Chapter 17

Cherry Blossom Tree

It was 6:30pm. The ambulance came at 5:43pm. The accident happened at 5:38pm. It started raining outside just a few minutes ago. No one noticed until a nurse came in and pointed it out. Myungsoo was seating at Suzy's right side, holding her hand. Woohyun was sitting on the other side, watching his sister carefully. Sunggyu... Sunggyu wasnt there, he didn't go. Woohyun wouldn't let him and Sunggyu didn't need to ask for Myungsoo's answer, he already knew. He apologise, the words stumbled out. He wanted to go but he wasn't allowed. He didn't mean it. He meant no harm... for Suzy. He went home and locked himself in his appartment, curling up on the couch, looking at a wall. Woohyun said he could visit when Myungsoo was in school but Myungsoo didn't want to go to school. He wanted to stay by Suzy's side. He wanted to be there when she wakes up. But that would take quite a while. 

The doctor said that they were lucky. If they waited for a few more minutes to call the ambulance, Suzy could have died. When Suzy arrived at the hospital, the two were all over the place. Myungsoo didn't want to let go of Suzy's hand and Woohyun was being understanding and tried to pull Myungsoo away. The doctor said that Suzy was bleeding internally and she needed to be operated right away. Woohyun agreed since he was legal to be her gurdian and make decisions, also he knew that he'd parents wanted it as long as would Suzy live. The operation took a long time but it was worth it. Suzy survived and she would live. She had a broken ankle, the doctor said that it would heal before she wakes up, it wasn't that serious. Her head was bandage since she pretty much hit her head on the stairs more than any part of her body. Because of her head injury, she would be in concusion for at least 2 weeks. The minor injuries were bruises, even though it looked like hell. The doctor gave her a medicine to numb everything, so she won't feel it when she wakes up. 

Woohyun and Myungsoo didn't care about her being in a concussion or being numb or whatever else there is, as long as she's alive, they're fine with anything. Suzy's parents came to visit for a short while, they had to go back to work as soon as they can. Suzy's mum cried which made Woohyun cry which made Suzy's dad cry (quietly as he turned his back). Myungsoo was the only one wit a blank expression as he watched Suzy. He's been crying inside since he saw Suzy on the floor earlier. 

Woohyun and Myungsoo were quiet as they watched over Suzy. Suzy looked peaceful, like she wasn't even in pain. She looked like she was only sleeping. There was lots of tubes and needles stuck to her. The hospital room was quite big since they needed to have a few big machines by her. The only small machine was the heart machine. One machine fed her, one made her numb and the other one helped her with her breathing. 

Woohyun and Myungsoo decided to spend the night at the hospital. They didn't want to leave Suzy's side. They didn't want to let her out of their sight. Woohyun would sniff now and then, he would take glances at Myungsoo. Myungsoo would notice and look at him blankly. Woohyun would give him an apologetic look, since this was all his boyfriend's fault. Myungsoo only nodded and Woohyun sweared down, he could see water forming in Myungsoo's eyes. When Myungsoo realised, he would look away. 

Myungsoo looked at his beautiful and unconscious girlfriend. He looked at the tubes and needles attach to every visible part of her body. There was a long tube attached to her hand that he was holding. He trace it with his fingers, up until where her elbows were. He sighed as he took another look at Suzy. I hate it how you look dead. I hate the stupid tubes and the stupid needles. I hate the stupid machine that's surrounding you. I only like the heart machine, it's the only thing that tells me that you're alive. I hate the stairs and most of all, I despise Sunggyu for turning you into this. This should be me. Suzy! WHY THE HELL DID YOU HAVE TO MOVE IN FRONT OF ME AND GET PUSH BY THAT STUPID BASTARD!? Do you know how much it hurts? To see you like this? Do you know how much I died waiting for the doctor to tell me that you're alive? I shouldn't be complaining since you're the one that suffered but WHAT THE HELL SUZY!? Myungsoo thought as he started to cry quietly. 

