Chapter 19

Cherry Blossom Tree

It was dark and foggy, Suzy doesn't know where she is. The atmosphere was eerie and it was quite cold. It doesn't matter how many steps she walks, there was no where to walk to. Suzy, being ignorant, started to walk forward. The fog would let her through if she move her hands about. She heard a quiet sobbing noise straight ahead and so she decided to go there. As she got closer, the sound go louder. She froze as she saw him. He was standing, his hands covering his face and he was making crying noises. Suzy just stared at him, not knowing what to do. 

He was covered in bruises and cuts that you can barely see his normal skin. It looks like his been whipped quite a few times, that's where the cuts came from. Suzy could see this because he wasn't wearing any top, he was only wearing jeans. Even his hands had cuts. Suzy was dreading to see his face in case he had any on his face. He stopped crying, slowly parting his hands away from his face. Suzy doesn't have the full of view of his face yet because it was lowered and the dark made it worse. A light suddenly from above. Suzy looked up to see one lampost, she didn't notice it until now. 

Suzy didn't know if this was just a dream or some kind of illusion. The dream that she had about Myungsoo not too long ago was horrible but she wasn't sure if this was worse. 

Suzy watched him as he lifted his head up slowly, making eye contact with Suzy. Suzy's eyes widened in shick and fear as she saw him, as she saw who it is. Suzy was frozen again as she stared at him. His face had a few scratches, not just any ordianry scartches but deep ones. He had one black eye and a corner of his lips were bruised. His eyes were still watery. He cracked a small smile at Suzy and Suzy felt a shiver down her spine. 

Suzy looked at him up and down, examing the bruises and cuts all over again. She looked at him in the eyes. He showed pain and sadness in his eyes. Suzy had a lot of questions in her head that she wanted to ask but was frozen, like her body. He waited for a few more seconds before he turned around. As he did, this made Suzy gasp at what she saw. Just like the front, his back was covered in bruises as well. The worst part was, there was a long, big and red mark smacked onto his back. It looked like he was whipped on the back, at the same place, over and over again. The mark was staring at Suzy, somewhat threatening her. Suzy shivered and the hair on her neck stood up. 

He raised his right hand slightly before he started to walk away. Suzy had more questions now but all she could shout after him was, "Sunggyu oppa!"

 

Suzy woke up as she heard loud noises. She opened her eyes slightly, adjusting to the light. It was Saturday. Sungjong and Sungyeol decided to visit her. When Suzy opened her eyes, she saw Sungyeol and Sungjong having an argument. Suzy didn't know what it was about, they were just shouting at each other. She looked at them and saw Myungsoo sitting in the middle, watching her. Her brother was nowhere to be found. 

Suzy gave Myungsoo a little smile as he walked over to her, leaving the two to argue some more. She took a sit next to her bed and held her hand. He kissed it gently even though he knew she couldn't feel it. 

"It's better to kiss me on the lips." Suzy grinned, she tried not to laugh. 

Myungsoo raised his eyesbrows as he stood up. He smiled a little at Suzy before kissing her gently on the lips. It was the first kiss that they had since the accident. Myungsoo was waiting for this day and so was Suzy. 

Suzy smiled a little beofre Myungsoo moved his head away. Sungjong and Sungyeol making making disgusted noises as they watch the two. "Get a room" Sungjong exclaimed. 

Myungsoo looked at him, still holding Suzy's hand. "Then get out." Sungjong rolled his eyes and Sungyeol made his way over to Suzy. 

"Heeeeeeeey Suzy!" Sungyeol beamed as he took a seat at the other side of Suzy's bed. Suzy slowly sat up right and gave Sungyeol a smile. "It's no fun without you and Myungsoo in school." Sungyeol pouted. 

"Really? I thought it would be more fun since the ice coupld are gone." Suzy said. 

Sungyeol shook his head, "Nope. It's the opposite. The school are still talking about both of you. There were even rumours about the two of you running away and quitting school because you got married. Luckily, you're brother came and explained the whole thing to the teachers and the teachers told the class because they heard the rumours too." 

Suzy looked at Myungsoo as she heard this, Myungsoo just shrugged as he started to play with Suzy's hand. "Ah..." Suzy replied. "Where's Woohyun oppa?" 

Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo before he answered, "He's outside with Sunggyu hyung." It sounded like he was whispering. Suzy remembered when she saw Sunggyu in the dark, covered in bruises and cuts. She shivered, making Myungsoo squeezed her hand as he looked up at her. She looked at Sungyeol, giving him a small smile. Sungyeol returned it before heading back to Sungjong who was watching them the whole time. She looked at Myungsoo's worried yet angry face. They looked at each other for few more seconds before the opening of the door interrupted them. 

Woohyun came in first, giving Suzy a smile, Sunggyu followed quietly fomr behind. Sunggyu didn't look at anyone, just at the ground. Suzy smiled as she saw Woohyun and Sunggyu holding hands. She could see Myungsoo tense from the corner of her eyes. 

"Can we give Sunggyu and Suzy a few minutes to talk in private, please?" Woohyun said as he looked around the room. Sungyeol and Sungjong nodded as the got up. The only thing that stopped them was Myungsoo. 

"No." Myungsoo answered coldly. All eyes were on him now. His face was still but no one really knew because he was looking at his hand that held Suzy's. 

"It's okay Myungsoo. I want to talk to your brother anyway." Suzy said, trying to comfort Myungsoo but failing. Myungsoo didn't say or do anything for another minute. He sighed as he finally stood up, letting go of Suzy's hand. He kissed her gently on the forehead as he headed out the door quite quickly. Sungyeol and SUngjong followed him, so did Woohyun. They left Sunggyu and Suzy alone in the room, in silence. 

"Suzy-ah..." Sunggyu started, still standing at the same spot and his head still down. Suzy replied him with silence as she waited for him to continue. "I-I'm sorry" He stuttered as he looked up. He looked Suzy in the eyes, surprise to see Suzy's worried face. 

"Oppa... It's okay." Suzy reassured him. She looked at the chair next to her bed then back at Sunggyu. Sunggyu knew what she meant so he sat on the chair, still looking at Suzy. 

"What do you mean it's okay? I nearly killed you." They both shivered as he said the word killed. 

"But I survived thanks to you." Suzy comforted him. That was true though. Suzy did nearly die because of Sunggyu but she was saved because of him too. Sunggyu was the one who phoned an ambulance when the rest were sitting beside Suzy, trying to wake her up. 

It was quiet for a few minutes before Suzy couldn't take it anymore. "Why?" She asked. 

Sunggyu looked at her, confused. "Why what?" 

Suzy stared at him for a few seconds before asking again. "Why do you still want to kill Myungsoo? It's been 13 years since it happened."

"The feeling never went away. Seeing him again made it worse." He replied blankly. He was now staring in space as another round of silence surrounded them again. 

Suzy kept looking at him. She looked at his arms and hands, trying to see if any bruises or cuts or visible. She knows it could have just been a dream but something felt weird about it, like it was true. She looked at his face, perfection. There wasn't any black eyes or scratches or a bruised lip. It was in perfect condition. 

Sunggyu brought her back to reality when he said, "Myungsoo is so lucky that words can't even explain it." 

Suzy looked at him. "You're lucky too." 

Sunngyu scoffed at ehr statement, "Yeah right. I'm only lucky because I have Woohyun. If I lost him, I won't be lucky." 

Suzy raised her eyebrows, "You're parents still care for you along side Woohyun. Oppa, I care for you too." 

Sunggyu just looked at her, "How can you even say that you care for me? After what I've done to you, you shouldn't care for me at all."

"But I do" 

Sunggyu didn't argue back but just smiled, "Thanks Suzy"

Suzy smiled back and nodded, "Oppa...." She began.

"Hmm?"

"Is it really just jealousy that made you want to kill Myungsoo?" 

Sunggyu looked at the ceiling, thinking, then looked back at Suzy, "Yeah"

"But what about Moonsoo?" Suzy watched as his face stayed the same. 

"Moonsoo? I haven't really met Moonsoo." Sunggyu admitted. "Do you want me to tell you something?" 

Suzy felt butterflies in her stomach when he asked her the question, she had no idea why. She nodded and waited for Sunggyu to start. "Well..." Sunggyu began. "I was about 4 years old then." Sunggyu paused, trying to keep calm. "My parents were fighting about me, they even talkd about divorce back then because of me." Sunggyu relived the past. "I don't even know why I remember this. I was still so young back then. Well anyway, that night my dad called me over. I was very obedient and went over to him." Sunggyu swallowed hard before contuining. "When I sat on his lap, he grabbed my t-shirt really hard and started punching me. I screamed but he just told me to shut up and so I did. He continued to punch me for three more minutes, until I started to bleed and cry. I punched me one last time and I out." Sunggyu swallowed again, this time finind it hard to swallow. Suzy wanted to hold his hand but she couldn't move it so all she did was look at him worriedly. "When I woke up, I was on my bed. The lights were turned off and I could hear my parents arguing. I couldn't move because it hurt so all I did was lay there and listen." Sunggyu was no longer looking at Suzy. "The next night, I was watching TV when I felt something hit my back really hard. I screamed in pain when another blow hit me. I turned around to see my mum with a belt in her hands. My eyes started to water when she started scratching my face. I couldn't really defend myself back then, I was only little. 

