Chapter 21

Cherry Blossom Tree

"You see her too right?" Sungyeol whispered to Myungsoo. Myungsoo responded witha nod, not looking at Sungyeol. Apart from the noise Sungyeol made, the room was quiet. All eyes were on the girl, who simple just stared at them back with bright smile. Suzy gave her brother a little nudge but Woohyun just kept his eyes on the girl. Sungjong and Sunggyu were amazed by her existance and her apperance. 

The girl had brown hair that had a tint of orange. Her hair reach her waist and it was loosely curled. She was wearing a white dress with a red bow around her waist and she wore beige sandals. Her face looked make-up free (you could almost mistake ehr for wearing lipstick because of her rosy lips) and her nails were painted a light shade of pink. She wore a necklace with a heart shape diamond on it; she didn't wear any bracelets; she had a diamond ring on her ring finger. Her beauty was overwhelming that even animals would stop and look. 

Except for her presence and beauty, the ring caught Woohyun's eyes. He stared at it for a minute before looking back at the girl. He felt warm hands hold his and he didn't bother to look to find out who it belonged to, he knew it was Suzy's. The girl looked at each of them, one by one. Her smile didn't fade as she lookd at them. She looked at Woohyun last, their gaze locked on each other. 

"How long has it been?" It was as if she sang the words. The smile was smaller than it was before, it didn't reach her eyes anymore. 

The question was targertted at Woohyun but Suzy decided to answer. "It's been a while unnie." All pair of eyes were on Suzy now except for Woohyun's, whose eyes were still glued at the girl. "It's nice to see you after a long time. I never thought I'd ever see you again though." Suzy gave the girl a smile. 

"It hasn't even been that long but you've grown a lot Suzy." The girl looked at Myungsoo. "It's nice to finally see you with someone." The girl sounded happy as she said that, she even sounded a bit excited. Suzy just nodded, all pair of eyes were back on the girl. 

All this time, Woohyun has been staring at her without blinking. "You might wanna blink to moist your eyes before it dries up." The girl was now looking at Woohyun, her eyebrows raised. Woohyun did as he was told. "You haven't change at all, Woonnie~" The girl giggled. Woohyun smiled as he heard her cute giggle. He hadn't heard that laugh in almost a year now. It doesn't seem that long but for him, it felt like it's been decades since he last saw her. 

"You too... Hyomin..." He replied quietly. Suzy let out a small smile when he heard him say her name. Hyomin smiled brightly when she heard him say her name. She loved it the most when he said her name. The stared at each other for a while, ignoring the audience that were watching them.

"So... is she human or...?" Sungyeol asked. He got elbowed by Sungjong when he opened his mouth. "OW!" Sungjong glared at him, signalling him to shut up but he dodge it and looked at Suzy. "Is she?" 

Suzy looked at him, "She's dead. She's a ghost." She made it sound like it's not a big deal. She made it sound like she saw a ghost everday. All of them had so many questions to ask (except for Woohyun and Hyomin who continued to look at each other) that Suzy can't even understand them because they were talking at the same time. "SHHHHHHHH!" Suzy shush them, frustrated. 

She pointed at Sungjong, "Who is she?" Sungjong asked as he looked at Hyomin then back at Suzy. 

"She's Woohyun oppa's dead fiance. Come to think of it, is she still his fiance?" Suzy looked up at space, thinking about it deeply. She saw the ring on her finger, her engangement ring. She didn't dare say it out loud, knowing that Sunggyu was present. Saying that she was Woohyun's dead fiance was enough to cause trouble. She peeked at Sunggyu from the corner of her eyes, he seemed lost in thought too. 

"Why is she here?" Myungsoo asked, showing no expression whatsoever. Suzy was deep in thoughts again as questions filled her head. Why was she here? Did she come to haunt them? Is she planning to kill them? Is she doing a secret mission? All these questions went through Suzy's head. 

She ignored Myungsoo and looked at Hyomin, "UNNIE!" She shouted, trying to catch her attention. Hyomin turned her head slowly to look at Suzy. She waited for Suzy to continue. "Myungsoo asked a very good question. Why are you here? I don't mean it in a horrible way... Just curious." 