Woohyun watched him and his heart ache so much. This was love. Pure love. He remembered the time that he was last here. The last time that he was sitting here. He understands how Myungsoo feels, watching his girlfriend in a hospital bed. He didn't know what to do now. Should he break up with Sunggyu? But he loves him too much. He loves him as much as he loves Hyomin. He can't let go of Sunggyu, but he needs to. For Suzy. He wacthed as Myungsoo wiped the tears away, he watched as Myungsoo stayed strong by Suzy's side. 

"It should've been me that's lying in this bed right now, not Suzy." Myungsoo blurted out. He didn't look at Woohyun, his eyes still fix on Suzy. 

"No one should be lying in this bed. No one." Woohyun's voice was low and croaky. He cleared his throat and took a peek at Suzy. "She's really lucky. She's lucky to have you. She's lucky to live..." His voice disappeared as he could feel the tears forming. It was suddenly hard for him to swallow. 

"She's lucky to have you too. She's lucky to have such a good brother like you." Myungsoo looked at Woohyun. "She's happy for you. She's happy that you found Sunggyu." He added some venom in his voice. He didn't even call Sunggyu with a 'hyung' anymore. He didn't deserve to be respected. Not after what he did to Suzy. 

Woohyun smiled and looked at Suzy, tears start rolling down his cheeks. "I don't think I can do it." It was hard for him to speak. It felt like a big massive ball was stuck in his throat. 

"I don't think she'd want you to." Myungsoo said. He knew exactly what Woohyun meant. "She wants you to be happy. No matter who or what it is." Myungsoo's voice was calm now. 

"That's exactly what's wrong with Suzy." Woohyun paused, taking Suzy's hand in his. "As long as the love ones around her is happy, no matter how much she's hurting, she'd do anything." Another paused. "She's changed a lot since she met you. Her real personality came out. She wasn't that cold anymore, only when she was annoyed or angry." Woohyun pointed out. 

Myungsoo smiled a little, "Same for me." 

Silence filled the room. It was now 7:15pm. They felt like time was dragging. It would drag for the next few days. Woohyun asked Myungsoo if he wanted to eat, Myungsoo shook his head. Myungsoo told him that he should go and eat but Woohyun sighed and stayed put. They both didn't have an appetite to eat. Woohyun stood up and walked around the room, stretching his legs and arms. He went over to the window, it was still raining. He stood there for a while, drowning himself in his thoughts. 

The machine started to make loud noises suddenly, making them both jump. Woohyun rushed over quickly and it was a small machine that was making the noise. Somehow, they managed to let that small machine get untotice because it was the first time they've seen it. A doctor and two nurses came in quickly. Thhe doctor told Myungsoo and Woohyun to go outside for a while. They were disobedient at first but soon followed the doctor's orders. There wasn't a window to look through so they stood against the wall and waited, their hearts were about to explode.

After some time, the doctor came out with the nurses. Woohyun and Myungsoo stood up properly and waited for the doctor to explain. The doctor was looking through a bunch of papers. He looked up, "I'm not sure if you know what the machine does, judging by your faces." The two nodded. "You can call that machine a life machine." The two gave the doctor a blank and confuse look. The doctor chuckled, "It's because it tells me if Suzy begins to regain conciousness." Their eyes opened wide. The doctor shook his head, like he knew what they were thinking. "No. She hasn't. Well, she did for a while but she was unconcious again. This is a good sign though. She might wake up earlier than we've expected." The doctor gave them both a reassuring smile. They didn't realise that the two nurses already left. "We'll be observing Suzy closely from now on." The doctor said before he left. 

The two went back to the room and stop just as they took a few steps. Suzy still looked like she was sleeping minus all the tubes, needles and machines surrounding her. Woohyun sighed and Myungsoo felt something pinch his heart. They can't even explain what they see with words. She even looked beautiful like that. They took their usaul seat and stared at Suzy again. They were waiting, but they didn't get their hopes up that much.

It was getting late but they didn't feel sleepy at all. They could watch Suzy all day how Suzy could look at the cherry blossom tree all day. 

 

It was 8am and Woohyun managed to fall asleep, his head next to Suzy's arm. Myungsoo stayed up all night, watching over Suzy then soon, he was watching Woohyun too. Even though he stayed up, he didn't feel tired at all. Watching Suzy was kind of entertaining for him, even though she just lay there. Myungsoo didn't bother to go to school. No one would look for him anyway, well except for Sungyeol and maybe Sungjong. 

