Chapter 9

Cherry Blossom Tree

The cafeteria was filled with silence for quite a long time. It was Myungsoo who decided to break it. He still wasn't sure what to say and he still couldn't believe that Suzy went to the same school as him. They met under the cherry blossom tree for at least two weeks now but they still didn't that much about each other. All they knew about each other was that they both had brothers, they both like the same spot and that they don't believe t's magical. They also know each other's numbers and that was about it. 

"It's the childish one." Myungsoo cracked a smile. It made nearly everybody's eyes open wide, including Sungjong and Sungyeol. 

Suzy scoffed, "It's the stubborn one." That made nearly everyone gasp. 

Suzy and Myungsoo were still looking at each other, slightly smiling. One by one, the students got bored and left. They thought that they were going to shout but turns out they got their hopes up too high. 

"You never told me you went to this school." Myungsoo began. He picked up his drink and took a sip. 

"You never told me either." Suzy shot back. Sungyeol and Sungjong found their conversation quite interesting. Now and then they would both take a bite out of their sandwhiches and then look at each other then back at the two. 

"Wait, wait, wait, wait." Sungjong interrupted them. "You guys know each other?" 

Suzy and Myungsoo looked at Sungjong then each other then back at Sungjong. They nodded at the same time. Sungyeol nearly choked on his coffee and Sungjong was just staring at them, amazed. 

"How come I didn't know?" Sungjong asked.

"Me too!" Sungyeol chimed in. 

"Was I suppose to tell you every person that I know?" Suzy had a poker face as she asked. 

Sungjong rolled his eyes and he wanted to hit Suzy on the head so badly. "No but... I mean.. Come on! How come I didn't know this!?" Sunjong's voiced was raise and that caught nearly everyobdy's attention. 

"And we were just texting a few minutes ago." Myungsoo recalled.

Suzy laughed at the memory. Sungjong and Sungyeol was still confuse at the situation. "So you're my 'twin' and my 'double'?" Suzy laughed. 

"It's quite ridiculous what the people in this school come up with." Myungsoo smirked. Suzy nodded in agreement. "You must be the ice princess in this school. I'm not surprise at all." Myungsoo added. 

"Shouldn't you be called the 'stubborn prince' instead of the 'ice prince'? Suzy teased. 

Sungjong decided that he had enough of this, he stood up and walked away. He didn't say a word before he left. Sungyeol followed him and waved goodbye before leaving. All that time, he was quiet and was just observing. 

"So... It's quite suprising to see you here." Myungsoo admitted. 

"And why is that?" Suzy raised in eyebrows in question. 

"Because I thought you'd be one of them girls who ditch school and do something unusaul all day." He was taking another drink from his vitamin drink. 

Suzy growled, "I'm a good girl for your information. I thought you'd be selling drugs in the streets half the day then pretend to be normal when I come and meet you." 

"So you're saying that when I texted you about the teacher glaring at me, you thought I was lying?" Myungsoo leaned back on his chair, folding his arms. 

Suzy copied Myungsoo's actions. "And you think that I was in a zoo dancing with a monkey when I texted you confirming that I was paying attention in class?" 

They both stared at each other, neither one of them moving. Myungsoo sat up and was about to speak when the bell rang. Suzy stood up , nodded at Myungsoo and walked away. Before Suzy could get far, Myungsoo grabbed her wrist and spun her around.

"You'll be in front of the cherry blossom tree later right?" Myungsoo asked.

"Why? Do you miss me already?" Suzy joked. 

Myungsoo scoffed and let her go. I have no idea why I even asked that. I don't even care. He thought as he watched Suzy's back disappearing. 

 

Suzy decided to go home and change before heading to the park. When she arrived home she saw her brother on the couch with some guy. She thought the guy kinda resembled a hamster. She chuckled at the thought. Woohyun and the guy looked at her. They were both smiling when they saw her. Suzy replied back with a small smile and made her way up the stairs and got change. None of them said a word to each other. 