Hyomin looked at Woohyun then back at Suzy, smiling. She was always smiling. "Can't I visit now and then?" Her smile grew bigger which made her smile smaller. "I wanted to see how you were getting one. The was a pretty nasty fall." She looked worried and concerned. Sunggyu looked away, embarrassed and guilty. Hyomin looked at Sunggyu, a blank expression occupied her face. "I'm glad you finally met someone..." Hyomin was talking to Woohyun but she didn't look at him. She touched the ring on her finger, trying to hide it after. 

"His name is Sunggyu. Kim Sunggyu." Myungsoo informed her. 

"I know." The room suddenly became so quiet and awkward. Hyomin was still looking at Sunggyu, he didn't dare to look at her. He doesn't even know why. Woohyun moved by walking towards her, all eyes were on him. He walked slowly, trembling, exming her up and down. She doesn't even look dead (minus the whole ghost effect). Hyomin took a step back. Her face expression showed that she was scared but inside, she just didn't want Woohyun to touch her. She knows he was going to. 

Woohyun was now in front of Hyomin, just an inch away from her. Woohyun held his hand out, he didn't touch Hyomin. It was like he was waiting for Hyomin to hold his hand. "You do know I'll just go through you?" Hyomin stared at his hand, trying to dig a hole through it. 

"Worth a try." Woohyun dropped his hand in disappointment. Hyomin gave him an apologetic look before her existence slowly faded away. "Where are you going!?" Woohyun panicked.

A soft smile appeared on Hyomin's face. She was nearly gone. "I have a limit. I'm not even suppose to be here. I'll see you soon. I'll explain-" Before she could finish, she disappeared. All that was left was the empty spot that she left. Everyone stared at the spot for a brief second. Then they were looking at Woohyun now. 

Sunggyu got up and went over to where his boyfriend was standing. He placed his hand on Woohyun's shoulder, trying to comfort. He was confuse at why he was doing it. The girl was his ex fiance and he was his boyfriend at this time. Woohyun just nodded. He turned around and nodded again at Sunggyu. His eyes or face didn't show any expression at all. 

"Suzy..." Woohyun began. "Get well soon" Woohyun's expression was serious. You could see it in his eyes. The other thing that you can tell was that he was worried.

Suzy nodded, not saying a word. An action was enough. 

 

"I GIVE UP ON THIS THING." Suzy threw her hands in the air in frustration. Myungsoo looked up from the school work he was doing. If it was easy for him, this would be a piece of cake for Suzy. 

"What do you mean? Everything is easy for you." Myungsoo said. Suzy raised her eyebrow like he was missing the point. She waited for him to realise it but judging by his face expression, it doesn't look like he will anytime time soon. 

Suzy sighed heavily then pointed at her hand, "My head is damaged if you forgot." Myungsoo replied with a blank and confuse expression, this just frustrated Suzy even more. Lately she's been angry, easily-tempered or stress. The doctor said it's because of the healing but Suzy doesn't think so. Why does her feelings affect the healing process? Even though he's a doctor, Suzy refused to believe that it's that. She doesn't know why she's feeling like that but she knows it's something else.

"Are you pregnant or something? Why are you- nevermind." Myungsoo looked away, trying not to laugh at Suzy's expression when he mentioned the words 'pregnant'. 

"What the actual hell is wrong with you? Pregnant? Seriously?" Suzy scoffed. "If I was pregnant, you wouldn't be the daddy cos we haven't done it." Suzy looked back on a peice of paper that contained very confusing questions. She couldn't asnwer them so she decided on scribble randon shapes on the piece of paper. Her eyes furrowed as she drowned herself in her thoughts. Myungsoo just looked at her. "Quit staring at me." She complained. 

"Who said I was staring at you?" Myungsoo asked. 

"Your eyes did." 

"My eyes can lie." Myungsoo was looking for an argument. He was bored and doing school work was the last thing he wanted to do. 

"So can your mouth." Suzy snpped back. 

"Have you lied before?" Myungsoo was now curious at Suzy's lying abilities and maybe her acting skills too. 

"Yes." Suzy didn't even hesitate.

"What was it?"

"Confessing to you." Suzy looked at Myungsoo straight in the eye as she said it.

Myungsoo kept a cool expression on his face and he leaned against his chair. "Good. I was lying too." 

Suzy shrugged and look back at the piece of paper. "Get out." Myungsoo was taken aback by her response. "I said get out." Suzy repeated, not looking up. He was about to refuse and explain when Suzy read his mind. "Don't even think about it."