Woohyun started to shift in his seat and sat up, blinking a few times to get his vision straight. He looked at his sister and pouted. He looked at Myungsoo, "Did you sleep?"

Myungsoo didn't bother to look at him, "No."

"You should." Woohyun insisted. 

"I don't want to." Myungsoo refuse.

"You're so stubborn." Woohyun sighed. "You're acting like a child."

Myungsoo looked at him and smiled a little. He sounded like Suzy since Suzy said that nearly every day. Woohyun was taken aback by what the younger boy did but he couldn't help to smile back. Myungsoo looked back at Suzy, he was still holding her hand. He remembers the first time they met when she said that he was stubborn. That was one of the best day of his life. He gave Suzy's hand a gentle squeeze and smiled. 

"She's going to wake up." Woohyun blurted out. 

"I know." 

"Do you want breakfast?" Woohyun asked. 

"No, thanks." Myungsoo didn't feel like eating. It might take a while for him to get his appetite back. 

Woohyun looked at him then sighed. He couldn't be bothered to go all the way to the cafe, it was quite far from Suzy's room. He stood up and walked around, stretching every muscle he has. He went over to the window and looked out. It was still raining. 

"Did it rain all night?" Woohyun asked Myungsoo. 

"Yes." Myungsoo didn't really want to talk. 

Woohyun seemed to get the hint as he didn't ask anymore questions. He looked out at the people running in the hospital, trying not to get wet. A familiar figure caught his eye. The guy had black hair and he was fairly tall. He sheltered himself with a small umbrella. Woohyun didn't know how he could even stay dry. The guy started to walk in the hospital, leaving Woohyun looking at no one. 

After a few minutes, the door opened slowly. No one bothered to look since it could be a nurse. They heard the door shut quietly then they heard the footsteps. Suzy's bed was a bit far away from the door. It would at least take you about fifteen small steps to get from the door to Suzy's bed. 

The footsteps stop, still no one turned to look. It was quiet for a really long time and still no one bothered to look at who it was. 

"Woohyun hyung..." The voice was low but fragile. 

Woohyun turned around and Myungsoo manage to ignore it. He was too busy looking at Suzy. It could've been one of Suzy's relatives. "OH! Soohyun-ah!" Woohyun exclaimed. He walked over to the boy. So, he was the guy that was standing outside under the small umbrella. He gave Soohyun a hug. "When did you arrive?" 

"This morning. Your parents called and I booked a ticket right away after I heard what happened to... Suzy." Soohyun eyed Suzy then his eyes drifted to the guy seating next to her bed, holding her hand.

Woohyun followed his gaze and smiled. "Myungsoo..." He paused and waited for Myungsoo to turn around. "This is Kim Soohyun. Hyomin's younger brother." Woohyun introduced him. He turned to look at Soohyun. "This is Myungsoo. Our neighbour and Suzy's boyfriend." 

Myungsoo looked at the guy blankly. He was still able to give him an icy look. The guy was handsome and his eyes were small, kind of like his brother's. It could be bigger by a small fraction. He was tall, taller than him. He wore a simple blue top and jeans. His hair was slightly wet and he was holding a small folded umbrella. He then remembered what Suzy said about him. How her brother and his sister tried to set them up together but failed. It was the first time that he felt jealous. One of the feelings that he hated. Why was he here? Myungsoo felt a pinch on his heart. He looked at Woohyun then back at the guy. Kim Soohyun Myungsoo thought. He didn't allow the feeling of being jealous take over him so he shrugged lightly and turned his attention back on Suzy. 

"Sorry about him. He hasn't slept and plus, his girlfriend is in a concussion." Woohyun whispered to Soohyun, hoping that Myungsoo didn't hear. Myungsoo heard but ignored it. Myungsoo tuned his head slightly so he could see them at the corner of his eyes. He saw Soohyun nod.

"It must be tough for him." Soohyun said in sympathy. Myungsoo hated it when people took pity of him. 