After about 10 minutes, Suzy made her way down to find the guy's arm around Woohyun. Suzy lost her balance on the last step and nearly fell. She grabbed on the stair railing, which helped her keep her balance. Suzy assumed that the guy was Woohyun's boyfriend. She forogt about that. Woohyun and the guy still haven't realise that Suzy was there. 

"So.. Uh, oppa.. What's your boyfriend's name?" Suzy didn't really know how to phrase the question well. It made her brother and the guy jump a bit and the guy's arm automatically retreated. Woohyun gave a guy a smile and held his hand. Suzy didn't know whether she should vomit or be happy at the moment. She wasn't use to seeing her brother like this. She needed to get over this fast and accept it. 

"This is my boyfriend, Kim Sunggyu!" Woohyun introduced the hamster looking guy to Suzy. Sunggyu gave Suzy a smile, Suzy copied it. 

"Hi Suzy! It's nice to finally meet you!" Sunggyu said as he stood up and offered Suzy a handshake. Suzy shook his hand then let go quickly. 

It was awkward for a while. Suzy made her way to the kitchen and got a drink. The situation was making her thirsty. She leaned over the table and looked through the 'window' that was between the kitchen and living room. She was watching her brother and his boyfriend as they watched a show while snuggling. Suzy hasn't seen her brother like that for 2 years. She was pass the snuggling and the hugging and the holding hands and she was happy to see her brother happy. She smiled as she watch her brother and Sunggyu.

Sunggyu suddenly looked at Woohyun which caught Woohyun's attention. They both looked at each other when suddenlt Sunggyu leaned closer to Woohyun and he was inches away from Woohyun's face. Suzy couldn't really tell what they were doing since Woohyun's head was in the way. She kept watching them with narrowed eyes. Sunggyu's lips touch Woohyun's and in no time, they were kissing. Suzy was taken aback at what she saw and she felt like throwing up the juice that she just drank a moment ago. She still didn't know why she was looking at them but her face scrunched up in one ball, making a disgusted face. She grabbed her keys and headed for the door. 

"Well, Bye!" She shouted as she slammed the door, she didn't dare to look back.

 

Myungsoo was the first one again to seat in front of the tree. He leaned against the trunk and waited for Suzy. It didn't take him long to wait as he saw Suzy's face scrunched up. Myungsoo raised his eyebrows and Suzy sat beside him. She didn't say anything and she was breathing quite heavily. Myungsoo tried to ignore her breathing as he caught a petal from the cherry blossom in his hand. He examined it then dropped it in the floor, holding his other hand to catch another petal. 

"What the hell are you doing?" Suzy's cold voice echoed in his ears. 

Myungsoo jumped a little and stared at her coldly. He the hand up that contained the petal and dropped it in Suzy's lap. Suzy stared at it for a long time while Myungsoo observing Suzy. 

Suzy let out a sigh. "I just saw my brother kissing his boyfriend." She blurted out. 

Myungsoo was surprise at what Suzy said and he didn't know how to respond. He only looked at Suzy with wide eyes. Suzy was still looking at the petal on her lap. 

"Why were you out of breath before?" Myungsoo asked, suddenlt realising that he was curious. He also wanted to change the subject since he didn't know what to say about Suzy's brother. 

"Because I ran here." Suzy didn't look up and her attention stayed on the petal. 

"Because you miss me so much?" Myungsoo teased. He tried to make Suzy laugh or at least look at him. 

Suzy didn't reply and her eyes were still glued on the petal. She didn't know how to answer him because she wanted to see him but she didn't know if it was 'missing' him. "No. Don't get your hopes up." What she said wasn't a lie. She didn't run because she missed him. "I ran because I thought I could get away from reality. But it looks like I can't." She added. 

Myungsoo felt awkward and it was the first time he didn't see Suzy shoot him with a cold look when he . It was also the first time that he saw her act this way. He put his hand on her shoulders awkwardly. "You oppose to your brother's relationship?" He finally found a decent question to ask about Suzy's brother. 

