Chapter 28

Cherry Blossom Tree

Zico pulled the trigger, sending a bullet through Suzy's head. 

Well, that's what he thought. 

Suzy jumped forward, landing on the floor. The knife that was attached to the rope tied around her hands and body drop on the chair and cut it's way through leaving a slashed hole. Suzy was surprise at how fast she was. If she was any slower, she could have been stabbed and got injured badly. She stayed on the floor crouched down as another gun shot was heard. Then another, then another. She smiled to herself. 

Myungsoo was caught off gaurd for a second when he saw Suzy fall forward but he came back to his senses when he realise that Zico tried to kill her. Zico wasn't even paying attention to him, he was too busy staring at Suzy in surprise. It was the perfect time for Myungsoo to attack. Myungsoo aimed for his forehead. He pulled the trigger and shot Zico in the middle of his forehead. He quickly moved the gun a little lower and aimed for Zico's heart, shooting him again. Zico dropped on the floor, blood gushing from him. 

Sungyeol smiled before shooting Minho in the head. He let go of Minho, making him fall on the floor. 

Suzy tried to get up but her body was too weak which confuse her a little since it was only her face that Zico used as a punching bag. Someone saw her struggle and helped her up but it wasn't who she though it would be. She turned around to see his face, it wasn't Myungsoo. 

"Get her to the hospital quick. Me and Sungyeol will deal with them." Myungsoo instructed. 

"Are you sure you don't need help?" Hoya asked. 

Sungyeol smiled, "We're capable of disposing their bodies. We're good." 

Suzy wrapped her arm around Hoya's neck, allowing him to help her. They were near the door when Myungsoo called after them. "Oh, Hoya..." 

Hoya stopped, "Yeah?" 

"Thanks" 

"No problem. You should have called me earlier though." Hoya replied, quite sad that he missed on a little action. 

"How'd you know where to find us anyway?" Myungsoo asked as he put his gun away. 

"Woohyun told me. I just had a feeling it was them and this place was their common hide out. It wasn't that hard." Hoya smiled. He was quite proud that he could save the day and Suzy's life. 

"I didn't see you! You're so good at hiding. When did you come?" Sungyeol joined in. 

"Just in time. I was on the roof and I just found a perfect way to sneak in. I didn't think Zico and Minho saw me though." Hoya eyes the dead people on the ground. "I think Suzy saw me from the corner of her eyes and she was clever not to move towards my direction or say anything. She kind of got what I was trying to do when I was trying to cut the rope." Hoya explained. "I don't blame you though, there's hardly light in here." Hoya added. 

Before anyone could reply to him, Suzy coughed out blood. "I better get her to the hospital. Woohyun is so going to flip!" Hoya said before they continue to walk. "See you later!" Hoya shouted after him. 

It was quiet in the room for a while. Myungsoo was still looking at the door and Sungyeol was examining the two people on the floor, making sure their dead. 

"Are you okay?" Sungyeol asked, finally breaking the silence. 

"Sure..." Myungsoo was wearing a blank expression, like most of the times. 

Sungyeol didn't reply and started to pick up Minho. Myungsoo turned to look at him then dragged Zico by his hair outside. "Sick bastard." He muttered to himself. 

They dragged the bodies out the building and plopped them onto each other. Myungsoo got out a lighter and set their bodies on fire. They watched the fire dance arounf their bodies, turning them into black ashes. 

"Well, my dad won't be happy about this." Sungyeol sighed. "Oh well..." 

Myungsoo didn't move his eyes away form the fire, "Was it your dad that wanted the money... and wanted me dead?" 

"Heck no. I don't think he knew about their little mission anyway. I heard that they were suppose to kill some russian spy for stealing some information from him." Sungyeol shrugged. "He knows I'm your partner so I doubt he would try to hurt you." 

Myungsoo didn't respond. 

"So..." Sungyeol tapped his foot. "What are you planning on doing now?" 

Myungsoo knew what he meant. He thought about it for a while. "I might take a break." 

Sungyeol sighed deeply, "She's not going to be happy about this". 

Myungsoo answered with silence. At least Suzy was safe. His heart ached, knowing that she didn't deserve to get beaten up. Worst of all, it was his fault. 

"I don't want to talk about it." Myungsoo said coldly as he walked away. 

Sungyeol watched as the flames slowly died away. He followed behind Myungsoo, keeping a safe distance between them. 