Woohyun nodded in agreement, "The person that did this to Suzy was... his brother." Woohyun shivered as the scene played back in his mind. 

Soohyun's eyes opened wide, as he looked at Woohyun, then Suzy then at Myungsoo. He didn't know what to say to that. How could Myungsoo's brother do this to her? 

"It was by accident." Woohyun said. It was like he could read Soohyun's mind. Soohyun looked at him, asking for more. "Myungsoo and his brother had a fight. Suzy got in the middle, she was the one who ended up in the hospital. She was trying to defend and protect Myungsoo but it didn't stop his brother from hurting him." Woohyun sounded plain. "Worst of all, Myungsoo's brother is my boyfriend."

Soohyun's eyes opened wide again as he looked at Woohyun. Boyfriend? Wow. He only left for a year and lots of things happened and changed. He wondered what Woohyun would say next to surprise him. Boyfriend? He remembered the times that he saw him and his sister together. They were unseparable. No one could separate them. Well, no one but death. He shuddered at the thought of it. 

He was lost in his thoughts that the beeping machine made him jump. He saw Myungsoo sit up straight and Woohyun rush over to Suzy. He didn't know what was happening or what to do so he stayed frozen where he was. A doctor and three nurses came in. Myungsoo and Woohyun stepped aside but the doctor motioned them to go outside. Myungsoo sighed and gave his girlfriend a worried look as he went out. Woohyun walked quite quickly, dragging Soohyun behind him. 

When they were outside, no one talked. They waited for news. Even Soohyun who didn't know what was happening stayed silent. He waited as well. The door opened and Suzy was being pushed out in her bed. They all froze and waited for the doctor to stop and tell them what was happening but he didn't. The nurse grabbed they attention when she started to talk. 

"Suzy needs to be checked up and possibly need emergency operation right now. The Doctor Lee is trying his best. You can't follow them so I'll take you to a waiting room and you can wait there." The nurse started to walk away. They looked at Suzy as she disappeared in the hallway. 

They followed the nurse. Woohyun dragged his feet and Myungsoo took heavy footsteps. Soohyun was the only one who looked calm but inside he was freaking out. They all felt nervous and Myungsoo felt like he was about to vomit any time soon. It seemed like a long way from Suzy's hospital room to the waiting room. But they finally arrived. 

"I'll inform you if there is any news regarding Suzy." The nurse headed for the door when Woohyun stopped her by talking. 

"W-what... happened?" He stuttered. 

The nurse looked at him apologetically, "Sorry I can't tell you. The doctor gave me strict intrustions not to tell you. There might have been changes as we speak now." The nurse told him. She opened the door and quickly walked out before any of them could ask a question. 

They were all separated in the room, one at each corner. Woohyun looked at the floor, Soohyun looked at the clock and Myungsoo looked at the door. Silence surrounded them as they waited. If they hold their breath, they could probably hear each other's heart beating. Beating really fast that it sounded like they were having a heart attack. They didn't plan on talking. They words wouldn't come out. All they thought about at this time was Suzy. 

 

It's been two hours since Suzy was taken away. As time goes by, they became more and more nervous. They didn't know what happened or what was happening. All they know was that the life machine started beeping and making noises and the doctors took her away after that. Well, maybe not all of them since Soohyun knew nothing about it. They didn't bother to explain it to him, they thought that he might not care and just wanted to wait for news about Suzy. 

The door opened slowly and everyone stood up as they waited for the person to come in. The nurse from before came in and gave them a slight smile. She close the door slowly and quietly and looked at them. There was silence for a few minutes. 

"Suzy is back in her room and the doctor Lee is waiting for you in there." The nurse said as she went back out. They followed her out and it looked like she was heading for Suzy's room too. They walked through the corridor, the footsteps heavy again. They were all nervous more than they were waiting for the news. It seemed like something bad was going to happen. They brace themselves as the nurse opened the door slowly to Suzy's room. 