Myungsoo stood up and stayed stood (not moving) for a minute. "Suzy..." 

Suzy looked up but didn't look at him. She stared straight ahead at the white wall. "I don't want to hear it." 

"But Suzy..." Myungsoo was whispering now. 

"Let's break up." Suzy annouced. Myungsoo froze. He stopped breathing, well it felt like he stopped breathing. An arrow hit his heart. He didn't know how to respond to what Suzy just said. Why was she being like this? Last time Myungsoo checked, he didn't do anything wrong. Did she really mean it? Was she joking? She can't be. Her face is so serious. WHAT IS GOING ON!? 

Suzy laughed. Myungsoo didn't even know that Suzy was looking at him, observing his facial expression. "Get me some coffee, please"  Suzy waited for him to move. 

Myungsoo was brought back to reality hearing Suzy's demand. "What? What did you say?" 

"I said get me some coffee please." Suzy said it slowly this time.

Myungsoo gave her an icy stare. "You just broke up with me and your asking me to get you some coffee!?" Myungsoo raised his voice a little. 

Suzy rolled her eyes and got out of bed. She stood beside Myungsoo, turning him to face her. They both stared into each other's eyes. Suzy could feel that she was getting because of his stare. Her heartbeart increased as each second pass. She grabbed Myungsoo's face and squeezed it. "You are so adorable." She let go, leaving a confuse look on Myungsoo's face. "I was only joking. Calm down Myunggie~" She gigled when she said 'myunggie'. She climbedd abck on the bed, still watching Myungsoo. 

"Don't call me Myunggie." He headed out to get her coffee. He was amazed by her acting skills and he didn't want to see anymore of it. He closed the door quietly but beofre it was fully shut, he heard Suzy say "I love you". He coudn't help but smile. It made him forget about what just happened and he was glad that it did. 

When Myungsoo got back, he found the hospital room empty. He thought that maybe Suzy just went to the bathroom so he took a sit next to her bed and waited. He decided to do some school work to kill time as he waited. 

He looked at the clock on the wall and it's been an hour. Suzy wasne't back yet. He started to worry as he drummed his fingers on the bed impatiently. His breathing got heavier as he waited as well as his heart beating faster. He checked his hpone and there was about 10 missed calls. He checked who it was from: 3 from Sunggyu, 3 from Woohyun and 4 from Sungyeol. There wasn't any messages. He started to panic as he decided to ring Woohyun. 

It tooke about 3 rings before Woohyun answered. 

Hello? 

"Woohyun hyung..."

Myungsoo! Finally!

"Hyung.. whats wrong?"

Nothing. I was bored so I decided to ring you. 

"Is Sunggyu hyung with you?"

Yup and your best friend too.

"What is Sungyeol doing with you two?"

Getting drunk

"He's drinking!?"

Yeah.. drinking coffee

Myungsoo could hear Woohyun giggle. "Hyung it's not funny."

Chill.. Why are you so... why are you acting so panicky?

Silence. "Nothing."

Well bye

"Bye"

Myungsoo hanged up. He still didn't know where Suzy was. He stood up, tapping his foot on the ground. He was thinking of what to do next. Should he go hunting for Suzy. But what if he does go and Suzy comes back just as soon as he left? But what if she doesn't? He has never panicked this much in his life until now. 

He decided to go and look for Suzy. e walked quickly towards the door and walked over to the office/reception neraby. The woman at the desk looked busy with some files but he didn't have time to wait for her to look up. "Have you seen Suzy?" Suzy was well known in the hospital now. He didn't know how but she was famous in this hospital. 

The nurse looked up, "Yeah. She went outside."

Myungsoo stared at the nurse like she was lying. "Is she even allowed outside? By herself?" 

The nurse gave Myungsoo a gentle smile, "I don't see why not." 

Myungsoo just nodded before walking off. He took big strides and walked fast so he would be able to reach the exit faster. It was cold outside and Suzy would get sick if all she wore was that stupid hospital gown. Myungsoo never really liked the hospital gown. It looked boring. Well, he could list all the reasons why he hated it. But he reached the xit before he could even name another one. He didn't realise that he was out of breath before he actually stopped. He must have ran here. 