This continued for a few more days. One day, my dad punched me in the eye that he gave me a black eye." When hearing this, Suzy's eyes windened as she remembered her 'dream'. "Then I heard that my mum was pregnant. I thought maybe she'd stop beating me up now since she's pregant but no, she didn't. It only became worse. She hit me repeatedly on the back at the same spot every day. I'd get home from school and I would recieve a beating from both of them." Sunggyu smirked. Suzy was confuse at how he wasn't crying, his past sounded horrible. "The school would then ask me what happened to me but I never told them the truth. I told them I had some illness that made me bruise and get cuts easily. They believed me. They didn't even ask my parents. They believed a 4 year old kid." Sunggyu scoffed. 

"Oppa..." Suzy croaked. She felt like she was about to cry as she imagines Sunggyu get beaten up every day. 

"It's okay, Suzy. I need to tell someone anyway." He paused. "When Myungsoo was born, my parents were busy with him. I was relieved because of him. It didn't last long though because my dad would be stress from work and he'd take it out by beating me. I really didn't have the strength to protect myself and I didn't dare ask my mum incase she'd start to. So as the years go by they eventually stop. Myungsoo got older and I got better. Myungsoo was 4 years old and I was 8. My parents started to abuse me when I was 4 but they never did it to Myungsoo. In three days, Myungsoo would be 5 and he still didn't get abuse by my parents. This is what made me jealous and furious. How the hell did they beat me up but not Myungsoo!? Am I nothing to them? Did they hate me?" Sunggyu clenched his hands in fist. "That's when I became jealous of their relationship with Myungsoo." Sunggyu looked at Suzy in the eyes. "Myungsoo was 5 years old and he was still perfect. No cuts, no bruises, no beating from my parents. Of course, I didn't get any beatings anymore but why was it only me? I realised that they loved Myungsoo more than me and I started to wonder if I was just an accident." Sunggyu shivered as he said the word accident. 

"I got really jealous as the days go by watching my parents look after Myungsoo well and giving him more love than I got when I was his age. That's when I thought that if Myungsoo disappeared, my parents would be heart broken and then they would treat me better." Sunggyu continued. "My parents went out somewhere and told me to look after Myungsoo and so I agreed. I thought it was an opportunity to try to kill him. I pushed him down the stairs but he survived. I don't even know how! My parents didn't tell me off for doing it though. They thought that the beating made me crazy and that because of them , I did that. Which is true. It was becasue of them. So treated me and Myungsoo equally since then but I could still see that they love Myungsoo more. I didn't feel the love that they gave to me even though they showed it. It felt like it was just an act. They never abused me since but I heard that my mum was pregant again. It was another son. That did it. I couldn't stand it anymore and so I moved out." Sunggyu finished his story as he leaned back on the chair, his eyes were watery. 

"Oppa.." Suzy croaked again. What she saw in her 'dream' showed her what had happened to Sunggyu when he was young. The only difference was that in her 'dream', Sunggyu looked like the older Sunggyu now instead of a young one. 

"Thanks to Woohyun though, it made me forget it half the time."Sunggyu smiled. 

"Do you still have the scar... on your back?" Suzy whispered.

Sunggyu's face expression chnage and Suzy could see the pain in his eyes. He didn't say anything and it was silence that answered Suzy. Suzy waited and she looked at him. Her heart was beating fast, hoping that he would say no. Sunggyu looked out the window, it was raining. 

"Don't tell Woohyun about this please" Sunggyu begged Suzy. 

It was now Suzy's turn to reply the silence. How could she not tell her brother? Woohyun was his boyfriend and he didn't want to tell Woohyun? "Oppa... I need to tell Woohyun oppa." She said. "I need to."

Sunggyu stood up, "Suzy" His voice was stern making Suzy scared. "Don't." Suzy looked at him. She showed him a cold and blank expression but deep down she was scared. He looked so scary. He looked like he was about to hit her. 