The nurse went in first, followed by Myungsoo then Woohyun then Soohyun. There were about five nurses in there, including the nurse that brought them there. The nurses were all over the place. The nurses didn't look at them, their attention was focus on Suzy. It was only the doctor that was looking at them. But the boys weren't looking at the doctor, but at Suzy. There were still tubes and needles stuck to Suzy. Her head was still bandaged. There were more machines than there were before and the room suddenly looked full. There were more noise from the machines and the life machine was still there.  It wasn't the number of nurses that made them freeze. The boys froze when they saw her. When they saw Suzy. 

Suzy was sitting upright on her bed. Her eyes were wide open, staring at the boys. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heeeeeeeeeey~! It feels like it's been a long time O.O So how are you? hehehe.. Okay, half the stuff that happened to Suzy is made up and might not happen in real life. I am not a doctor or a nurse or anything related to that (thank goodness) I'm sorry for any medical mistakes and I did try to research somethings and ask my mum as well (she's a nurse). I'll explain all the medical things like Suzy's injury and the life machine after the comment replies. Read it if you're curoius ^^; WOOHOO! Kim Soo Hyun! I didn't know who else to add since Kim Soo Hyun has a good friendship with Suzy :D I hope you like this chapter and please comment on what you think below~! Enjoy~~~~~~~ I didn't proof read this. I'm sorry for any weird or awkward spelling and grammer mistakes. -.-# Thank you for the new subscribers~!! <3

Comment Replies:

@Pink3raser: Haahaha, I like that bit too XD Wohooo~! Go kpop!! <3 IKR~ Older siblings blame everything to the younger ones =.= hohoho I agree.. Sunggyu should blame his parents instead!

@soelle1000: Thank you~! ^^ hehehe! SUZY WON'T DIE~! :) Don't worry~ This chapter is not as good as I thought it would be :| I'll do my best for the next one~! ^___^

@loveisyam: OMG. Clingyu Myungsoo~ I wonder what he'd be like. His character in SUFBB was cold too :| Yes, it would be interesting~! That's good to hear ^__^ At least you're not lonely :P heheehehe! Nice teachers are the best *tumbs up* WOOOHOOO! How was your first week~? ^^ Glad I could make you laugh :D IKR~ They're so childish xD Would you be able to ignore Myungsoo even if you had a test and didn't want to get distracted? ;D hahahaha OMG. Jealousy should be a law or something. Like you'r enot allowed to be jealous and shizz. It can cause death O.O well, it can cause death in stories. Does it cause death in real life? Lol. Idk~ :)) They seriously need to stop. I mean Suzy nearly died right? YES! I HAVE! I saw it when I was looking for 2PM gifs (the ones from the last chapter). I was like oh . Some comments on the video were quite hilarious. How come only the 2PM members only realise Suzy when she was dragged and the rest of the people were like... OH PRETTY PLANT! :)) But did you see the article on allkpop? The one were there was a ghost in the cf? OMG. I coulnd't even look at the picture. I'm like Dongwoo with this scary shizz >.< 

@Yes-Zirrr: Hello~ Thank you for commenting and reading my story ^.^ Myungzy feels, tell me about it XD It's okay ^_^ 

@honetkitty: OMG. yeah! What's wrong with Myungsoo!? LOL. Maybe it's because Suzy became stubborn? LOL :') Suzy will be fine soon, I hope :P You're welcome~

@pink14: OMG. Thank you sooo much for saying that~ It really made me smile *^.^* Sorry if this chapter is a disappointment. I mean that it's not that good and it wasn't what you've expected... I'll try my best in the next chapter~! ^___^ I will neeeeveeeer let Suzy forget him! I already did that on my other MyungZy fanfic :)))) I didn't want the same thing to happen on this xD Maybe you need (insert bias name here) to make you feel you better since you're heart is crying :P Or will you cry even more because of happiness? XD OTL You're very welcome reader-nim~! ^^

@gysviolen: Yes, yes I am XD Wooohoooo! Another hottest :DD *high fives you* OMG. I was smiling so much when I was writing that bit. Imagine Myungsoo dancing to gee then dancing to I'll be back and being beastly xD OTL The cold guy truned into... that XD *joins in laughing with you then rolls on the floor and starts crying* Okay, being over the top here :P OOOOOOOMMMMMMGGGG. I'm writing this comment and 2PM's I'll be back came on. I'm laughing soooo much~! :)))) Speaking of 2pm, have you watched them on Shinhwa's broadcast? ^_^ Well Suzy does love Myungsoo soooo much (and I wish she does in reality too) hais... Sunggyu and his dark past is just skfkhxnhsjhsxjxalmax

@kiseop1: You did it~! You waited until the weekend XD Woohooo! *throws a conffetti* :DD Updated~

@kimkim96: hahahaha *closes your mouth* :P Was it reallt that... unexpected (can't find the right word)?