"No. It's not that. Actually I don't know. He was dating a girl 2 years ago.. but then she died. After that, he didn't date anybody. This is his first relationship after her death. He was going to propose to her but then she died! She freaking died! Do you know how much my brother was hurt!? He wasn't himself for a month! It might not seem that long to you but it was for him and me and my family! He lost his mind at that time! Now.. Now he's seeing a guy!" She paused then looked at Myungsoo's face. "I just don't know anymore..." Suzy's voice trailed off. She didn't realise that she was shouting at him. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to.." 

Myungsoo could see the hurt and confusion in his eyes. He was surprise that he wasn't taken aback at Suzy's behaviour. Myungsoo patted Suzy's shoulders gently and nodded. Like beofre, he was confuse to what to say again and he didn't have any clue how to comfort Suzy. Suzy layed down looking up at the tree's flowers. Myungsoo stayed where he was and looked at Suzy below. 

"Are you happy for your brother?" Myungsoo asked. He realise just a few seconds after that it was quite a stupid question. He looked at Suzy and her eyes were closed. 

"Yes." Suzy whispered. She didn't give it a second thought. She is happy for her brother. She's happy that her brother could meet someone that made him happy. She just didn't expect that someone to be a guy. 

Wihtout realising it, Myungsoo started to Suzy's hair, trying to comfort her. He didn't stop but he felt hurt seeing Suzy like that. He thought it was weird because he didn't even know that much about Suzy and he just found out that they went to the same school a few hours ago. He didn't feel this feeling towards anyone except for his family. It was his first time to feel like this towards someone he hardly knew. He then thought about the tree and it's powers. Was he really falling for Suzy? Did he start to like her? He looked up at the tree and sighed. 

"Do you believe in destiny?" He asked. He felt like a girl for asking something like that. It was one of the questions that he thought he'd never ask anyone. 

"Do you believe in fate?" 

"What's the difference?" 

Suzy shrugged and opened her eyes, Myungsoo stopped her hair. They looked into each other's eyes, trying to read what each other was thinking. 

"It's just the same as asking me if I believe that this tree is magical." Suzy pointed out. She didn't actually know whether or not she believed in fate or destiny. She believes that those two are tow different things and that they have a different meaning. "I'll tell you what I believe." Suzy began. "I believe that there's an invisible red string attach to everyone's pinky finger. The other end of the string is attach to the person you're destined to be with. The more the strings get tangled, the closer you are to finding who you're destined to be with. The string is so strong that you can't break it. It's only up to you to find out who owns the other end of your string." 

Myungsoo nodded and looked deeper in Suzy's eyes. "You believe in that but you don't believe in fate, destiny or the magic of this tree."

"I just mentioned that I believe in destiny. You should listen more carefully. What about you? What do you believe in?" Suzy asked as she fiddled with the grass under her hands. 

"I believe that this tree is magical. I believe that this tree can make two people fall in love whether they are destined to be or not."

"So, what you're saying is that this tree can make us two fall in love?" Suzy scoffed. 

Myungsoo didn't think of it like that. He shook his head then looked at Suzy. "I won't allow this tree to make us fall for each other. I'll be stubborn and won't let this tree do it's job." 

"Why? Do you hate me that much to refuse to fall me for me?" Suzy was a little bit disappointed. She didn't believe that this tree was magical but she wanted this tree to prove her wrong. She wanted Myungsoo to fall for her but she didn't want to fall for him. Like what he said, she won't allow this tree to make her fall for him. 

 Myungsoo looked away. "No. It's because I'm scared that I'll hurt you."

"See, you already fell for me." 

Myungsoo shook his head again and look back at Suzy. "I didn't fall for you. I just care about people's feelings." He knew it was a lie. He didn't care about other people's feelings. Well, except for his family. He wasn't sure about him falling for Suzy though. He still hasn't figured that one out yet. 

"The ice prince said." 

"Now I know one more detail about you and you know one more detail about me." 

"That we go to the same school." Suzy paused as she sat up. "I wonder if we're ever going to find out more about each other soon." She added. 

"Well, let fate lead us." 

"Won't that be destiny?" Suzy asked, puzzled. 

"This is so confusing. What is the difference?" Myungsoo sighed in defeat. He looked at Suzy and saw that she was thinking. 