"Are you still going to do it? Are you still going to kill Myungsoo?" Suzy's voice was cold, she was brave to ask that. 

Sunggyu was taken aback by her question. "He deserves it. After what I've been through, death is nothing." 

"You need to go through me first." Suzy shot back. 

"What can you do? You're numb and you can't even move your body. You can't protect Myungsoo in that state." Sunggyu pointed out. 

Suzy scoffed, "Wait and see. If you try to hurt Myungsoo, I'll make sure you won't ever see Woohyun oppa again." 

"I know Woohyun won't do that." 

"Oppa... I nearly died because of you. You think Woohyun oppa would still stick by you if I died in the next few weeks because of what you did?" 

Sunggyu was taken aback again by what she said. "You won't die." 

Suzy gave him a small smile, "I'm smart. Even if I don't have a chance to die. I take this stupid tubes and needles off me and make sure I die." 

Sunggyu shivered at the thought, "You really love Myungsoo that much?" Sunzy nodded. "That much that you would kill yourself?" Suzy nodded again. "You know he won'e do the same." 

Suzy's heart ache as she heard him but didn't show it. "I don't care." 

Sunggyu raised his eyebrows, "You sure?"

"Possitive." 

"Shall I make it a painless death?" Sunggyu added posion to his voice. 

"Shall I pull this tube that keeps me alive away?" Suzy touched the tube that was attached to her arm. It looked like nothing was going through but in fact a while liquid was. There could be a small truth in what Suzy said. 

"What?" Sunggyu asked in confussion. "You're lying."

"My head might be injured but I'm still smart. I heard the doctor talk about it before. This white liquid gives me strength. It gives me strength. Not only to my body but it gives me strength to talk, to see and to hear. If I pull it off, I'd be in a coma again. For the next few years. Of course, the doctor didn't tell Woohyun and Myungsoo about it but he told my parents. My parents didn't tell them either. Oppa, I can't pull all the tubes off me right now and do this white liquid tube last. I'd be dead for sure if I do it." Suzy told him a white lie. It wasn't true but the whole strength thing was. She only said it so she won't hurt Myungsoo and she's hoping that he bought it. 

"If you die, that would hurt Myungsoo and Woohyun, alongside your parents and your friends." Sunggyu pointed out. He was being careful with his words. 

"If Myungsoo died, I would be hurt which would make my brother hurt which would make my family hurt too. I would then want to move away from this place because it would only remind me of him and if we move, you would never see Woohyun oppa again. But if you followed us, I'm sure Woohyun oppa would stop seeing you becuase you didn't just hurt me physically but you would also hurt me emotionally." Suzy smiled. 

Sunggyu was amaze by how smart she was. "You're one clever kid." 

"Thank you." Suzy's smiled widened. "Think before you do it."

"I'm still going to do it." Sunggyu said through gritted teeth. 

Damn, he didn't buy it. Looks like I need to test my acting skills. Suzy thought. She forced herself to cry. It wouldn't really be acting because she actually didn't want Myungsoo to die but she can't just cry randomly now. She thought of all the things that would make her cry like Myungsoo dying then her brother dying her her family dying. It was a terrible thought but it worked, a tear fell from her eye. "Oppa, please..." 

Sunggyu was about to say something when a voice made Suzy and Sunggyu jump. 

"Kim. Sung. Gyu." A deep and low voice said. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hai guys~! I'm baaaaack~!! :D WOOHOO! ^^ During school, all I could think of was a plotline for this chapter - Sunggyu's past. The little argument between Suzy and Sunggyu was just... meh... =.= I haven't wrote a MyungZy moment/chapter in a long tim T^T So I have decided to do one next chapter after I continue this chapter xD Hoohohohoho I miss talking to you guys >.< But finally, I can reply to comments without typing it all in this chapter, WOOHOOO~!! That's all I have to say about it. I hope you like and enjoy it~ Please do comment below - your opinions and thoughts are always welcome (no matter how mean or nice it is) XDD Oh and I will reply to comments via 'reply to this comment' thingy :P I'm sure I did mention this somewhere above though... oh well :)) 

 

Love, asdfghjklomg!

***PS -  I did not proof read this chapter whatsoever so I would like to apologise for any awkward or weird spelling and grammer mistakes. I have become lazy and re-reading this would make me want to change everything. Reading stories in school made me realise that mine is just... meeeeh and blechh *disgusted noise* so please excuse any errors. :P