 

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO HER!?" Woohyun screamed frantically as he saw his sister on the hospital bed, covered in cuts and bruises. "I AM SO GOING TO KILL THOSE PEOPLE WHO DID IT TO HER! TELL ME WHO DID IT! TELL ME NOOOOOOOW!" Woohyun grabbed Hoya's collar, shaking him a little. 

"Chill. Myungsoo and Sungyeol already took care of them. They won't be... seen for a really really long time." Hoya pushed Woohyun's hand away, dusting off his shirt. 

Sunggyu turned around, averting his gaze away from Suzy. "Where is Myungsoo and Sungyeol anyway?" 

"Somehwere... I don't know." Hoya shrugged. "Well, I got to go. Dongwoo's probably waiting for me." Hoya walked towards the door and left. 

"Try calling them." Woohyun suggested. 

"Already tried. Their phones are turned off." Sunggyu took a sit near the window. "Somehow, it feels like she's always been here." 

"The only difference is that HER FACE IS COVERED IN CUTS AND BRUISES AND HER HEAD INJURY IS WORSE!" Woohyun screamed. "I am so dead by my parents." Woohyun walked over and sat on Sunggyu's lap. 

Sunggyu patted his back in comfort, "It wasn't your fault Woohyunie~" Woohyun nodded, aprecciating his boyfrien's efforts to comfort him.

The door opened slowly, Myungsoo walked in followed by Sungyeol. They changed their clothes into new ones since the other one was covered in blood. 

"Where have you guys been?" Sunggyu asked them, eyeing them up and down. 

"What did the doctor say?" Myungsoo ignored his brother's question and walked towards Suzy. 

"They said her head injury is worse but she'll be fine soon if she takes her medication. About the bruises and cuts, well, it will heal faster than her head injury." Woohyun informed them. He was calmer than before. 

"How long as she been asleep?" Myungsoo Suzy's hair. 

Woohyun stood up and went over to Suzy. "She was asleep when she got here. She hasn't woken up since." Woohyun looked up to see Myungsoo. "What happened?" 

Myungsoo didn't look up. "The guy who kidnapped her was beating her up when we arrived. He stopped when he saw us. We talked about some bussiness and worked things out." 

"Where are they now?" Sunggyu's eyes were full of concern. 

"Somewhere in the air" Sungyeol, who was just standing near the door the whole time, spoke.

"You mean they got on a plane and ran away?" Woohyun raised his eyebrows. 

"You could say that" Sungyeol shrugged. 

It was quiet for a few moments. Suddenly, A wave of questions filled in Woohyun's head. "How did you find them anyway?" 

Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo before replying, "We asked people if they've seen Suzy and if they did, we asked for directions." Sungyeol's response sounded quite believable. 

"How did Hoya know where you are?" Sunggyu asked. 

"He came with us" Myungsoo replied blankly. 

"Have you guys eaten? You both look tired" Woohyun walked over to Sungyeol. 

"We're not that hungry." Sungyeol responded with a smile. 

"Can you leave me with Suzy for a while?" Myungsoo didn't make eye contact with anyone. 

Without a word, the three left the room. It was quiet and the only sound that could be heard were the sound of the clock ticking. Myungsoo got a chair and sat beside Suzy's beside. He took her hand in his and squeezed it gently. With the other hand, he fiddled through his pocket his pulled out a ring. His birthday present for her, their promise ring. He looked at it for a brief second before sliding it onto Suzy's ring finger. 

"I promise to always love you and this ring is evidence." He whispered. "I sound so greasy like your brother." Myungsoo sighed. He looked at Suzy's face, taking in all the small details that Zico left on it. His other hand clenched into a fist. "I'm sorry. It's all my fault. I'm so sorry, Suzy." Myungsoo lowered his head and squeezed Suzy's hand gently again. "I promise to try and keep to safe from now on." He paused as he looked up before he continued. "But for me to do that, I need to stay away from you. I shouldn't have stayed..." Myungsoo shook his head. "I know you'll probably hate me for leaving you but as long as you're safe, I can live with it." Myungsoo stood up, still holding her hand. He bent down and kissed Suzy's forehead, then her nose then her lips. Suzy winced a little and Myungsoo retreated, a worried look flashed across his face.

He bend down again, this time his lips were close to Suzy's ears. "I love you" He whispered. He slowly moved back, letting go of Suzy's hand. He walked with heavy footsteps towards the door. He went out, never looking back. 