Suzy didn't know what the difference was so she looked at him and shurgged. It was Myungsoo who layed down this time and Suzy stayed seating up. He looked down at Myungsoo and saw how beautiful his face was. It was like it was sculpted so carefully. His features so were perfect. She was amazed that someone could looke so perfect.

She became suspicious and narrowed her eyes, "Did you have face transplant?" 

Myungsoo looked at her and laughed. It wasn't the first time he had heard it but hearing it from her was amusing. "No! My face is just perfect." 

Suzy rolled her eyes, "You are so vain."

Myungsoo smirked, "Oh please. Like you haven't thought or said to yourself that you're so pretty when you look at the mirror."

Suzy didn't think she was pretty. She thought that all the pretty genes went to her brother. Her brother, in her opinion, was quite handsome and attractive. "Did you just call me pretty?" 

"You are twisting my words." He paused and sat up looking at Suzystraight in the eyes. "You're not even close to pretty." He lied.

Suzy wasn't hurt. She really didn't think she was pretty. "I know." She acknowledged. 

Myungsoo was taken aback by her answer. He thought she would have hit him or scowled at him, but she didn't. Suzy layed down next to him, their eyes locked onto each other. 

"What we if we really do fall for each other?" Suzy asked.

"Then we're destined to be together and it's fate that brought us here." Myungsoo predicted. 

Suzy giggled, "So you do know the difference." Suzy looked up at the tree then back at him. "That aslo means that the other end of my red invisible string is attach to your finger." 

Myungsoo held up his pinky finger and examined it. "Should I be stubborn and not allow the tree to make us fall in love?" 

Suzy gave it a thought, "It's really up to you. I don't care. I just believe about the red string theory." 

Myungsoo nodded and looked at th cherry blossoms. Being stubborn takes too much work. Also, I want to see if we do fall in love. He thought. 

"I believe that this tree is magical." Suzy admitted.

Myungsoo looked at her in confusion. "Why? You just told me you didn't."

"Because..." She looked at the tree. "I think I already fell for you."

They looked at to each other as the wind blew the cherry blossoms away from the tree, allowing the petals to shower them. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I did not proof read this chapter because I didn't have the time and also because I couldn't be bothered :P Sorry =.=' Woohoo! WooGyu! XD I'm not good with kissing scenes, okay? I failed at WooGyu's. So don't get your hopes up and expect a really good kissing scene between Myungsoo and Suzy. I won't say whether they are having one or not but if they were, it won't be big. I also got confuse with the whole fate and destiny thing so I had to seacrh it up. It just confused me even more so I just wrote whatever about it.. I hope you guys like this chapter! Please comment on what you think :) Enjoy~ ^^; Thank you for the new subscribers ^_^ 

Comment Replies: 

@Pink3raser: I updated! So what do you think? ^^ 

@soelle1000: WOOHOO! More MyungZy time :DD

@loveisyam: Finally! It took some time, didn't it? :p

@pink14: BOOM! Here's the next chapter :') They finally met! A mricale has happened :p 

@soomuch_A: Oh! I was going to write 'hey there' for Myungsoo to say when he saw Suzy at the park last chapter but I deleted it since he needed to look angry/cold. I know! But they won't be for long ;) Well, not as much anyway ^^; hehehe, here's what happens next! I have that impression on people xD

@gysviolen: I didn't know how to add Sunggyu in so I decided to add him as Woohyun's boyfriend. WHOO! Go WooGyu! hehehe ^^; I agree that they're cute. hehehehehe..  I will continue to work hard! Thank you so much for your support~~~~!  You're making me cry TT^TT 

@lagaluga: Updated! I hope you like it~ ^^

@SkullMaki: Updated! :D Here's the next chapter.. what do you think? 

@Myungzy_Gurdian: OMONA. A nickname :') The ice couple XD I really like that :D Do you mind if I use it as their nickname in the sotry? ^^: 

 

Love, asdfghjklomg!

Please Answer~!

 

 

I just realise that 'A' and 'C' were the same =.=' But please answer on what you think xD Most votes win!