 

 

It's 1 am and Suzy still hasn't fallen asleep. It's been 2 hours since everyone else has. She didn't even drink coffee. Thinking of coffee reminded her of someone who loves coffee. She sat up and looked at the direction where Sungjong and Sungyeol were. She couldn't see where Sungyeol was sleeping and she couldn't really be bothered to stand up and check. "Sungyeol!" Suzy's voice was a little louder than usual. Everyone in here was close to a heavy sleeper. The only person who wasn't was Sungyeol. 

It was quiet for a minute, "The ice princess can't sleep?" Sungyeol replied in the dark. 

"Good! You're awake." Silence filled the space between them. "Why aren't you asleep?" 

"I think you know the asnwer." Sungyeol asnwered. He didn't sound tired at all. 

"Coffee?" 

"Yup!" Sungyeol sat up. He could faintly see Suzy's figure. "Hey, wanna draw on their faces?" Sungyeol sounded excited. 

"Challenge accepted!" Suzy got up slowly, trying not to move the bed as much as possible. 

"It's not really a challenge since all of them are quite heavy sleepers. Well jonggie isn't really but he's too tired to wake up." Sungyeol informed her. He rummage through his bag and found  eyeliner to draw with. "We can use this." Suzy nodded. They looked around for their first target. Sungyeol pointed at Sunggyu. "Grandpa Gyu" 

Sungyeol made his way over to where Sunggyu was, Suzy followed him from behind. They crouched over him. They were behind his head. Sungyeol started drawing wrinkles on his forehead before handing over the eyeliner to Suzy. Suzy grinned at him before drawing. She thought about it for a while. She drew wrinkles at the side of his nose making him look even older. They couldn't really see his face properly but it made them laugh anyway. Sungyeol moved along to the person next to him, Woohyun. They drew a monobrow on him and a beard. They looked at each other, satisfied at their work. 

They gave Hoya a black eye and on the other eye, an eye patch. Suzy couldn't stop laughing at Sungyeol's piece of art. "Choding..." She breathed after she stopped laughing. Sungyeol gave her a smile before drawing on Dongwoo. He handed the eyeliner to Suzy. Suzy took it carefully while thinking of what to do. She started to draw big swirls on both of his cheeks making him look like this scary creature from a horror movie. She drew a line down the middle of his face. She coloured his nose, making sure there wasn't any visible skin. Sungyeol gave her a tumbs up and stood up. 

"Let's move on to Sungjong." Sungyeol said as he made his way over to Sungjong. "You can draw on him since he's your best friend and I'll draw on Myungsoo's face." Suzy nodded. She started to draw something on Sungjong's face, blocking Sungyeol's view. "Let me see."

Suzy shook her head, "When I'm done." Sungyeol took a step back, tapping his foot impatiently. "Done!" Suzy stood up and moved aside, making way for Sungyeol to pass through. Sungyeol bursted out laughing as soon as he saw Suzy's work. It took him quite a while to calm down but whenver he did, he would just start laughing again. Suzy smiled at the sight of the choding. "Did I do good master?" Sungyeol nodded, still laughing his off. 

He finally calmed down. "Sungjong's going to kill you for this!" Sungyeol took one look at Sungjong before going over to Myungsoo. He laughed a little as Sungjong's face flashed on his mind. Suzy handed him the eyeliner hesitantly. "Just give it to me. It'll wash away anyway. It's not permanent." Sungyeol held his hand out. Suzy looked at the eyeliner making sure it was permanent pen even though she can't really see the writing on it. She handed it to Sungyeol and wacthed as Sungyeol moved the pen across Myungsoo's beautiful face. 

After about 2 minutes, his work was done. Suzy laughed a little as she saw Myungsoo's new face. "He looks like a foreigner!" Suzy said after she took a breathe. 

"He still looks handsome!" Sungyeol admitted. "Err..." Sungyeol made a disgusted face. He only drew a beard on Myungsoo's face. He was scared that Myungsoo would kill him if he found out. "I think I need to add a little more on his face..." He took the lid off the eyeliner and started to trace the ink on his skin. His evil smile appeared as he drew more. 

 

Suzy and Sungyeol were back to their beds after they finished their bussiness. They were smiling as they looked around, all of them had eyeliner on their faces. They decided to draw on their faces as well to make themselves look less suspicious about it. They promised each other to go over the top when they drew on each other's faces. 

They broke their promise. 

Suzy just drew a bunch of random lines on his face. She made sure that while she was drawing on his face, the pen never left his skin which made it worse. He looked like a toddler mistook his face for a piece of paper. She wrote 'POO' on his forehead making SUngyeol suspicious when she laughed as she wrote it. 

On the other hand, Sungyeol made Suzy a pirate/cat/caveman in one go. Suzy had a monobrow (a very think monobrow). She had whiskers on her cheeks and an eyepatch on one of her eyes. Sungyeol decided later to colour in her chin becasue it would look really funny. Screw would, it was really funny.

They weren't allowed to look at the mirror before tomorrow. They even made a bet. The person who keeps the ink on their face for the longest wins. The loser gets to be a slave for the winner. Sungyeol was competetive since he was a choding and Suzy was competetive because it was part of her personality. 

They looked at each other before they laid down. A smile broke on their faces. "Night yeollie~" Suzy said before she yawned. This was the first time she pulled a prank on anybody. She didn't really waste time pulling pranks on her brother because she thought it was immature. She sighed as she thought at how she could've not done this when her brother still lived with her and her parents. It was so fun that she could do it all day and night.

"Night kitty!" Sungyeol chuckled as he laid down. Sungyeol did this a lot to his brother and became an expert through experiences. It was a prank that he'd always enjoy. 

That's how their night ended (or early morning started). A smile on their face as they drifted off to dreamland. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hai guys! Saying this again before someone mentions it: I did not proofread so I'm sorry for any weird/awkward spelling and grammer mistakes. I felt like writing a chillax and fun chapter.. well the end was the only fun bit but still.. :P The next chapter - I will describe what Sungjong's face looks like after the SuSu (pairing name for Sungyeol and Suzy ;]) drew on it - that is if I don't forget ;D I hope you guys enjoyed and liked this chapter~ Thank you for reading and supporting my fic~!! <333 Love you all :DD 

 

Love, asdfghjklomg!