 

Suzy woke up with a really bad headache. She opened her eyes slowly, then looked around. Woohyun and Sunggyu were seating by the window. Sungjong was seating opposite them, with a disgusted look on his face. Suzy sat up slowly, touching her head. 

"Suzy!" Sungjong yelled, grabbing Woohyun and Sunggyu's attention. They all walked over to Suzy quickly, making sure she was okay. 

"Do you need anything? Are you okay?" Woohyun asked, worried as hell. 

Suzy nodded slowly, trying to look pass them. "Where's Myungsoo? And Sungyeol?" 

Sunggyu and Woohyun looked at each then looked back at you. "Myungsoo told us to tell you not to look for him." Sunggyu said. 

Suzy gave him a confused look, making his heart ache a little. "Sungyeol's at home, probably doing homework." Woohyun told her. Suzy raised her eyebrows at him knowing that Sungyeol never did homework. 

"Where's Myungsoo?" Suzy tried again. 

"To be honest, we don't know. The last time we saw him was yesterday and he didn't go home last night." Sunggyu tried to calm Suzy down. 

Suzy started to panic as she recalled what happened to her. She remembers everything clearly. She remembers that Zico and Minwo or Mino or whatever his name is was dead. She remembers Hoya saving her and taking her to a car. She remembers the conversation she had with Myungsoo before Zico attempted to kill her. 

"He's okay, right?" Suzy held Woohyun's hand. 

"Yeah, he's fine" Woohyun felt someone pinch his heart. 

Suzy noticed the ring on her finger. She pulled her hand back, staring at the ring on her finger. The ring looked familiar. She looked through her thoughts and tried to remember where she saw this ring before. She flipped her hand round, reading the letters on it. 

'M and S - I promise' It says. She felt her heart drop. It was Myungsoo's birthday present for her. She felt tears forming in her eyes. She bit her tongue, hoping it would dissolve but no, it didn't. A tear fell out from her eyes, making everyone around her panic. 

"Suzy, are you in pain?" Woohyun asking, hesitating to touch you or not.

"I'm.. fine." Suzy choked out.

Woohyun saw the what you were looking at and kept quiet. He looked at Sunggyu and Sungjong and motioned them to get out with his hands. They left the room, leaving Suzy to drown in her thoughts and tears.

She remembers throwing it at Myungsoo's face... on her birthday. She can't remember Myungsoo giving it to her so he must've have put it on her while she was asleep. Or he could have given it to Woohyun to give to her but Woohyun put it on instead. Another tear escaped from Suzy's eyes and she bit her tongue. Suddenly, all the memories that Suzy made Myungsoo came rushing back and hit her in the face.

She remembers stubborn Myungsoo on the first day they met. He refused to move out of her spot so you had to push him. He called you childish. She remembers the texts they exchanged during lessons. She remembers her confession and how freasy it was but she didn't regret it. She remembers when started dating and they were like celebrities in school. She remembers Myungsoo clinging onto her bag like a child when she bought him the top. She remembers how adorkable he was. She remembers the times when he would play his guitar and sing to her. She remembers those times when he gave her warm hugs. She remembers their first kiss. 

She didn't even realise she was smiling like a fool while crying as she relived those moments. She missed him so badly. She wanted him back but knowing that he probably didn't love her and only saved her because he was a good guy, her heart stopped beating all together. She layed back down and looked up at the ceiling. She closed her eyes and took deep, even breathes. 

She held up her left hand and looked at the ring again. If you don't love me anymore, then why did you give me this? Did you want me to remember you? But you do know that I would just get hurt every time I see it cos it reminds me of you, right? Maybe you're trying to hurt me. If you were here, you'd probably tell me to move on and stay strong with that blank expression on your face. Fine then, if you want me to move on... I will. If you don't want me to look for you... I won't. Just don't appear when I finally moved on. It'll just make things a lot harder when you leave again. She dropped her hand, closed her eyes and shut out reality. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this a few times - I did say I wouldn't allow her to die :P This chapter proves it. Before anyone asks or comments about it - THIS STORY WILL HAVE A HAPPY ENDING. IT HASN'T ENDED YET, DON'T WORRY. I think that's all I have to say about the chapters. 

I didn't do comment replies because I kinda got scared by your comments :)) I still do appreciate comment replies - let me know what you think about this chapter :) 

 

Love, asdfghjklomg!

 

*THIS CHAPTER IS PROOF READ FREE