He stepped outside as cold air welcomed him. He shivered a little as he looked around, searching for Suzy. He crossed his arm, trying to keep himself warm but failing anyway. He scanned the place in front of him. The dark wasn't helping at all. The lampost only gave a tiny amount of light. 

He searched for the fourth, this time opening his eyes wide and moving his head slowly. He was about to walk forward when someone's arms wrapped around his waist pulling him back. "I should get you some glasses old man." Myungsoo froze as he felt Suzy's breath on his skin. For a plit second, he forgot that she was 'missing'. 

He turned around to look at Suzy, "Where have you been?" 

Suzy smiled, "On earth."

Myungsoo raised his eyebrows, "I hate your sarcasm." 

"Deal with it." Suzy stuck her tongue out. 

"You should be put in prison." Myungsoo said. 

"You should be inside, drinking coffee." 

Myungsoo remembered the coffee that Suzy asked for. "You told me to get you coffee but you disappear. Now it's cold." 

Suzy shrugged and wrapped her arms around Myungsoo's neck, "Meh..." Myungsoo wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him. "I'm cold." Suzy pouted and ruined the moment. Myungsoo was just about to kiss her before she interrupted. Suzy could see the annoyance and disappointment that Myungsoo showed. "Let's go in and make out inside there instead." Suzy laughed as she dragged Myungsoo in. 

They arrived at the hospital room only to find it occupied with people. Myungsoo sighed as Woohyun smiled at him. "Well, better luck next time." Suzy whsipered as she held Myungsoo's hand tighter. 

"Why are you guys here?" Myungsoo asked, looking at Sungyeol and Sungjong who was sitting there quietly. 

"Nice to see you too best friend!" Sungyeol said. He didn't look please at his best friend's welcoming words. 

"We're staying here for the night." Sunggyu said, looking at Suzy. Suzy nodded and gave Myungsoo's hand a squeeze. 

"Why?" Myungsoo's endless questioning sessions continues. 

"Because Suzy is my sister." Woohyun reasoned. Myungsoo nodded and looked at Sunggyu.

"Because mum said I have to look after you for tonight. They told me to look at how you're doing since they can't do that." Sunggyu said. Myungsoo looked at him, as if he was waiting for Sunggyu to admit that it was a lie even though there's 99% chance he's telling the truth. He moved his gaze over to Sungjong. 

"Because Suzy is my best friend." Myungsoo raised his eyebrow. "Don't get the wrong idea. I have no crush or secret love for her whatsoever."

"Thanks..." Suzy said with a hint of sarcasm in her voice. Sungjong smiled cheekily at her. 

"I'm here because I'm lonely at home." Sungyeol pouted. 

"Where's your parents?" Myungsoo questioned. 

Sungyeol sighed, "Work." Myungsoo nodded and took his usual seat. 

The room was filled with laughter and happy voices in no time. Sungyeol was the one who lifted the mood up most of the times and he would be the one making them laugh as well. Myungsoo would try to keep a blank expression but would break a smile now and then as he watched his best friend tell funny stories and act hyper. Suzy laughed like there's no tomorrow while WooGyu would be all lovey dovey if they weren't laughing. Sungjong kept rolling his eyes everytime Sungyeol would tell a joke. 

"Dongwoo hyung and Hoya hyung are on their way!" Sungjong annouced. 

"Great..." Myungsoo muttered. Suzy giggled at his reaction and kissed him on the cheeks. That made Myungsoo's mood a little bit happier knowing that he had her by his side. 

The laughing continues as they waited for their two other friends to arrive. The atmosphere was similar to the atmosphere when you have fun family gatherings. The atmosphere was really happy. If some random stranger walked in there, they would think they were in one family. That's how close and happy they looked. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hai guys~! Here's another update. Just reminding: I didn't proofread this chapter so I'm sorry for any awkward and weird spelling and grammer mistakes. I'll do comment replies tomorrow ^_^ I wanted Hyomin to appear because the thousandth man has hyomin&woohyun pairing. Woohyun looked so adorable in it and Sunggyu made a special appearance as Woohyun's best friend. They're both so cute XD WOOGYU WOOHOO! Hahahah, well anyways... I hope you guys enjoyed and like this chapter ^_^ Feel free to comment on what you think~ 

 

Love, asdfghjklomg!