@Myungzy_Gurdian: Then he'll feel what Suzy felt when he slapped her (by accident)! :OO You must hate Woohyun now since he decided to not to break up with Sunggyu xD *hands you a pitchfork* GO HUNT SUNGGYU! hahaha ijokes~ :P calm down~ ^^ Everything will work out, I hope xD 

@Happymaknae: Sunggyu tried to kill Myungsoo and pushed Suzy down the stairs instead! :OOOO Oh no he didn't! But he did xD Suzy is alive and safe and now she's awake! LETS CELEBRATE~!! :DDD You're welcome reader-nim~! ^___^ 

@SkullMaki: I'm happy that you LOOOOOOOOVE this chapter~ XD Thank you~! ^^ OMG when you said giant baby Suzy I couldn't help but smile so much XD Made my day~!! Seriously :)) SHE'S AWAKE O.O 

@inspiritz: I think it was cute too~!! XD Hahahah, funny? Not really but thank you~! :DD Myungsoo's being childish and leads him to being cute! Makes me wanna hug him <(^_^<) hahaha OTL Sorry for making your second bias a killer/murderer or something like that.. I didn't mean to T^T OMG. I really don't know what's going to happen to Sunggyu in the next few chapters >.< Everyday I SHOCK, every night I SHOCK *cue B2ST* XDDDD sorry, had to do that xD Me too, I don't wanna get my hopes up but it doesn't hurt to wish and hope :)))) Thank you~! :D Here it is~! ^^;

@bigbang194: Hello~! Thank you for subscribing and commenting and reading this story~!! I really appreciate it! ^____^ OMG. Thank you sooooo much~! You made my daaay~!! T^T I feel like crying of happiness because of your comment T^T Okay, so she was suppose to be in a concussion but she woke up XD So she won't be anymore... or will she... again? :') LOL Please give this story much love and support~ ^__^ MyungZy forever~! <3 

 

Love, asdfghjklomg!

Here's the medical issues regarding Suzy, the second paragraph pretty much explains all her injuries.. I can't really remember if I added more somehwere =.=  Anyways, I said that she was bleeding internally which can apparetnly happen if you fall the downt he stairs (people on yahoo said so but not really sure if it's right) Bleeding internally means instead of bleeding outside, you're bleeding inside like if one of your organs were hit really hard, it would bleed inside. I didn't say which organ Suzy bled because I'm really not sure >.< There's also her broken ankle. I was going to do arm but Myungsoo and Woohyun needed to hold her hand, so yeah even though it's her arm but her hand is attach to her arm right? XD Her head injury is just..... idek :)) I didn't let her have amnesia since in my other MyungZy fanfic she already had one -.- (sorry for the subscribers on here and on the other one. I didn't update that one for such a long time) So even if she has a bandage wrap around her head, it doesn't mean she has amnesia. She perfectly remembers everything :D Her head will just hurt and since she fell down hard (not carpeted) stairs, she's likely to hurt her head so much. I added bruises because it would be weird if she didn't have any xD LOL She's suppose to be in a concussion but somehow I decided to wake her up xD I won't ruin the next chapter about talking about this so you have to wait and find out XD hohohoh 

I wrote it in red since it reminds me of blood :P and it's also injury related XD It also catches people's eyes to read it :)))) and the colour is very pretty ^_^ 

I know this isn't what some of you expected plus it isn't really that good (well, I thought it could've been better. I know you are thinking it too~ It's fine ^^) The next chapter will be better (I hope) xD Thank you for reading this~ XD Comment on what you think :) Thank you~ <3